Page 43 of 142 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I mean dude had the leg for it but not so accurate on that attempt
    He had 2 tries at it too. I didn;t have sound on, but the first attempt was blown dead or probably TO by Seattle. The first attempt missed even worse.

But, if you can;t get that kick even with a practice kick in, then it just wasn;t in the cards.

There's multiple people doing the stats on it and the discrepancy between the kick and going for it, in favor of going for it was overwhelming.

Only the idiots at ESPN called it a "coin toss" between the 2 options, cause in their model they used the fact that Denver let the clock run all the way down in both cases, instead of having Denver got for it with more than a minute left and 3 time outs. And even in that super biased towards the kick scenario, the going for it on 4th down was still the better choice. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Funniest thing I saw in the aftermath was someone tweeting: "Hackett about to have the first post game coach drug test".

Cause it did indeed feel like that type of decision. lol

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    He had 2 tries at it too. I didn;t have sound on, but the first attempt was blown dead or probably TO by Seattle. The first attempt missed even worse.

But, if you can;t get that kick even with a practice kick in, then it just wasn;t in the cards.

There's multiple people doing the stats on it and the discrepancy between the kick and going for it, in favor of going for it was overwhelming.

Only the idiots at ESPN called it a "coin toss" between the 2 options, cause in their model they used the fact that Denver let the clock run all the way down in both cases, instead of having Denver got for it with more than a minute left and 3 time outs. And even in that super biased towards the kick scenario, the going for it on 4th down was still the better choice. lol
    Yeah I'd never advocate going for a 64 yard field goal with time remaining in the game unless it was like some 4th and 30 shit or something. Only time you'd want to see that is when you have no time remaining and have to do that or a hail mary.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    We have a new Anthony Lynn.

Now he's forcing extra kneel downs for no reason, yeah I hate this guy.
    Anthony Lynn and Nate Hackett both coached the Bills during the dark times!

You don't want any coaches pre-Josh Allen from the Bills.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

ESPN is on whatever Hackett was on if they think a 64 yard FG in Seattle has a 30% chance of working. Only 2 times that has happened are Prater in Denver and Tucker in Detroit. Guess it fits along with the rest of ESPN's analytics though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Watching Wilson break the huddle sub 12 seconds a lot this game was pretty surprising. I thought that was for sure a Carroll issue
    It might be a Wilson issue. Did they never use timeouts in those situations either? Taking delay of games and rushing to get plays off, especially when Seattle knew the ball was being snapped with 1 second left, instead of use any timeouts was strange.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Anthony Lynn and Nate Hackett both coached the Bills during the dark times!

You don't want any coaches pre-Josh Allen from the Bills.
    I'd make the argument you probably don't want Sean McD sans Josh Allen either. As we've seen from the Brady/Bellicheck divorce....most of these coaches just ain't good without the QB who can drive play.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I'd make the argument you probably don't want Sean McD sans Josh Allen either. As we've seen from the Brady/Bellicheck divorce....most of these coaches just ain't good without the QB who can drive play.
    Weren’t you the one who said any drafted qb going to the bills at that time would’ve done just as well as Allen? I think the specific comparison was Darnold?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Weren’t you the one who said any drafted qb going to the bills at that time would’ve done just as well as Allen? I think the specific comparison was Darnold?
    That has nothing to do with Sean McD's in-game coaching decisions, which started out awful (including clock management), and have only been marginally improved since then. Which was exposed in Kansas City in January last year.

Front office is pretty damn good, and I'd even say McD knows how to develop young players. But before Josh was dominating, McD was the same type to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

P.S. Anthony Lynn was great, here, as a development guy. His playcalling was mid-to-above average. Clearly his head coaching was bad.

Hard to imagine Miami doing something smart, fouling up that free agency decision is what makes the dolphins the dolphins.
    True enough. At the time Miami was worried about the shoulder. Seems that New Orleans made the right call 20/20. If only Atlanta could play 4 quarters and not do their legacy of playing through 3 great quarters then give away a lead. See ya'll in New Orleans!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    That has nothing to do with Sean McD's in-game coaching decisions, which started out awful (including clock management), and have only been marginally improved since then. Which was exposed in Kansas City in January last year.

Front office is pretty damn good, and I'd even say McD knows how to develop young players. But before Josh was dominating, McD was the same type to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
    While the 13 seconds thing was awful, I'm still happy with McDermott. I'm sure he at least had a say in picking the Josh that caused you unfathomable sorrow and gnashing of teeth on draft night.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    It might be a Wilson issue. Did they never use timeouts in those situations either? Taking delay of games and rushing to get plays off, especially when Seattle knew the ball was being snapped with 1 second left, instead of use any timeouts was strange.
    It depends what moon cycle the game fell on. Pete would either blow early TOs so you are screwed later or do shit similar to last night. Though I have a good feeling Pete would've called a time out at around 45 seconds. He likes to be in the redzone at 30 seconds with fresh downs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    True enough. At the time Miami was worried about the shoulder. Seems that New Orleans made the right call 20/20. If only Atlanta could play 4 quarters and not do their legacy of playing through 3 great quarters then give away a lead. See ya'll in New Orleans!!!!
    I don't want to pile on, but I read that, over the last three seasons, the Falcons are 5-3 with a 15+ point 4th quarter lead, while every other NFL team is a combined 244-2-1.
    /s

I don't want to pile on, but I read that, over the last three seasons, the Falcons are 5-3 with a 15+ point 4th quarter lead, while every other NFL team is a combined 244-2-1.
    That was the one thing that was talked about all over sports talk radio this week. I think that Falcons fans are the only NFL franchise that going into the 4th quarter with a two-score lead goes... Well, we are about to lose this one every time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well given the Cowb oys seaosn is over, looks like I'll be paying more attention to my 2ndary team thye Seahawks.

ugh, maybe we can tnak and trade our high ranked 1st for Payton's rights?

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Better be giving more than just a 1st.

Well given the Cowb oys seaosn is over, looks like I'll be paying more attention to my 2ndary team thye Seahawks.

You bandwagon fan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NotBigzo View Post
    You bandwagon fan.
    you hush. May Micah sack Burrow 6 times this weekend

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is that even a curse? I feel like that's just Burrow's life.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

But the Cowboys have Cooper Rush!!! I'm not sure jumping to the Seahawks will be the any better option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    But the Cowboys have Cooper Rush!!! I'm not sure jumping to the Seahawks will be the any better option.
    To be fair, Ive been a fan of the Seahawks since 2005, so its jumping to another team I have an attachment to. RIP Holmgrem / Hasselbeck / J Alexander supremacy. Seahawks are also less depressing form my PoV.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mahomes bailed out by bad officiating saving him from a terrible pick.
    /s