Page 4 of 142 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
14
54
104
... LastLast
  1. #61
    He's talking about Watson.

    I agree, Joe Buck and Aikman suck. I remember the Tyree helmet catch was almost ruined by it being Joe Buck on the pbp. Man wouldn't sound excited if Jesus Christ himself came down and caught a TD. Unless of course, Terrell Owens is faux-mooning Vikings fans. Or was that Randy Moss?

  2. #62
    Mind if I roll need? xskarma's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Netherlands, EU
    Posts
    27,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    And rapist? Who? I don't think anyone is a rapist that matters contract wise.
    Watson, obviously. "Serial Sexual Harrasser" is maybe more accurate. Still going to loathe and ridicule any team that's going to trade 3 firsts and more for a guy like him. Teams like that deserve to see him subsequently immediately get suspended for 10 games. Serves them right.

    I hope he ends up on the Falcons.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    He's talking about Watson.

    I agree, Joe Buck and Aikman suck. I remember the Tyree helmet catch was almost ruined by it being Joe Buck on the pbp. Man wouldn't sound excited if Jesus Christ himself came down and caught a TD. Unless of course, Terrell Owens is faux-mooning Vikings fans. Or was that Randy Moss?
    That was Moss. Even just from recordings it's like Buck has a bug up his ass during that commentary and is faking outrage for other people. While in actuality from interviews etc. he seems really relaxed and not buttoned up at all. So not sure what was up with him back then. Maybe FOX overlords wanted him to be like that?

  3. #63
    I mute every game I watch that Joe Buck calls. I would rather listen to the z preseason teams than Buck/Aikman. At least they can be bad enough to be entertaining.

    The Von Miller contract is kind of bad, but at least its the Bills he went to.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    He's talking about Watson.
    Yes I'm aware, I mean he's done some potentially shady shit (as to what extent who knows since the evidence isn't exactly public knowledge and he wasn't charged with criminal actions).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Watson, obviously. "Serial Sexual Harrasser" is maybe more accurate. Still going to loathe and ridicule any team that's going to trade 3 firsts and more for a guy like him. Teams like that deserve to see him subsequently immediately get suspended for 10 games. Serves them right.
    Even then the whole story isn't known, and this is not sugar coating it in case the Saints get him, he's done some questionable shit, potentially some really bad things, but not criminal things? So the evidence must say something. I do want the facts if they ever get presented.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    I mute every game I watch that Joe Buck calls. I would rather listen to the z preseason teams than Buck/Aikman. At least they can be bad enough to be entertaining.
    I think I have more of a problem with Aikman than Buck. Aikman describes things the same way all the time and he overuses the word 'job' to the point every time I hear him say it it drives me crazy. Buck is just..I dunno, pretty boring, not hype when hype is needed and too dry.

  5. #65
    The Insane draynay's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    18,857
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Since we are all waiting for the rapist to finally choose which team we are going to hate on for the next 2-3 years...

    What do you all think about the development in Announcer land, where ESPN basically made a HUGE offer to Buck and Aikman and landed them for Monday night broadcasts.

    How do we now feel about ESPN?

    What's FOX going to do now?

    What will NBC do with the Sunday Night ticket?



    I kinda feel like the weakest link (ESPN) took one of the teams above it, which now leaves FOX holding the bag to figure out a new top pairing for their broadcasts, which basically means we are now subjected to MORE bad calls on broadcasts than usual, since it's not uncommon for teams to have the FOX crew on their broadcast several times a season, while ESPN is almost always only once.

    There's also the question of WHO of the FOX crew will see elevation, or if we are going to see even more turn over, with FOX stealing people elsewhere (Brees from NBC, maybe?)

    Either way, my hope was that ESPN would improve their broadcast and they did so, hopefully FOX can do it too, btu quicker, cause we spent like 4 years I feel with bad ESPN broadcasts.
    Regarding Watson since he is heavily involved in the NFC South I'm likely given the choice of having him on my team or facing him twice a year, in which case I would rather have him.

    As for the broadcasters that might have some big implications for me and others in my market. One of the leading candidates to replace Buck, at least for Baseball, is Joe Davis, the Dodgers broadcaster, so we might lose him most weekends if he gets the gig. He also does a lot of NCAA football so he has football experience if they want to add him to the roster.

    ESPN was unwatchable before and still is, nothing has changed there, Manningcast is the only option.

    FOX has some OK broadcasters working games, they should just bump everybody up in the rankings and it will be better for the absence of the "game of the week" duds.

    We still don't know what Sean Payton is going to do.

    - - - Updated - - -

    As for the Von Miller deal, he's not playing that out so the big $120mil number doesn't matter, it's what he gets in the first 2-3 years that counts.
    /s

  6. #66
    The Lightbringer ProphetFlume's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,942
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post

    I agree, Joe Buck and Aikman suck. I remember the Tyree helmet catch was almost ruined by it being Joe Buck on the pbp. Man wouldn't sound excited if Jesus Christ himself came down and caught a TD.
    I watched a YouTube clip of the Mile high miracle td the ravens scored against the mannings just before end of regulation and the caster sounded sooooo bored. I was at a wine tasting watch party when it was live and so didn’t hear any of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

  7. #67
    The Insane draynay's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    18,857
    Not too many memorable calls in NFL games, but now that I try and remember good ones, they mostly all came from Gus Johnson, first one I thought of was that insane Stokely TD on the deflection.
    /s

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Even then the whole story isn't known, and this is not sugar coating it in case the Saints get him, he's done some questionable shit, potentially some really bad things, but not criminal things? So the evidence must say something. I do want the facts if they ever get presented.
    He wasn't indicted. As someone who has worked in the criminal justice system, the traditional saying is that the prosecutor "can indict a ham sandwich." Prosecution can put forth any witnesses and evidence, even if they know it will probably be excluded at trial, and defense can't rebut them because the defense isn't even allowed in grand jury proceedings. The prosecutor didn't want Watson indicted. I wonder why? Couldn't be that the Houston DA is personal friends with the owner of the Houston Texans. That'd be an inconvenient truth.

    Regardless, there's still 22 civil suits pending against him.

  9. #69
    The Insane draynay's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    18,857
    Saints met with Watson again, at least one Saints player has removed all his team pics from twitter, something feels imminent. Of course Ceedy lives to troll so he might just be messin'
    /s

  10. #70
    The Bills released Beasley. Incoming virtue signals.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    The Bills released Beasley. Incoming virtue signals.
    Actually, most of Bills twitter is saying that Gabe Davis's playoff performance, and Josh's emergence as a medium-to-long passer as opposed to an underneath passer led to this.

    Jordan Poyer is just as anti-vaxx as him, and just as loud about it, and no one is thinking of cutting Poyer.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Actually, most of Bills twitter is saying that Gabe Davis's playoff performance, and Josh's emergence as a medium-to-long passer as opposed to an underneath passer led to this.

    Jordan Poyer is just as anti-vaxx as him, and just as loud about it, and no one is thinking of cutting Poyer.
    It was a dig at mmoc and the two bills drive forums.

    I think he did well for the team but at this point the money can be invested elsewhere.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

  13. #73
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    37,277
    Browns are officially out on Watson, but now they're on for Baker Watch.

    Heard conflicting things about if they want to keep him now or if their plan was always to deal him this offseason.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

  14. #74
    The Lightbringer ProphetFlume's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Browns are officially out on Watson, but now they're on for Baker Watch.

    Heard conflicting things about if they want to keep him now or if their plan was always to deal him this offseason.
    Seems like things went past the point of return. Only way I see him coming back is if he can’t get interest elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

  15. #75
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    37,277
    Za'Darius Smith goes back on signing with the Ravens.

    Has there ever been a free agency with this many "oops nevermind" moments?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

  16. #76
    Baker officially requests a trade out of Cleveland. The QB class of 2017 has been turned on its head once again...the three "sure fire" QBs have all failed to make it past their rookie contracts on the teams that drafted them.

  17. #77
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    37,277
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Baker officially requests a trade out of Cleveland. The QB class of 2017 has been turned on its head once again...the three "sure fire" QBs have all failed to make it past their rookie contracts on the teams that drafted them.
    And in spite of that people remain high on Trubisky and Mayfield certainly I'd say is a better target than Jimmy G for teams out there.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Rodgers 2 years ago: "I want out because this team won't get me receivers."

    Packers now: "We had to trade away Davante Adams because of Rodgers' contract."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Rodgers 2 years ago: "I want out because this team won't get me receivers."

    Packers now: "We had to trade away Davante Adams because of Rodgers' contract."
    Lol good fucking going Packers.

  19. #79
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    15,993
    https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/...UJ0jdZP8w&s=19

    Holy shit. I never thought they'd do it and yet they did.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/...UJ0jdZP8w&s=19

    Holy shit. I never thought they'd do it and yet they did.
    Yeah I think you gotta be quite happy right now

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •