10+ Year Old Account

new mount collecting achievement for 500+

...what do you think any chance that new mount for new collecting achievement can be some type of soul eater mount???.. I mean I do not get it why blizz did not swap gladiator with ksm mounts in season 2 or season 3, also good chance for soul eater type mount was Glory of the Dominant Raider achievement. Also till sl we always got some type of gladiator pvp mount in pve, so really hope we can get chance, to get on some way in pve soul eater type mount...

Ive given up hope this ever happens.

What about 550? 600? 650? I'm past those already, and I haven't even unlocked any necrolord/protoform stuff yet. And I'm nowhere near the sweatiest collector around!
    I say give us a new type of mount (one that looks like something to do with a lot of mounts.. cages or whatever), and give us a new recolor for every 50 from 500+. It sounds lazy and just another +1.. which is why it's perfect and maybe the only way you can get blizz to do anything about it.

i hope we finally get a new achievement for mount collecting and i hope is a unique mount since all the other ones are just recolors

Calling it now... the 500 reward will be a ray ban sunglasses toy appearance for our dragon's in DF. "2 min duration, 1 hour cd, can't be used outside of dragon isles. "

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Nhiosis View Post
    Calling it now... the 500 reward will be a ray ban sunglasses toy appearance for our dragon's in DF. "2 min duration, 1 hour cd, can't be used outside of dragon isles. "

I also want to get

develop https://www.worktime.com/
    Last edited by Manjachka; 2022-05-31 at 11:18 AM.

They have rly weird arguments regarding mount collecting since there are way more ppl with 400+mounts then ce from last raid

New in Dragons xpac for 500 mounts achieve:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    The main point of the thread to me is: by the time you reach 500 mounts, you'll have countless other mounts more interesting and attention-grabbing than the reward the achieve is currently giving. That makes both the achieve and reward underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Icy96 View Post
    I am quite baffled at how people seem to 'accept' getting an otter as a 500 mount reward... Five-hundred. If the otter was in any capacity unique, sure I'd love it. And don't get me wrong, the otter is a fantastic mount that I look forward to be getting six, or however many, different variants of - I just don't want one of the variants to be the one that underlines my achievement of obtaining 500 mounts. And yes, this is an opinion, I get that.

However, how can some of you sit here and say that with 500 mounts, you will have countless other interesting and unique mounts that will undermine the value of obtaining said achievement... What's with the losing attitude? Mind you, you and I have been farming for hundreds if not thousands of hours (yes, this is lunacy). Shouldn't we at the very least get something more striking than what we will be getting from a reputation? Blizzard are no stranger to adding interesting and unique mounts into the game, actually quite often - too bad they usually come with a price tag. For once, it could be nice to see one of such unique mounts added to the mount collection achievement, or at the very least use a recolor of a mount that is harder to obtain than that of an otter - however cute that otter may be, and however much I look forward to getting it.

I understand this is an opinion and not everyone gravitates with it, but my main point is: Let's not settle for any less, than what the achievement is actually worth

Both these comments underline the issue with the 500 mount achievement.

500 is a huge milestone and at the same time lackluster. Getting 500 mounts was an achievement in WOD or Legion, not now when each patch adds a dozen mounts and recolors. A Horde of Hoofbeats was added in patch 8.0.1.27326 and according to Wowhead is attained by 9% of profiles. According to Warcraftmounts, there are 917 mounts available in the game with another 3 dozen retired mounts. dataforazeroth has the most mounts collected by a single player at 912, with hundreds of characters over 600.

This achievement is too late to be any kind of landmark, Before I quit in 9.1 my main has 563 mounts and I am missing most mounts from 9.0 and 9.1 (and everything onwards). Thats a total of 246 Horde and Neutral mounts that are still obtainable in the game. Some as easy as Legion Class mounts and rep, with a few achievement/pvp mounts, others are X% drop chance from a once a day kill.

IF i log into DF, I and many others will get the achievement right off the bat with no extra work. Collectors will have nothing to work for until blizzard adds the next achievement in the next expansion that most collectors will get when they log in.

The otter is a cool mount but not the capstone 501th mount, especially when recolors will be available from rep/drops/X/etc. While 500 isnt a huge amount to a collector, it is still a huge number for most players. 500 is over the halfway mark of attainable mount in the game. Warcraftmounts has 434 unused looks on file. Blizzard can take one and add some armor to it/bling/effects and make that the achievement mount.

Example 1 -

https://www.warcraftmounts.com/mount.php?mountid=1259
    Add golden armor
    Add a golden trail effect as it runs/flies
    Mount special - It roars and summons a spectral version of a random (or favorite) mount you have that will run behind you for 5 minutes. Max of 5.

Example 2 -

The Sedan chair is pulled by two random mounts.

Example 2 -

Slap a saddle on

or

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

The new 500 mount looks fucking horrible literally every other dragonflight mount looks better than it including the other river otter mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are already far too many mounts to farm in this game, it's become riddicilous. Mounts used to mean something back in the day. What point is it to collect 600-700 or even 800 mounts like some collectors prolly have, while only using a handful of them?

This just encourage them to add more meaningless mounts to make us completionists play more :S
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

A very interesting topic that I have been looking at, I think this is one of the most important information for me. And I'm glad to read your post. Thanks for sharing!

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    There are already far too many mounts to farm in this game, it's become riddicilous. Mounts used to mean something back in the day. What point is it to collect 600-700 or even 800 mounts like some collectors prolly have, while only using a handful of them?

This just encourage them to add more meaningless mounts to make us completionists play more :S
    I am not sure at what expansion it was, but there was a point where I felt totally overwhelmed about the amount of new mounts added to the game. I think it was in Legion and all the world rares. I enjoyed way more farming mounts from dungeons than all those rares. I think there shouldn't be more than 2 or 3 mounts per exp. from world rares, or in case there are many more, they should become a 100% drop, like those from WoD.

I would like to have time to actually play the game and ocasionally farm mounts, but at this point if you want to be a mount collector you have to entirely spend your time on farming mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post

Would you rather have no more mounts in next expansion?