Page 49 of 142 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Well that is something I have not seen before. Safety for backpeddling out of the endzone.
    It's the famous Dan Orlovsky special, he ran out the endzone trying to avoid an untouched Jared Allen.

Who would have thought in one day we could see both the successors to the Orlovsky safety AND the Butt Fumble?
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Who would have thought in one day we could see both the successors to the Orlovsky safety AND the Butt Fumble?
    On. The. Same. Day.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Hackett finally figured out to just run the ball from under center near the goal line.

This still might be one of the worst and longest games I have ever seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slant at the goal line...

Bold strategy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    On. The. Same. Day.
    Like I said, in one day. For a regular season week 3 of football, this one goes in the history books.

10+ Year Old Account
    Refs missed a free play offside there, but oh well. Jimmy played like boiling ass piss.

I have no idea how a team with an offense that has only put up 41 points through 3 games is 2-1. That is even worse than the Tebow offenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Refs missed a free play offside there, but oh well. Jimmy played like boiling ass piss.
    Probably just wanted to put that game out of it's misery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Peyton is so triggered by the lack of timeouts its amazing.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Pro Bowl is dead long live the Pro Bowl.

https://www.nfl.com/news/the-pro-bow...-flag-football
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Turns out making Tyreek Hill need to stop to catch a badly under thrown pass only works when teams forget to cover him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they'll be able to write this one off as a back injury.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    that tua injury is brutal. Fencing response too.

Miami doctors and coaches need to be investigated harshly for rushing him back.

It's just his back again. He'll be back at half.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's been rushed to a level 1 trauma centre with head and neck injuries.

I'm less worried about concussion and more about paralysis.

15+ Year Old Account
    IDK about it being a result of being rushed back; the slam on his head and neck seemed to hit just right.

Listening to the announcers stumbling around trying to find ways to talk about Tua without saying “concussion”.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    The NFL can no longer pretend to be tough on concussions when he suffered a clear concussion last week and either the NFL rushed him back because he's a money maker or the Dolphins rushed him back because they knew they're a top 10 draftee without him and the NFL is so uninterested in player safety that they just let them.

Dolphins should be firing their entire medical staff, the NFL should be investigated, and honestly draft picks should be being lost. Why would you want to send a college-age kid to Miami knowing they damn near got their star QB killed tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    IDK about it being a result of being rushed back; the slam on his head and neck seemed to hit just right.

Listening to the announcers find ways to talk about Tua without using “concussion”.
    You are far more likely to suffer a concussion if you've had one recently. If the symptoms of the first one haven't cleared, you're at risk for Second-Impact Syndrome, which has a 50% mortality rate from internal bleeding, blood clots, seizures, etc.

Rushing him back is the worst thing you can do if he actually suffered a concussion on Sunday. If the Dolphins handwaved clear signs of concussion, they should be punished harshly. The player is always going to want to come back in, and may even insist on his healthiness and fake a lack of symptoms for minutes at a time, it's up to someone else to insist he stays out.

Theoretically, there's an independent NFL doctor to prevent him from coming back in if he had concussion symptoms, but they work for the NFL as well, and Sunday (and today) were marquee matchups between young, talented QBs which the NFL covets, so there's probably pressure on the NFL doc to clear him too.

10+ Year Old Account
    The NFL can no longer pretend to be tough on concussions when he suffered a clear concussion last week
    Four days ago! Just to emphasize the brazen idiocy.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Just saw Tua will apparently be able to travel back to Miami with the Dolphins.

And I'm now terrified that they will find a way to BS him through protocols and have him out there again next week.

Just saw Tua will apparently be able to travel back to Miami with the Dolphins.

And I'm now terrified that they will find a way to BS him through protocols and have him out there again next week.
    I feel like with an injury like that, he should be kept overnight for observation at the very least. Send the jet up to Cincy, Ross, you cheap fuck.