Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I like that it's finally over.
    I liked Ardenweald, though, it was pretty. Same with Revendreth.

I liked everything, except the story and the lack of content.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

I liked Torghast - when playing some classes. It's like there were two teams, one of which didn't believe in fun. However, if your class had the other team doing the power design, Torghast was awesome. A decent run on my Shaman, especially on the Endless Corridors, would end up with them having so much amazing stuff happening there was no time to press all the buttons. Awesome.

I liked three of the Covenant zones visually (Sorry, Maldraxxus, but you're ugly). Some of the story arcs were decent (let's not talk about the main arc).

I actually quite liked Ve'nari, and I'm glad they never revealed why they're in the Maw and why other brokers are looking for them (because I'm dead certain any reason they came up with would be a let-down).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd swear I found some part of it tolerable in the beginning. But I can't remember now.
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Never knew Shadowlands was the whole of wow, to be honest.

The OP asked about Shadowlands. Didn't ask about WoW as a whole.

If that was the question, then I'd have something different to say.
    Change the word "wow" to "Shadowlands" and my point still stands. He asked what you liked about Shadowlands and you rush in to tell he world that it sucks and you didn't like anything.

1. I thought the Covenant stories and abilities were pretty good and even kind of liked the Renown system (once they removed all the grindy mechanics and time gated garbage in 9.1).

2. I think Torghast had potential, though I think it should have been limited to a purely optional "mini game" like the Mage Towers with only cosmetic rewards and mounts since it started to feel "grindy" when you were obligated to do it every week for Soul Ash. I really wouldn't mind something similar in the future provided it was optional.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Yeah, you're coming back for DF, I'm guessing.
    I sure am.. gonna be rough cause when that releases likely ff14's next one will be out around that time too i play both games.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Now that I've thought about it, there is another thing I liked about Shadowlands.

The flowers.

I am playing a fantasy game. I want to go to a fantasy world. Sadly, most "fantasy" worlds in games are just mundane replicas of our own. Even when there are more fantastical zones like floating mountains, the little details like the foliage tend to be the same as ours.

But in Shadowlands, they didn't just copy paste roses. The environment/prop artists went through the effort of creating a fantasy, magic rose.

These glowing plants in Ardenweald:

Or these triangular lilypads in Zereth Mortis:

These plants that grow crystals, like an oyster:

Really hope that the fantasy plants continue to be a thing. Would be really dull if we go to the Dragon Isles and see... regular flowers and stuff we've seen countless times before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't really think of anything I liked when there was so much I hated. Just the fact that you prolly need a few million anima to get all collectables etc makes me sick.

I guess the scenery of most zones, especially Revendreth was nice.

And I actually did enjoy the idea of Torghast, it was really fun to feel upgraded as you progress, but ofc it was ruined by RNG and being ilvl dependant. They should have maed Torghast scale to a certain ilvl, even for the hardest difficulties, and made it less RNG what powers you get and it would have been perfect.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed (and still do) Torghast and m+. Mostly because I do that stuff with friends, as long as they play - I play.

Not as much fun as last season of BFA was, though. Corruption was, towards the end there, really fun. Going "full tiddy runs" (Twilight Dev stacked to oblivion) was fun. Specially when I played my resto druid and went into bearform for giga TD procs (and the threat that it gave..).

That one run in The Motherlode where we were gonna death skip, but failed it - so we just kept trying until we got it (while shitfaced drunk) was the highlight of that expansion. 300+ deaths, several hours, etc. Haven't had a moment like that in SL.

I enjoyed the covenants when they were opened up. Should've been like that since the start.

I hope they do something crazy in the last m+ season though. Just for the laughs. Uncapped legendaries, all covenant abilities, etc. Just unleash the chaos.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    It was good when it launched, but had nothing to carry it beyond the first 6 months, then just got dragged out by convoluted systems to try to make up for the obscene power creep.

I hate seeing the same mistakes over and over. Why is Memory of Unit account wide but the original belt legendary isn't? We are currently obligated to do the damn quests over and over on all alts. Please tell me there's another way.

I was happy to beat it in LFR mode and no i don't care about doing it higher pointless last boss is dead game over.dragon flight here i come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lots of great mounts and transmog added. Art team knocked it out of the park like usual. Torghast as a concept was really fun just disliked the mandatory currencies for the garbage legendary system. Oh and reknown with convenants is a much better system than traditional reputations/factions. Just make it account wide from the start and they would have been perfect.
    Last edited by Dug; 2022-05-05 at 09:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The zone design of Revendreth was really cool and reminded me of Storm Peaks, although I still prefer Storm Peaks. Castle Nathria was a very good raid, probably top 10 all time. Tazavesh was solid--I like it more than Mechagon but maybe not as much as Return to Kara. Venthyr fire mage with 4-set, double legendaries and the right talents is really fun--reminds me of Legion fire + the Mechagon bracers.

The more I think about it, I think SL could have been a way better expansion if the story had revolved around the Ethereal cartel wars that were happening in the background. That sounded so much more interesting and high potential to me, but we barely got any of it in the game. And Tazavesh could have been the capital city.

The dungeons and the Covenant Transmogs.
    There should've been a transmog for each patch basically. A transmog with the same quality as the initial one.

The Castle Nathria raid was exceptionally well done as well and probably one of my most favorite raids so far.

Great Vault is also better than BFA chest, but still needs even more improvements.

Thorghast was pretty fun but basically immediatly forgotten as no new powers were introduced whatsoever.
    When these special events with the "pet" came up, it was fun again for a while.
    It tells me that it's a fun system that needed more support.

CN was a great raid, the dungeons were fun, at first. Some of the classes were very fun to play. Besides that, nothing really.

Normally I would artwork and music, but the artwork is well made it’s the style I didn’t like. Same for music, so I don’t know if it’s the teams fall, or someone higher up.

I love the concept of back t-mogs which are not cloaks. I know it started in BfA with Visions, but we got many cool back appearances through covenants, Torghast and Korthia rare drops... Plus quiver for hunters (which really should become regular Hunter t-mog option honestly).

I love return of tier sets.

While not ideal, I liked Great Vault. Huge improvement from BfA weekly stash.

I really enjoyed covenants and farming transmog sets and mounts.

I love mount hunting through various creative means, like collecting various tools for fae wildseed cradle, not just dropping mounts from rares or buying them from vendor.

I liked casual solo content like covenant minigames and Torghast. I love how godlike I become in Torghast. As it has been stated already, if Torghast was purely for cosmetics, it would be great free time activity.

While not really balanced, I like how covenants give you more possible playstyles for your characters.

I like that Anima grind was purely optional and was not really required for your character (and most importantly alts) to be functional.

I loved otherwordly feel of Shadowlands. It was something different. Also, return of few familiar faces was nice nostalgic touch. Soundtrack is great too.

So yes... There are many things I eventually like about Shadowlands. I enjoyed the expansion way more then BfA, which had lackluster systems whole expansion, while Shadowlands had major improvements based on player feedback, which made expansion way more enjoyable in the end.

Shadowlands have been quite a decent expansion gameplay wise I felt like they had quite a lot of options to progress, small interesting things to explore in each zone and so on.

For me there are two reasons that made me dislike the expansion and it was the late Catch-up Mechanics due to stubborness from the developers and the story.

But beyond that it have been a good expansion that I have enjoyed gameplay wise but it is hard to be interested in a game when the story is completely garbage.

I think I have to add the mechanic of upgrading any gear from other forms of content to tier sets. This solves one of my long running issues I had with gearing and collecting tier stuff, and frankly that is probably the only truly good thing (instead of forced pleasantries) to come out of SL thus far.

Sadly I already expect Blizzard to forget that they already solved this issue next expansion...
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.