Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They probably want a long term backup, and think Zappe fits better in that role behind Mac Jones than Howell.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    They probably want a long term backup, and think Zappe fits better in that role behind Mac Jones than Howell.
    I thought they had a long term backup in Stidham or whatever his name was

- - - Updated - - -

Howell’s free fall finally stops at first pick of 5th round to Washington.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Man what a weird QB draft. Everyone who had a question mark got somebody, except the Seahawks who seem content to just tank for next year's draft, yet everyone who had a question mark still feel like obvious QB mocks next year if they do end up in the top 10 again.
    Dragonflight: Better, but at this point WoW needs a major reboot not an incremental upgrade.

FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter | Classic - Grobbulus (Alliance)/Ashkandi (Horde)

Seems like Denver is drafting more of special teams than anything else so far. Probably a good idea, that unit has been a disaster outside of McManus for years now.

The Bills take the Punter who was promised. Not sure that is the spot I wanted to see him go, cold weather kicking = no bueno.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    The Bills take the Punter who was promised. Not sure that is the spot I wanted to see him go, cold weather kicking = no bueno.
    Bills also never punt.
    Dragonflight: Better, but at this point WoW needs a major reboot not an incremental upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Bills also never punt.
    Yeah they WISH that trend will continue. Bills didn't even punt the least in the regular season, that was the Chiefs by a mile.

Can someone explain the Araiza hype other than he can punt it really far? His touchback% is higher than his inside the 10%, which isn't very good.

Can someone explain the Araiza hype other than he can punt it really far? His touchback% is higher than his inside the 10%, which isn't very good.
    Left footed punter with a weird technique that makes returning his kicks really hard.

Also he has a low ball drive that can cover some really solid distance.

Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Left footed punter with a weird technique that makes returning his kicks really hard.

Is actually a good tackler as well and gets involved in that too.

There goes a fullback. Now a LS needs to be picked and the draft can be over.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post

Probably works for the Bills then, they won't punt once they get past the 40 anyway.

Checking out the USFL for the first time, it's interesting because Mike Pereira is both the TV official and the actual head of officiating so he is live updating during the replay of the actual official decision.
    /s

There goes a fullback. Now a LS needs to be picked and the draft can be over.
    Is Long Snapper even a category?

I wish I had put money on Atlanta's first-round pick being a WR.

I find it weird that Carson Strong is probably going to end up not being drafted. Teams must really not like his knee or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Is Long Snapper even a category?
    Yes, they just don't get drafted very often.

I find it weird that Carson Strong is probably going to end up not being drafted. Teams must really not like his knee or something.
    Maybe his parents got divorced, I hear the Seahawks only want players from "two parent homes".
    /s

The Patriots defacto GM, Matt Groh, made some comments on the end of Draft day press conferences that said "If you want a fast team, get fast players" and "If you want a tough team, get tough players". Now, at first I took those just for the typical Draft day nonsense pumping up the players you brought in, but, then I started wonderign that the Patriots felt this way about their Free Agents too they brought in (he specifically didn't just say drafted) and then I had an even more advanced thought that this might have also been applied to the players they DIDN'T resign or let go in other ways. Not fast enough, not tough enough.

So now I'm thinking about this offseason through that lens and it paints some of their moves in a very different light and I'm going through every move they made and going "are they fast enough and tough enough" and it's honestly mind blowing.

I mean, or you could have just had a bad draft. I don't know why you think Belicheck is some 5D chess master when his last few drafts have been meh at best.

Seahawks were pulling that 5D chess game in previous drafts. Didn't work out well. They picked pretty logically this time. Even the RB, if you are gonna pick one in the mid 2nd it better be the best in the draft and non a scheme fit like they've done before. Time will tell, but looks good. Glad they didn't go QB.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    The Patriots defacto GM, Matt Groh, made some comments on the end of Draft day press conferences that said "If you want a fast team, get fast players" and "If you want a tough team, get tough players". Now, at first I took those just for the typical Draft day nonsense pumping up the players you brought in, but, then I started wonderign that the Patriots felt this way about their Free Agents too they brought in (he specifically didn't just say drafted) and then I had an even more advanced thought that this might have also been applied to the players they DIDN'T resign or let go in other ways. Not fast enough, not tough enough.

So now I'm thinking about this offseason through that lens and it paints some of their moves in a very different light and I'm going through every move they made and going "are they fast enough and tough enough" and it's honestly mind blowing.
    Sounds like you're hitting the copium pretty hard.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post

Wasn't this basically the Raider's argument when they blew every draft pick under Mayock and Gruden?