Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I've never been infracted for propaganda, but I potentially could be at any turn and within a reasonable discussion. This is the problem.

Example? If I say that, for example, Russian sportsmen shouldn't be punished over the military invasion by the RF because they aren't complicit, I could be infracted. I most likely won't, but I could because I'm sure there's some Russian politicians who expressed the same opinion.
    This 100%. The second you try to have a discussion in order to understand why things happen, you are running the risk of being banned, cancelled, sensored and called a "Putin supporter". Theres a difference between wanting to understand and taking a side. You can perfectly fine be on the side of "Fuck off Putin you piece of shit" while at the same time try to understand why things happen when looking at the bigger picture.

The sentiment from the OP is understandable and in some cases brings merit, but we are running the risk of being victims ourself from whatever propaganda we in the west experience all the time.

Make no mistake, we do it too. All the time. And you know what? It doesnt make it better whatsoever.

It feels like a difficult thing to handle. Lots of people just have bad views and genuinely believe some obvious propaganda. Keeping that in mind, it's hard to punish people for simply being wrong, even if it's obvious. If there is proof the person is trolling and/or clearly has bad intentions, obviously that's worth a ban or post removal, but that can be difficult to know/prove.

Any sort of verification or fact check process also seems like putting too much on moderators.

Maybe for claims deemed questionable by glance, moderation staff can add a message to the post, making it clear that the claim is sketchy? Anyone who takes issue can then supply a source to get the text removed. I doubt many people making dubious claims would bother arguing their case for their claims, so it might not be too difficult to enforce.

The OP posting this topic while using that avatar is better satire than anything Verhoeven could've come up with.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Mods are not journalists, how do you think they could verifiy whether a source is legit?

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Mods are not journalists, how do you think they could verifiy whether a source is legit?
    Mods shouldn't have to go hunt for sources.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    Just ignore it lol.
    This is an MMO (wow) dedicted site.

If you don´t feed the trolls they go away, this is the same.

I personally never even see this issue. IF I see it, I keep scrolling.

I suggest the ignore button

Politics sub-forum was a mistake.

When you choose to frequent a video game dedicated website for your daily does of global political discourse and debate… and become upset that perceived poor moderation is happening, or not happening to the level it should for such “high quality” world affairs/geo-political discussion and debate, you need to figure out your priorities.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2022-03-27 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post

When you choose to frequent a video game dedicated website for your daily does of global political discourse and debate… and become upset that perceived poor moderation is happening, or not happening to the level it should for such “high quality” world affairs/geo-political discussion and debate, you need to figure out your priorities.
    Yup. Gen-OT and it's sub forum is fairly cancerous on everything here.

WoW, just like most Blizzard games are insanely popular in Russia. These people you're accusing of being state-sponsored shills might very well be people who genuinely hold these ideas, however misguided/brainwashed you feel they might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The OP posting this topic while using that avatar is better satire than anything Verhoeven could've come up with.
    Would you like to know more?

Indeed, though it might well be that such a section was created to compartmentalize the politics from the rest of the forums.

How exactly do the mods of this forum determine an account is a "state-sponsored" account/paid shill? "It's obvious"? No.

Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    How exactly do the mods of this forum determine an account is a "state-sponsored" account/paid shill? "It's obvious"? No.
    The same way they determine if an account is flaming or trolling. Personal judgement. It's not like there's some kind of external appeal system if someone thinks they made the wrong call. That's how it's always been, and how pretty much any privately-owned platform works. They don't have to prove anything​ to you, or anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The same way they determine if an account is flaming or trolling. Personal judgement. It's not like there's some kind of external appeal system if someone thinks they made the wrong call. That's how it's always been, and how pretty much any privately-owned platform works. They don't have to prove anything​ to you, or anyone else.
    Oooooor we can just allow anyone with an opinion to express it? If an opinion is over the top or actually dangerous then infract the post. If it continues, continue infracting until the account is banned. Rinse and repeat. If the behavior continues, consider permanently banning said account. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how it is today?

Considering these accounts that you guys seem to be SURE are shills are still around indicates to me that the current moderators have already made their opinions on them clear. They aren't saying anything damning enough to close them. So what would a policy change like this do?

Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    Oooooor we can just allow anyone with an opinion to express it? If an opinion is over the top or actually dangerous then infract the post. If it continues, continue infracting until the account is banned. Rinse and repeat. If the behavior continues, consider permanently banning said account. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how it is today?

Considering these accounts that you guys seem to be SURE are shills are still around indicates to me that the current moderators have already made their opinions on them clear. They aren't saying anything damning enough to close them. So what would a policy change like this do?
    I think it's already covered under trolling, honestly. I was just pointing out that the "how could they tell?" argument doesn't hold up. Neither does the "but it's just their opinion" one. Mods use their judgement, and nobody here has any right to use these forums in ways the admins don't want us to.

I grok this is the best post in the thread.

Don't take online conversation with strangers so seriously, we're not solving any problems here. It's all a lark.

Plus, it's funny to watch people dig deeper and deeper when things don't go their way. If you're not laughing at the Putinistas yet, why not?