Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    They saw how easy their Cousin Kroenke got money from the NFL adn that they even covered his legal expenses when he moved his new toy to LA, so they were like COOL, MORE MONEY.
    The Kroene's own the other Denver franchises, the super rich people are all connected somehow.

If they put money into the team it might be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    My team used to be owned by news corp... So yeah....
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The NFL owners need to kick Snyder to the curb.
    Everyone likes the Snyder cut. And while the NFL has an...interesting history with regards to discrimination, the league should take "fucked season ticket holders" seriously.

15+ Year Old Account
    If this becomes a trend, for teams to be seen as money printing toys instead of sports business where the emphasis is still on SPORTS, then the NFL is in a HEAP of trouble.

And thinking about this, have ANY of the new owners actually succeeded? Kroenke did, but he'd been around football business for quite a while with the Rams before he actually outright bought the team
    Been like that for a while. You’re only looking at the NFL but including the NBA teams have been money printing machines for a while. Balmer paid like 4 billion or something for the clippers and earned it back within a few years. I would’ve thought you of all people would’ve known what a turn key operation sports teams were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Completely forgot the USFL was still a thing.

Paxton Lynch picked up where his NFL career left off. 2 for 5 for 1 yard and a pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now Deebo Samuel wants out and has given the Niners a trade request. Offseason of the Trades continues.

Now Deebo Samuel wants out and has given the Niners a trade request. Offseason of the Trades continues.
    If I was the 49ers I'd say 'nah'. Dude is under contract and has no real leverage because if he tries to sit out games he'd not escape his contract. Soon as it starts coming to significant fines he'll show up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    If I was the 49ers I'd say 'nah'. Dude is under contract and has no real leverage because if he tries to sit out games he'd not escape his contract. Soon as it starts coming to significant fines he'll show up.
    But what good is it to have a disgruntled player on teh roster that doesn't want to play for you? If you force him to suit up, what kind of production are you going to get out of him when he's trying to prevent getting hurt?

And remember, the Niners think they are a Superbowl caliber team that needs to win right now. They don't have the luxury to wait and waste time and players.

But what good is it to have a disgruntled player on teh roster that doesn't want to play for you? If you force him to suit up, what kind of production are you going to get out of him when he's trying to prevent getting hurt?

And remember, the Niners think they are a Superbowl caliber team that needs to win right now. They don't have the luxury to wait and waste time and players.
    I mean blame the players for agreeing to a deal that gave nfl teams more power of a player trying to holdout. Samuel is on his rookie deal and had a huge breakout year. Does that mean he deserves reset the market type of money? No. He obviously wants WAY more than the 49ers are offering. But the 49ers also have the power here, who cares if he he disgruntled. If he comes out this year and plays like shit he can kiss any big contract goodbye. He has to play hard to earn a good deal after this next year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I mean blame the players for agreeing to a deal that gave nfl teams more power of a player trying to holdout.
    Yeah they screwed themselves royally on that one. The penalties for holdouts are so spiteful and punitive that I am astonished they voted yes on the awful proposal they were given.
    /s

Yeah they screwed themselves royally on that one. The penalties for holdouts are so spiteful and punitive that I am astonished they voted yes on the awful proposal they were given.
    The vast majority of players that vote are not nearly good enough to hold out. That's why a lot of little things like this make it through the vote, because to most players it won't matter.

He is probably doing this now because he knows his production will likely drop and he wants to capitalize on the currently insane WR market.

Have to keep in mind a lot of his production was because their running backs kept getting hurt, Kittle missed games (and I think played hurt?) and Brandon Aiyuk was their only other receiver. Not to mention QB is a question mark for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, from a labor standpoint, they want him to do more they should pay him more. He is doing other people's jobs, he should get a raise. The madness of the receiver market complicates things and makes it much more difficult but it's something that should happen.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, from a labor standpoint, they want him to do more they should pay him more. He is doing other people's jobs, he should get a raise. The madness of the receiver market complicates things and makes it much more difficult but it's something that should happen.
    Yep.

They used him as a glorified RB while he's a WR for most of his time. If they want to use him as such a dual threat and make him risk his body more by being a RB instead of a WR, then they need to pay him as such.

Team can force him, and will eventually, by making him show up, but in the end what good does that do? You end up with a Ben Simmons situation of a player that refuses to play on grounds you can;t touch him on, and then you can dock his pay, but that's very tricky legal situation to put yourself in when the solution is probably just to trade him away right now and get draft compensation and start over.

The issue is that the Niners seem to feel they can just make him do what they want to do without his input. That's not flying anymore when players see what team shell out for good players that are in situations that no longer work for them. The precedent with Watson and Wilson and Adams and others has been set, there's no putting this genie back in the bottle. Players KNOW they have leverage and just need to consistently use it.

And Deebo has plenty of leverage, cause the Niners don't really have anyone at WR beyond Aiyuk. And they want to compete NOW. So either they figure this one out or not dealing with 1 player means the rest of your season is in jeopardy, which costs you far more than dealing with Deebo right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    He is probably doing this now because he knows his production will likely drop and he wants to capitalize on the currently insane WR market.

Have to keep in mind a lot of his production was because their running backs kept getting hurt, Kittle missed games (and I think played hurt?) and Brandon Aiyuk was their only other receiver. Not to mention QB is a question mark for them.
    Deebo was leading the league in receiving yards before they started using him at RB.

It sounds like part of the reason he is peeved, his receiving production went down to benefit the running game, he took extra punishment to his body to just change where his production was and he wants to be paid as a top WR in the league not some hybrid. We all know how long RBs last in the league compared to WRs, he obviously wants his production to be as a WR and have more years playing the game.

- - - Updated - - -

And Deebo has plenty of leverage, cause the Niners don't really have anyone at WR beyond Aiyuk. And they want to compete NOW. So either they figure this one out or not dealing with 1 player means the rest of your season is in jeopardy, which costs you far more than dealing with Deebo right now.
    They will either give up or heavily limit the RB snaps and give him a huge deal or they will fleece some poorly ran team like the Jets for multiple first/second round picks and probably end up alright either way. I love Deebo as a player but if I was GM and the Jets called up and offered a 1st and 2nd he would be on a plane to NY, that lets you not only draft a player to help fill his production but a top OL or DB on top of it both of which the 49ers need.

49ers are probably more worried about Bosa if we're being honest, they aren't in immediate need to get that done yet since they have the 5th year option but that is a generational pass rusher that is going to command a monster contract. They probably don't want to lose Deebo but they definitely aren't going to give him a deal so large it makes dropping the bank on Bosa more difficult.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-04-21 at 01:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just about 48 hours to the Draft. Let's liven this thread up in preparation.

Who is your team drafting with their 1st draft pick?

For me, the Patriots, I think Andrew Booth, CB from Clemson. Patriots could definitely use outside corners, he's from a well coached school and has the measurables.

What's your guess?

Who is your team drafting with their 1st draft pick?
    Russell Wilson

Really, I have no idea. They don't pick until 64 and pass rush, ILB, corner, TE, RT and center are all needs. With that being the case, they will draft something no one has talked about since that is how everything has gone with George Paton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Russell Wilson

Really, I have no idea. They don't pick until 64 and pass rush, ILB, corner, TE, RT and center are all needs. With that being the case, they will draft something no one has talked about since that is how everything has gone with George Paton.
    Yeah, I specifically went with first pick and not first round pick, cause SO MANY teams gave up their first rounder this year. xD

I can see not having a clue who might even be there at 64 though. That's a long way.

We're probably going WR or CB. If Burks falls to 25, maybe we pick him, but if Booth or Kaiir Elam are on the board, I imagine we might go that direction. Obviously Stingly will be gone. Maybe if Devin Lloyd falls because of these injury concerns, we go LB, but I doubt it. Daxton Hill is also a possibility if we're worried about Micah Hyde/Jordan Poyer getting old.

I'd say it's between Booth, Elam, and Hill.