Page 1 of 2
LastLast

microsofts rogue

with the microsoft buying of activision blizzard wonder what will happen with the rogue. will it be made better or just sit there for the last 17 years.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

It all makes sense now. Bill Gates is an Outlaw Rogue IRL

They're gonna delete rogue.

My uncle works at nintendo and he met john microsoft who told him. so it's true

speculation.. but entertaining.

- - - Updated - - -

i think microsoft is going to do a good job on what ever they decide to do.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Quote Originally Posted by Naiattavain View Post
    speculation.. but entertaining.

- - - Updated - - -

i think microsoft is going to do a good job on what ever they decide to do.
    Like continue the status quo?

well for one everything is going to change. hopefully for the best.

Nah, we all know mage is the true protagonist in WoW, time for some microsoft magic.

why does one have to be less than the other? why can't they all be equal.

why does one have to be less than the other? why can't they all be equal.
    nothing, was, is, and will be ever equal. stop this non sense utopia

make all classes equal.

- - - Updated - - -

the hero that stood out in my mind when playing rogue was 007. driven..

- - - Updated - - -

well for one everything is going to change. hopefully for the best.
    Decided to stop being negative again?

james bond is a subtlety rogue.

james bond is a subtlety rogue.
    I dunno, he tends to brawl a good bit & does not mind shooting it up at times; definitely an Outlaw Rogue...

Another Outlaw Rogue, Captain America; dual wielding Fist Weapons in Avengers: Endgame...

10+ Year Old Account
    Microsoft? They will own the company but I am 100% sure they entire WoW team will remain the same. Why would they go and fire people to replace them, why bother?

Microsoft bought them to make money, it's not a good investment to change things up. Absolutely nothing will change in the games, just the high ends will be affected and X bank account will fill instead of Y.

heh i created my own spec in shadowlands.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    It will probably be the same, "finishing" moves 5 times before the mob dies & half of autoattack hits misses.

with the microsoft buying of activision blizzard wonder what will happen with the rogue. will it be made better or just sit there for the last 17 years.
    rogues could be in danger.

normally, when MS is taken over companies, after dealing 70 billions, Phil Spencer does carefully watch how things are going. he is known for his detailed look at what exactly MS has buyed. one of the typical first things he does in his job is

- look if the game design works well
    - look if all classes are balanced
    - look if a class like hunter is too casual
    - look if Druid class is too overpowered
    - take a deep look at Rogues

these things are very important for his daily work in the first place. financee, profit, organization, teams, workflow… all this stuff is ofc important too, but will nonetheless come at 2nd. because „it’s the small details, that makes millions“ as Phil Spencer said a few years ago, when they took care in the last XBox design, as they decided to use a darker green for their platines.

so, since Phil Spncer is known for hating Rogues in nearly every game, and as said above, always have some dedicated look at the details, it „may“ be possible, he start redesigning the Rogue class in some way. so they not always, years over years, lead the warcraftlogs dps stats. at the moment, ofc, ppls are in charge, that love the rogue class design and always let em perform well. but since Phil Spencer is a well known Rogue hater it is definitely possible, that one of his first actions is to utterly redesign rogues. and not for the good.

but its a long time till mid 2023. the best thing we can do, is to watch all of this carefully. as Phil Spencer once said: „if you don’t watch things carefully enough, on a daily base, you become stupid AF faster than you can write a troll post“.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-04-30 at 08:44 AM.

all i care about is having a fun time playing my rogue that is all i care about.. would like to get a decent shot at doing arenas with some others.

Microsoft is currently in talks with tom cruise, speculation is that he is going to lead class design and ofc we all know he is heavily biased towards warriors. Wouldn't be surprised if we see insane overpower buffs following the microsoft acquisition followed by a reliance on dodge mechanics being added to classes like rogues.

Bill gates is also quoted as being heavily anti caster, and despite his affluence in the tech industry he is very opposed to mechanicals, did you hear about his disputes with stephen hawkings? Probably why tinkers were scrapped and dracthyr were only a last minute addition to dragonflight.

wow, It's amazing, but I don't understand