Page 5 of 142 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
15
55
105
... LastLast
  1. #81
    That is a lot of money for a WR.

  2. #82
    Immortal Vetali's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    7,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    And in spite of that people remain high on Trubisky and Mayfield certainly I'd say is a better target than Jimmy G for teams out there.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Rodgers 2 years ago: "I want out because this team won't get me receivers."

    Packers now: "We had to trade away Davante Adams because of Rodgers' contract."
    I am assuming they have the intent of picking up a WR with the first pick they got from LV... but who knows. They could take a QB again.

  3. #83
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    37,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    I am assuming they have the intent of picking up a WR with the first pick they got from LV... but who knows. They could take a QB again.
    If I know Packers draft pain over the years, they'll pick a 4th string CB and a DT.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

  4. #84
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    15,938
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Yeah I think you gotta be quite happy right now
    This is up there with going to the playoffs by eliminating the Chargers.

    Last time we sent anyone a first, we got Carson Palmer.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

  5. #85
    Whoa Adams to the Raiders. The AFC West is going to be really interesting this year.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

  6. #86
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    37,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Whoa Adams to the Raiders. The AFC West is going to be really interesting this year.
    NFC, meanwhile, pretty sure we can just pencil in Bucs @ Rams for that championship game.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    NFC, meanwhile, pretty sure we can just pencil in Bucs @ Rams for that championship game.
    Oh man, you're right. Arizona has a tendency to fall flat on their face at the end of the season, and are losing some key players. San Fran can be sneaky good but hard to pencil them in with their QB room, Green Bay should win plenty of games even without Adams, but now have major needs at WR. Half of the South is stuck in QB limbo, and Dallas has lost Cooper and Gregory now. Most of the interesting teams are in the AFC I guess.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

  8. #88
    The Insane draynay's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    18,767
    The contract they're giving Adams is pretty wild, over $28mil per season for 5 years.
    /s

  9. #89
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    37,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Oh man, you're right. Arizona has a tendency to fall flat on their face at the end of the season, and are losing some key players. San Fran can be sneaky good but hard to pencil them in with their QB room, Green Bay should win plenty of games even without Adams, but now have major needs at WR. Half of the South is stuck in QB limbo, and Dallas has lost Cooper and Gregory now. Most of the interesting teams are in the AFC I guess.
    Heck I still think the Bucs are a team with next to no depth, but at this point who's really in their way? An effectively rookie Trey Lance? The Cardinals who just imploded down the stretch last year? Green Bay who are notorious playoff chokers + now have no WRs (seriously that depth chart is a disaster now)? The NFC East?

    Maybe the Saints if they land Watson could give the Bucs a run for their money, they've done it already in the Brady era. For sure not the Falcons, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    The contract they're giving Adams is pretty wild, over $28mil per season for 5 years.
    Yeah that's why I felt a sign & trade was inevitable. Adams wanted not just a top of the market contract, he wanted a resetting the market contract. Packers couldn't afford 28M for Adams and 50M for Rodgers.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

  10. #90
    Immortal Vetali's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    7,266
    Better sign DK right now or just trade him. WR contracts just gonna keep getting more insane.

  11. #91
    Looking at that Davante contract........that's a spicy meatball.

  12. #92
    Mind if I roll need? xskarma's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Netherlands, EU
    Posts
    27,544
    Don;t think I said it in this thread, but I'll give my way-too-early-hot-take: AFC West are going to beat the hell out of eachother, just absolute bloodbath. Super entertaining but draining for all teams involved, when they have 6 games at that level on top of all the other games. And that's going to leave the door open to another division in the AFC to steal the AFC crown and go to the Superbowl.

    Could be Bengals again, or Bills, or Patriots, whatever. We have a saying in my country that when 2 dogs fight for a bone, the 3rd runs off with it, and that's what I think will happen here. AFC West will be so focused on getting out of their own division that they'll fall prey to one of the other teams in the AFC.

  13. #93
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    15,938
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Yeah that's why I felt a sign & trade was inevitable. Adams wanted not just a top of the market contract, he wanted a resetting the market contract. Packers couldn't afford 28M for Adams and 50M for Rodgers.
    Reports are the Packers offered to match it, but Adams wanted out.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Don;t think I said it in this thread, but I'll give my way-too-early-hot-take: AFC West are going to beat the hell out of eachother, just absolute bloodbath. Super entertaining but draining for all teams involved, when they have 6 games at that level on top of all the other games. And that's going to leave the door open to another division in the AFC to steal the AFC crown and go to the Superbowl.
    My alternative way too early hot take. All four AFCW teams make the playoffs.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

  14. #94
    The Lightbringer ProphetFlume's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,939
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Reports are the Packers offered to match it, but Adams wanted out
    Supposedly Rodgers signed 100% knowing he was leaving

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    My alternative way too early hot take. All four AFCW teams make the playoffs.
    Is that even possible? They all go 3-3 in the division?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

  15. #95
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    15,938
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Supposedly Rodgers signed 100% knowing he was leaving

    - - - Updated - - -



    Is that even possible? They all go 3-3 in the division?
    Nah, you can just take all the wildcard places.

    It almost happened last season, then the Broncos fell off.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

  16. #96
    Good thing Denver gets to play the Jets, Jags and Panthers when the other 3 teams don't get to.

    I'm expecting at least 2 of the AFCW teams to under perform. Happens every year with the Chargers and the other teams are getting hyped up too much.

    I'm not expecting the Raiders to do that well because I have an insanely low opinion of Josh McDaniels, Denver is a question mark for me because of a very inexperienced coaching staff (the keys guys are all 1st time in that position), and the Chargers are the Chargers. The Chiefs just running away with the division is entirely possible.

  17. #97
    The Lightbringer ProphetFlume's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,939
    Yeah adams to the raiders did nothing for me because he’d be the first packers receiver to be effect elsewhere, but seeing that he went to college with Carr means they may have some good chemistry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    That is a lot of money for a WR.
    I'm starting to think an elite WR may be a better investment than QB or RB. The Rams certainly won it all with lackluster QB and RB's, with the MVP going to one of the best WR's in the league.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    My alternative way too early hot take. All four AFCW teams make the playoffs.
    For this to happen, one other division has to be entirely under or at .500, probably.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    For this to happen, one other division has to be entirely under or at .500, probably.
    Good thing the AFCS exists.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •