What are kinds of pizza in your country that make people from other countries cringe?

Here in Sweden we have this kind of pizza, called the Africana;

It's chicken, peanuts, curry powder and banana. Sometimes there's also pineapple. Bahamas is the same, but with ham rather than chicken, Riviera is with ground beef, and Barbados is with corn rather than meat, so a vegetarian version. There's also one with beef tenderloin but it's called differently across the country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Such a weird question.

I typically do not ask people from other countries what pizza they consume in my country (USA) that makes them cringe.

Any fruit based pizza seems to trigger people in my experience. We have a pizza at a local place here that uses strawberries, bacon and a sweet glaze and it's amazing.

I don't like pineapple pizza but my best friend is mad about it

Mentaiko mayo on pizza. I'm generally not too picky but that stuff is a taste I haven't aquired.
    I love me salmon, flying fish, and sea urchin roes but something about mentaiko just doesn't agree with me.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Being from the Chicago 'burbs, I love me our tavern-style pizzas as well as the more rarely ordered: deep dish pizza.

People love to hate on deep dish, yet most people I know who hate on it have never tried it. How can you hate it without trying it? It doesn't even add some crazy ingredient like pineapple! It's literally just MORE pizza lol if you know you love pizza, you'll love deep dish. It's just more of what you love!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Being from the Chicago 'burbs, I love me our tavern-style pizzas as well as the more rarely ordered: deep dish pizza.

People love to hate on deep dish, yet most people I know who hate on it have never tried it. How can you hate it without trying it? It doesn't even add some crazy ingredient like pineapple! It's literally just MORE pizza lol if you know you love pizza, you'll love deep dish. It's just more of what you love!
    I regard deep dish pizza as more casserole than pizza,won't stop me from scarfing down as much as I can though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    I regard deep dish pizza as more casserole than pizza,won't stop me from scarfing down as much as I can though.
    Because you said you'll scarf down as much as you can, I'll look the other way from you calling it a casserole. lol

If we're going to call it anything besides pizza, it's a pie.

Seriously though you get it! It's delicious!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamilk View Post
    Mentaiko mayo on pizza. I'm generally not too picky but that stuff is a taste I haven't aquired.
    I love me salmon, flying fish, and sea urchin roes but something about mentaiko just doesn't agree with me.
    /big picture
    Honestly, idk what all is on that pizza, but it looks good. I'd try it. Tell me more. Where can I get it?
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Because you said you'll scarf down as much as you can, I'll look the other way from you calling it a casserole. lol

If we're going to call it anything besides pizza, it's a pie.

Seriously though you get it! It's delicious!!

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, idk what all is on that pizza, but it looks good. I'd try it. Tell me more. Where can I get it?
    Japan. The reddish pink swirls on top of the cheese are mentaiko, a seasoned cod roe.
    There may also be swirls of Japanese mayo on the pizza, but I can't exactly tell from the photo.
    The dark green rectangles are nori, the stuff that goes on the outside of sushi rolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamilk View Post
    Japan. The reddish pink swirls on top of the cheese are mentaiko, a seasoned cod roe.
    There may also be swirls of Japanese mayo on the pizza, but I can't exactly tell from the photo.
    The dark green rectangles are nori, the stuff that goes on the outside of sushi rolls.
    Yep, I'd eat it.
    "A flower.