Ugh, there's a whole bunch of anti-vaxx grifters out there with their shit takes and I might blow a gasket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Hamlin apparently had a gofundme for a toy drive in 2020 that was set up. People found it and at this moment it has 900k donated. Will probably surpass a million tonight. Thought that was a nice thing to see among all this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weird that some of you don't know what an AED is. As a company/public building/sports location over here you must have one (by law) in an easy accessible place. At least 50% of the people know how to operate them or are expected to know how. These thing are lifesavers in situations like tonight or heart attacks.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently the Bills are returning to Buffalo tonight, so this game is probably never being finished now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Well Hamlin apparently had a gofundme for a toy drive in 2020 that was set up. People found it and at this moment it has 900k donated. Will probably surpass a million tonight. Thought that was a nice thing to see among all this.
    These two fanbases have a history of doing stuff like this back and forth in recent years, so not surprised they're doing it again.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    If they want to not affect playoff seeding because of this their best option remains treating it as a win for both teams. Then you've got the 13-3 Bills still in 1st, 13-3 Chiefs still in 2nd, and the 12-4 Bengals still in 3rd.

KC win + BUF loss next week still gets KC the 1st, BUF win still gets them the 1st, and KC and BUF loss + CIN win means all hell breaks lose.

Though I suspect they'll just call the game final when it was postponed in CIN will get the win and BUF will get insult to their injury.
    I think this would be the most fair outcome. Bengals offensively was doing what they do best and the D bended but didn't break.

But again, who wants the number one seed and SB win with this kind of asterisk next to it?

Quote Originally Posted by NotBigzo View Post
    I think this would be the most fair outcome. Bengals offensively was doing what they do best and the D bended but didn't break.

But again, who wants the number one seed and SB win with this kind of asterisk next to it?
    It was just the first quarter and a 4 point game. Hard to say it was a forgone conclusion at that point, but yeah I get that the Bengals were ahead at the time of the delay.

I think the worst outcome will be if the nfl makes them finish or replay the game.
    Last edited by dwightyo39; 2023-01-03 at 05:46 AM.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    It was just the first quarter and a 4 point game. Hard to say it was a forgone conclusion at that point, but yeah I get that the Bengals were ahead at the time of the delay.

I think the worst outcome will be if the nfl makes them finish or replay the game.
    It's listerally all we have to work with here, and something is better than nothing.

It seems worse to completpy disregard that sample size and say "well, it's a tie then".

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post

Yeah if this were after halftime I'd say go ahead and just call it final when it was postponed, but with 3 quarters left?

But definitely worst outcome is for them to come up with some excuse to fly the Bills back to Cincinatti and play the game on like Thursday, then expect both them and the Bengals to be turned around for even a Monday Night game.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    What would the implications be if they just gave them a tie?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Playoff wise? KC would move up to the #1 seed, Bills to the #2.

Anyways, Bills confirm that Hamlin had cardiac arrest on the hit, and had to have his heart restarted on the field via CPR. He's still considered in critical condition.

https://twitter.com/BuffaloBills/sta...66228559052801

If they give them a tie or don't count the game, Chiefs get the #1 seed with a win against raiders and Bills lock in the 2 seed at worse but could still get 1st with a Chiefs loss. Bengals would be 3rd seed regardless.

If they give the Bengals the win, Chiefs still get the #1 seed with a win against raiders, Bengals can get #1 seed with a Chiefs loss and their win, Bills would need both to lose to get #1 seed.

It's unfortunate the game has such heavy playoff implications on it but tbh there is no way to replay it and no team should be given a win for 1 quarter of play so it really just shouldn't count imo.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2023-01-03 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Just saw a tweet as of writing this post, it is now past 3 million.

Money could've been well speant if it went directly to him and his family. He could very well neve play again, wasn't a high draft pick, and was on his rookie contract.

i'd Hate that the $$$ is instead lining some non-profit exec's pocket.
    Last edited by NotBigzo; 2023-01-03 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NotBigzo View Post
    Money could've been well speant if it went directly to him and his family. He could very well neve play again, wasn't a high draft pick, and was on his rookie contract.

i'd Hate that the $$$ is instead lining some non-profit exec's pocket.
    It was a GoFundMe Damar set up himself. The goal was $2500 to purchase toys for kids for Christmas. Like you noted, he was a 6th round draft pick on a rookie contract (only in his second year), so he probably doesn't have his own foundation set up or anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't necessarily have to mean end of career does it? In soccer there are a few players still active who had an cardiac arrest.
    That is if he recovers ofcourse.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Wouldn't necessarily have to mean end of career does it? In soccer there are a few players still active who had an cardiac arrest.
    Depends on how bad it is.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    If they give them a tie or don't count the game, Chiefs get the #1 seed with a win against raiders and Bills lock in the 2 seed at worse but could still get 1st with a Chiefs loss. Bengals would be 3rd seed regardless.

If they give the Bengals the win, Chiefs still get the #1 seed with a win against raiders, Bengals can get #1 seed with a Chiefs loss and their win, Bills would need both to lose to get #1 seed.

It's unfortunate the game has such heavy playoff implications on it but tbh there is no way to replay it and no team should be given a win for 1 quarter of play so it really just shouldn't count imo.
    Proposal:

Declare a tie or no contest, but when the Bengals and Bills inevitably play later in the post season, Bills MUST come to Cincinatti regardless of seeding.
    \
    Cheifs are the losers here because they'd be denied the number one seed unless BUffalo loses to NE. But they lost to BOTH Cincy and Buffalo in the regular season. Fuck em.

Ravens and Pats still get the playoff altering games this sunday.

Bengals lose out the top two seeds, but would still get the advantage over Buffalo they earned in half a quarter of play.

There's really no outcome that doesn't piss off one or more stakeholders. That's the best I got.

I'll be more willing to discuss this further when we get the news that Damar is gonna make it.

I'm supposed to be working right now but can't. Couuldn't sleep at all last night.

Right now, i'm not even sure if i'll look at football the same ever again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming theres no underlying condition and he makes a full recovery, he could play again. There was a hockey player that had something similar happen to him in the 80s or sometime around there. Went on to play 6 more years and became a HOF player.

The insane thing for me is just how routine the play was. I left the TV and went to the bathroom right after the tackle. Came back and saw the medical team huddled around. Had to look at twitter for a replay.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they discover a previously undiagnosed heart condition then that would be enough, but its still too early for these concerns.
    /s

I don't know that the NFL would consider this, but week 17 is Championship week for fantasy football, which has a very very LOT of money involved and helps fuel the popularity of the NFL. On top of that, this game was vital to fantasy football considering the teams involved.

They may not like it, but fantasy football considerations are something that has to be kept in mind when they decide what to do, and just giving each team a tie would not address that concern at all.