10+ Year Old Account
    Calling it now, Jimmy G will be the league's next Fitzmagic. He'll get signed as a back up that's able to push a young draft pick and inevitably comes in and plays well when the draftee gets hurt on some ill advized scramble. Then turns to shit the bed JUST as you think you can rely on him.

I know Jimmy has it in him to do this the rest of his career, always being the guy they don't really want, but ends up winning games here and there as a back up when the starter is out. And then getting signed to a medium contract by the next team that thinks they need his expert back up chops behind a shaky starter.

It's perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Jimmy G staying in SF on a restructured deal worth $6.5 mil base.

I get the feeling they looked at the NFL and saw the only team that would be interested in trading or signing him at this point was the Seahawks.
    Well I mean he also had to agree to the paycut otherwise they would of been forced to release him so seems like both parties feel its best for each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Titans are releasing Brett Kern. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on the Bills now.

I have a feeling Denver will release Sam Martin too, so they will definitely have options.
    He's even from the area, Grand Island, NY.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Jimmy G staying in SF on a restructured deal worth $6.5 mil base.

I get the feeling they looked at the NFL and saw the only team that would be interested in trading or signing him at this point was the Seahawks.
    I'd rather have Drew Lock than trade for Gimmy. He fucked up playoff runs with 2 stacked 9ers teams. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    I'd rather have Drew Lock than trade for Gimmy. He fucked up playoff runs with 2 stacked 9ers teams. No thanks.
    Then if your goal is never making the Super Bowl or hell the playoffs, then enjoy the Drew Lock experience. I'd rather have a QB that can make the playoffs.

I was sadly correct about Sam Martin getting released. Not sure the guy they kept instead is really worth the $1 mill difference in cap space.

I too would rather have a high enough draft pick to take a QB that might work out over Garoppolo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Then if your goal is never making the Super Bowl or hell the playoffs, then enjoy the Drew Lock experience. I'd rather have a QB that can make the playoffs.
    I didn't know we were married to Lock for 6 years. My point is, no reason to trade for a sidegrade to Lock (reminder, Jimmy had shoulder surgery in the offseason). I do not want to trade for anyone in the league right now that is or was shopped this offseason. This team as a whole is a lot more than a middle ground QB away from winning the super bowl.

15+ Year Old Account
    I said early in summer jimmy g stays in sf because they can never seem to be rid of him and a couple people replied he was 100% gone. I’m too lazy to look them up but I feel vindicated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Football?GO BEARS!

https://youtu.be/f7IOWU1C6j8

https://youtu.be/rmcQPMo8L3E THE GOAT!

keep on rocking in the free world!

If last years 49ers team was stacked wtf do you call the rams? 2019 sure, 2021 the 49ers vastly out performed their talent level they where good there but in no way shape or form "stacked". Did you forget what the 49ers looked like without Jimmy G in 2020? It was mostly the same talent lol... Granted no Bosa and Warner missing a few games made it worse than it should of been, the offense was a literal joke without Jimmy G.

Lost to the Rams who had the closest thing you will ever see to a super team in the modern NFL and my man faulting Jimmy G for not getting past them for a 3rd time that season with his "stacked" 49ers team. I needed a lunch break laugh so thanks.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-08-30 at 08:07 PM.

I didn't know we were married to Lock for 6 years. My point is, no reason to trade for a sidegrade to Lock (reminder, Jimmy had shoulder surgery in the offseason). I do not want to trade for anyone in the league right now that is or was shopped this offseason. This team as a whole is a lot more than a middle ground QB away from winning the super bowl.
    Never married to anyone in the NFL. See Matt Ryan and the Falcons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    If last years 49ers team was stacked wtf do you call the rams? 2019 sure, 2021 the 49ers vastly out performed their talent level they where good there but in no way shape or form "stacked". Did you forget what the 49ers looked like without Jimmy G in 2020? It was mostly the same talent lol... Granted no Bosa and Warner missing a few games made it worse than it should of been, the offense was a literal joke without Jimmy G.

Lost to the Rams who had the closest thing you will ever see to a super team in the modern NFL and my man faulting Jimmy G for not getting past them for a 3rd time that season with his "stacked" 49ers team. I needed a lunch break laugh so thanks.
    Rams a modern super team? 12-5 in the regular season? 4 pro bowlers and 3 all-pros? I needed that laugh too. Closest thing we had to a super team in the past 20 years was the 07 patriots, and you could stack at least 5 teams before last years Rams.

Rams a modern super team? 12-5 in the regular season? 4 pro bowlers and 3 all-pros? I needed that laugh too. Closest thing we had to a super team in the past 20 years was the 07 patriots, and you could stack at least 5 teams before last years Rams.
    And the 'super team' was awarded one of their Super Bowl trips due to one of the worst missed calls of all time, so yeah. Real super team. What are they again, 1-1 in the Super Bowl? (Not counting shit that was 20 years ago). Woo what a dynasty!

Hell easily could argue the Rams also vastly outperformed their talent level. Kupp had an all-time season and is Stafford REALLY that good?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    And the 'super team' was awarded one of their Super Bowl trips due to one of the worst missed calls of all time, so yeah. Real super team. What are they again, 1-1 in the Super Bowl? (Not counting shit that was 20 years ago). Woo what a dynasty!

Hell easily could argue the Rams also vastly outperformed their talent level. Kupp had an all-time season and is Stafford REALLY that good?

Plus the phantom PI call that put them at the one to win the Super Bowl.

And Donald and Floyd were offsides on that 4th and 1 play to win it..

15+ Year Old Account
    I’d say the rivers/lt/Jackson/gates/cromartie chargers were a super team for a few years in terms of talent, they just loved to underperform, especially in the playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    I’d say the rivers/lt/Jackson/gates/cromartie chargers were a super team for a few years in terms of talent, they just loved to underperform, especially in the playoffs.
    I would count many non SB winners or playoff losers. 09 Colts, 11 Packers, 13 Broncos + 9ers, 15 Panthers. Maybe I am just becoming a boomer but these current teams as of the past 3-4 years don't impress me enough to be considered great. Bengals are building what could be a great team though. Might be another year off from being on the list. Bills have potential this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    The 2006 team was loaded, multiple 1st team AP on defense, and then they fired Marty and traded one playoff underachieving coach for another.
    /s

I would count many non SB winners or playoff losers. 09 Colts, 11 Packers, 13 Broncos + 9ers, 15 Panthers. Maybe I am just becoming a boomer but these current teams as of the past 3-4 years don't impress me enough to be considered great. Bengals are building what could be a great team though. Might be another year off from being on the list. Bills have potential this year.
    Bengals got a GIGANTIC hole at left guard now.

Second round pick Jacksen Carman is so bad he lost his starter spot to Cordell Volson, a 4th round draft pick from an FCS school.

Defense is going to be top 5, guarenteed. Secondary is elite with Eli Apple performing well, Jessie bates, Vonn Bell, and Daxton Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by NotBigzo View Post
    Bengals got a GIGANTIC hole at left guard now.

Second round pick Jacksen Carman is so bad he lost his starter spot to Cordell Volson, a 4th round draft pick from an FCS school.

Defense is going to be top 5, guarenteed. Secondary is elite with Eli Apple performing well, Jessie bates, Vonn Bell, and Daxton Hill.
    Eli Apple performing well? Well I guess.....

It kills me how many Saints are on the Bengals now, Eli Apple, Vonn Bell, Trey Hendrickson. Was sad to see Trey go, he finally broke out and cashed in nicely, so good on him, just wish it was with the Saints lol. Proved it was not a fluke with that Bengals year too.

Speaking of the Saints they traded off Gardner-Johnson and cut Ian Book. Book has been so bad I hope he does not surface on the practice squad, go after someone else.

So tell me with a straight face the 49ers last year had more talent than the Rams since they where so stacked.

Go on, be blunt about it if you want to continue this charade like they didn't have multiple hall of famers playing for them and almost half of their team was all pro at one point or another. The record and them barely getting the job done just shows how much of an underperforming team they are, talent wise they where by far the most stacked team the NFL has seen in years. The fact Jimmy G beat them twice with less talent but finally ran out of gas doesn't quite paint the picture you wanted to about him losing with a "stacked team".

Maybe Trey Lance will buck the trend but in regards to Jimmy G the 49ers are a deep playoff team with him and usually picking near the top of the draft without him so...
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-08-31 at 04:25 AM.