Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Loot system is so fantastic ,be careful about it

I finally know how loot system works in Burning Crusade Classic.
    This is wut happened to me ,I joined a group for the dungeon “Mechanar” last night, --- snip --- They didn’t advertise or tell me anything about items being reserved, so clearly every item should be rolled according to respective class needs. However, when we were fighting the last boss, player “--- snip ---” changed group-loot to master-loot and give the item “Abacus of Violent Odds” to --- snip ---, then they left the group immediately. After these two players ninja-looted the item, another player in my group was using another character to alert other players about these two players being ninja-looters in public chat channels. And the player named “--- snip ---” started verbally harassing me, he wanted “me” to stop saying that they are ninja looters in public chat channels. I have never said anything in public chat channels, the character who was alerting others in public chat channels is probably someone in the group, but it wasn’t me.
    After I reported them to Blizzard ,I got this Reply “The group leader in Classic and Classic Era has control over how loot should be distributed. When joining a group of players, especially those you may not be familiar with, it is important to establish how looting will work.” Is this means everyone can build up a team with group-loot ,then switch to master loot with no notation before boss, kill boss get all loots then quit? If u wont promise anyone anything and just loot it, u will be fine right? Also that team leader told me “even Blizzard doesn‘t care about this’, go farm it by yourself again”.
    Blizzard is so disappointed me. Just warning everyone , be careful about loot system.

Mod Edit: Naming and Shaming is not permitted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-03-12 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Removed character ID info.

Personal Loot is great for non-guild dungeons and raids. But if you’re in a guild raid, something the game can recognize, master loot should be an option.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by selendiiss View Post
    I finally know how loot system works in Burning Crusade Classic.
    This is wut happened to me ,I joined a group for the dungeon “Mechanar” last night, --- snip --- They didn’t advertise or tell me anything about items being reserved, so clearly every item should be rolled according to respective class needs. However, when we were fighting the last boss, player “--- snip ---” changed group-loot to master-loot and give the item “Abacus of Violent Odds” to --- snip ---, then they left the group immediately. After these two players ninja-looted the item, another player in my group was using another character to alert other players about these two players being ninja-looters in public chat channels. And the player named “--- snip ---” started verbally harassing me, he wanted “me” to stop saying that they are ninja looters in public chat channels. I have never said anything in public chat channels, the character who was alerting others in public chat channels is probably someone in the group, but it wasn’t me.
    After I reported them to Blizzard ,I got this Reply “The group leader in Classic and Classic Era has control over how loot should be distributed. When joining a group of players, especially those you may not be familiar with, it is important to establish how looting will work.” Is this means everyone can build up a team with group-loot ,then switch to master loot with no notation before boss, kill boss get all loots then quit? If u wont promise anyone anything and just loot it, u will be fine right? Also that team leader told me “even Blizzard doesn‘t care about this’, go farm it by yourself again”.
    Blizzard is so disappointed me. Just warning everyone , be careful about loot system.
    1. wrong forum
    2. pretty sure you're not allowed to name and shame here, this isn't A Current Affair
    3. that is the way loot was done back then, everyone who has been playing Classic and TBC is well aware of it
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-03-12 at 02:42 PM.

Why post something about TBCC in the retail forums tho?

There are classic sections as well.

I’m also pretty sure name/shame is against the rules

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

That's the reason why they changed everything to personal loot, because of arseholes like these. Just get an addon that alerts you when loot distribution get changed; but even if Asmongold&Co Complains: Personal loot is better against the drama.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rigman View Post
    Personal Loot is great for non-guild dungeons and raids. But if you’re in a guild raid, something the game can recognize, master loot should be an option.
    Not really: then people get to join the guild for the raid and leave it afterwards; and everyone is expecting it to work this way to activate master loot; this will 100% happen if there was this option.

Nothing wrong with the loot system ... some people are just assholes (and the number continuously increase .. it's almost at thr point where you're either an asshole or a loser)

You wanted classic, you got classic.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Nothing wrong with the loot system ... some people are just assholes (and the number continuously increase .. it's almost at thr point where you're either an asshole or a loser)
    Kinda weird saying there is no problem with the system even though it leads to everyone abuses it. As your parenthesis implies.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Kinda weird saying there is no problem with the system even though it leads to everyone abuses it. As your parenthesis implies.
    So, you're saying that if someone scams you into trading them a sum of money for nothing, the trade feature is also flawed?

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    So, you're saying that if someone scams you into trading them a sum of money for nothing, the trade feature is also flawed?
    If it turns into either you scam people or you lose... then yeah, some changes needs to be made to the trade system. Frankly, protecting yourself from being scammed in trades is quite easy to achieve. That's because safeguards were put into place to minimize it. Like whenever someone make changes in the trade you can't just accept the instant it's swapped...(don't remember exactly how it works, been a long time since I traded in wow). To give you time to review the changes.

Instant swap trading abuse was the reason changes to trading were changed... across all games. A lot games nowadays have safeguards to being tricked when trading. Because the previous iteration of it was flawed.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

5+ Year Old Account
    Master loot should always be an option. Either enable it for 100% guild groups only, or make sure that loot rules cannot be changed within an instance.

personal loot was one of the best things to happen to the game, even in guilds it could cause drama without it.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    This is not the game's fault, it's your fault.

How many items have I won on a roll in TBC? LITTERALLY 0, I got ALL my items with either Hard Ressing them as a leader in dungeons/raids or being solo Soft Res on them in raids.

It's hopeless to gear with rolling, not just the rng, but the system can easily be abused. Just work around it, make your own groups or ASK for exact loot rules, for it to be stated.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just don't bother running dungeons unless you need rep or trying to finish quests like the dungeon daily as every group has all the loot on reserve for them. Better to make your own group if you need loot as I got accused of being called a ninja for rolling on tank loot for my tank off spec. I even asked and everyone said sure and the group leader was silent till I won it and started calling me a ninja.

Personal responsibility is scary but I'd prefer that to Blizzard being forced to police everything and remove player choice just because people are too incompetent to take care of themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    3. that is the way loot was done back then, everyone who has been playing Classic and TBC is well aware of it
    If I understand op correctly they didn’t say anything was on reserve. This is not how loot worked, people would clearly say what the loot rules were when looking for people. This is how ninja looters worked it classic, “but you didn’t ask the rules” is not acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    If I understand op correctly they didn’t say anything was on reserve. This is not how loot worked, people would clearly say what the loot rules were when looking for people. This is how ninja looters worked it classic, “but you didn’t ask the rules” is not acceptable.
    It is for pugs. If you don't ask then ML can give loot to anyone he wants. I raided with a guy who was a top notch asshole. He advertised a phoenix run. We killed Kael on third attempt. No phoenix. He left the rest of the loot on the boss and left. No loot for anyone. No rules were broken. Just lots of pissed people. I have also been involved where the loot rules were explicit and then there was a ninja. We got the standard "Loot master can do what they want" reply but then we escalated. The ninjas got a ban and loot taken off them.

My advice is to make your own groups. Pushing keys, taking certain classes for loot purposes, kicking bads. Making your own groups is always the correct answer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    It is for pugs. If you don't ask then ML can give loot to anyone he wants. I raided with a guy who was a top notch asshole. He advertised a phoenix run. We killed Kael on third attempt. No phoenix. He left the rest of the loot on the boss and left. No loot for anyone. No rules were broken. Just lots of pissed people. I have also been involved where the loot rules were explicit and then there was a ninja. We got the standard "Loot master can do what they want" reply but then we escalated. The ninjas got a ban and loot taken off them.

My advice is to make your own groups. Pushing keys, taking certain classes for loot purposes, kicking bads. Making your own groups is always the correct answer
    Ya I usually ask, but most of my pug runs the raid leads point out the rules for the pickups. It really is not that hard to state the rules, and a major dick move to purposely not point them out.
    The ‘make your own group’ argument doesn’t work for everyone, not everyone is a group lead, plus if everyone made their own group there would be no one to fill said groups…

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Making your own groups is always the correct answer
    Except for the fact that in 90% or 96% of any raid cannot be the ones forming the group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    It's not the loot system's fault people are jerks.

At least blame the proper party.
    Of course the fault lies with the people who choose to be jerks. However, given that these people exist in the game, and are known to exist, that makes the loot system not fit for purpose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Master loot should always be an option. Either enable it for 100% guild groups only, or make sure that loot rules cannot be changed within an instance.
    There is literally no upside to having Master loot available.

Yes, yes, I know that the standard, reflex response is to say that it allows "optimal" loot distribution, I am telling you that a thinking response to that is that allowing "optimal" loot distribution is not the upside you want to believe it is. It just adds another way for guilds to screw up and put themselves at a disadvantage.

The idea of Master Looter comes, of course, from WoW's roots as an RPG and the way in which loot would be distributed by groups of friends sitting around a table playing real RPG and then deciding how to distribute loot. It kind of works in a guild that is comprised entirely of real life friends, but really, it is not well suited to an online computer game in which this is almost never the case.

My brother worked as a GM in WoW for 7 years, and he will tell you that 80% of the tickets he had to resolve were loot disputes. It's pretty clear that Master Looter, cool though it was as a concept for an online RPG computer game, simply wasn't fit for purpose.

Now you know why I very much prefer personal loot.

So many people took advantage of master loot.