Page 94 of 142 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NotBigzo View Post
    Burrow was about to hang 40 on buffalo
    Or he could have flat out sucked in the game and lost. You don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Or he could have flat out sucked in the game and lost. You don't know.
    Everything pointed to Burrow hanging 40 prior to the injury. Buffalo was getting torched.

But that's really aside the point. Everyone got concessions based on what could've happened, except the Bengals.
    Last edited by NotBigzo; 2023-01-06 at 08:24 PM.

Everything pointed to Burrow hanging 40 prior to the injury. Buffalo was getting torched.

But that's really aside the point. Everyone got concessions based on what could've happened, except the Bengals.
    You're right. Just give the Bengals the Lombardi already. No point playing the games since Burrow is just going to "hang 40" every game the rest of the season.
    Last edited by dwightyo39; 2023-01-06 at 08:56 PM.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    You're right. Just give the Bengals the Lombardi already. No point playing the games since Burrow is just going to "hang 40" every game the rest of the season.
    I mean, he already did what you couldn’t do without having OT rules changed to mask past failures (beating Mahones in OT). A Buf-KC game at a neutral location masks that failure even further.
    Last edited by NotBigzo; 2023-01-06 at 09:42 PM.

Oh brother, you are crazy. How many teams have a good first quarter drive then fail to do well after the scripted plays end. You can’t say he was going to hang 40 with fuck all to back it up.

Bengals broke 40 one time this year. Woo. Greatest offensive team evah! Oh. Wait.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2023-01-06 at 10:26 PM.

Burrow was about to hang 40 on buffalo and had a chance to beat them, so why isn't there a coin flip or neutral location clause for a potential Buf-Cin Matchup?

The logic is applied inconsistently across the board and it seems like every impacted team got concession BUT THE BENGALS.

Why are the Bengals the only team that has to soak additional losses for a potential loss, but no additional gains for a potential win?

Why give the the division title in name (and the 1st place schedule and worse draft positioning) when they could lose the benefits of winning the division (at least one home playoff game)?
    The Bills were in control of the #1 seed placement. They've lost that to the Chiefs. We lost something from not playing that game. It's also presumptuous to suggest you were for sure going to win that game. It was 7-3 in the first quarter and both defenses looked shoddy, but the Bills were going to receive the 2nd half kickoff and that might have been all it took to get ahead.

FWIW, I think that since the Bengals are winning the AFC North, they should host the Divisional round, no matter what. That's the whole point of winning the division.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh brother, you are crazy. How many teams have a good first quarter drive then fail to do well after the scripted plays end. You can’t say he was going to hang 40 with fuck all to back it up.

Bengals broke 40 one time this year. Woo. Greatest offensive team evah! Oh. Wait.
    As a team that has had multiple two score+ leads at half time and then shit the bed this season. To assume anything with 5 minutes to go in the first quarter is hopium at its finest.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    As a team that has had multiple two score+ leads at half time and then shit the bed this season. To assume anything with 5 minutes to go in the first quarter is hopium at its finest.
    Hopium is hoping your team wins the game up by 13 with 3 mins left but the Saints failed to do that against the Bucs. And yet we got someone assuming 40 being dropped on the Bills by Burrow when the game is in the first quarter. That isn't hopium but pure delusion.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The Bills were in control of the #1 seed placement. They've lost that to the Chiefs. We lost something from not playing that game. It's also presumptuous to suggest you were for sure going to win that game. It was 7-3 in the first quarter and both defenses looked shoddy, but the Bills were going to receive the 2nd half kickoff and that might have been all it took to get ahead.

FWIW, I think that since the Bengals are winning the AFC North, they should host the Divisional round, no matter what. That's the whole point of winning the division.
    One of the advantages the KC would've had with keeping the number one seed is gone. A BUF-KC matchup has to be played at a neutral location. That's huge, and you know it.

You guys are hyper focusing on the homerism part of that post. What I think was about to happen was irrelevant. The Bengalis winning that game was a possibility, just as much as the Bengals losing. So why no coin flip? Baltimore is getting one to control for the possibility that the Bengals lose the MNF game. I'm just asking for consistency.

- - - Updated - - -

6th in points per game, buddy.

Respectfully, it wasn't a Derek Carr and Josh Mcdaniels led team.
    Last edited by NotBigzo; 2023-01-06 at 10:59 PM.

6th in points per game, buddy.
    26.1 =/= 40, pal.

In the past 5 weeks they broke 28 points, once.

I mean keep digging that hole, I find it amusing.

One of the advantages the KC would've had with keeping the number one seed is gone. A BUF-KC matchup has to be played at a neutral location. That's huge, and you know it.

You guys are hyper focusing on the homerism part of that post. What I think was about to happen was irrelevant. The Bengalis winning that game was a possibility, just as much as the Bengals losing. So why no coin flip? Baltimore is getting one to control for the possibility that the Bengals lose the MNF game. I'm just asking for consistency.
    We've beaten KC twice in KC in the past two years, just not in the playoffs. And let's be frank, if McDermott was a bit more aware of what to do last year in the final :13 seconds, and not had the kicker kick into the endzone for a touchback, and then play soft prevent guarding the sidelines when KC had timeouts and only needed a FG to tie, we would have won in the divisional round too. The only time we lost bad in KC was the AFCCG the year before, and that was Josh's breakout, oh shit he might be for real year. We're not afraid of playing at Arrowhead.

That being said, it's obviously an advantage to play at a neutral site.....but that presumes we would have been playing in KC because we lost to the Bengals. It's also an advantage for KC not to play in Buffalo, because that's what was going to happen if we won against the Bengals/Patriots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bills went from "nothing else matters but a Hamlin in the hospital, so we aren't playing" to "ok well that one seed actually really fucking matters". If a tie couldn't be agreed upon between the two, and Buffalo refuses to finish the game, then the Bills should have taken the high road and forfeited instead of dragging everyone else in. The game should have been played somehow honestly. Bengals did get shafted.

There has also been an increase of players faking injuries for free timeouts with nothing but a slap on the wrist lately. Hopefully, players don't start getting even more darker ideas in the future from this.

Infracted for trolling.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2023-01-07 at 12:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get the fuck outta here with that bullshit
    /s

I'm sure there will be things in place for next year in case this situation happens again but this is uncharted territory, there won't be a clean solution to this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Bills went from "nothing else matters but a Hamlin in the hospital, so we aren't playing" to "ok well that one seed actually really fucking matters". If a tie couldn't be agreed upon between the two, and Buffalo refuses to finish the game, then the Bills should have taken the high road and forfeited instead of dragging everyone else in. The game should have been played somehow honestly. Bengals did get shafted.

There has also been an increase of players faking injuries for free timeouts with nothing but a slap on the wrist lately. Hopefully, players don't start getting even more darker ideas in the future from this.
    A player literally feigning death to force a no contest? Lmao wtf

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    We've beaten KC twice in KC in the past two years, just not in the playoffs. And let's be frank, if McDermott was a bit more aware of what to do last year in the final :13 seconds, and not had the kicker kick into the endzone for a touchback, and then play soft prevent guarding the sidelines when KC had timeouts and only needed a FG to tie, we would have won in the divisional round too. The only time we lost bad in KC was the AFCCG the year before, and that was Josh's breakout, oh shit he might be for real year. We're not afraid of playing at Arrowhead.

That being said, it's obviously an advantage to play at a neutral site.....but that presumes we would have been playing in KC because we lost to the Bengals. It's also an advantage for KC not to play in Buffalo, because that's what was going to happen if we won against the Bengals/Patriots.
    The downplay.

Sir, Allen hasn't won a single postseason game on the road since entering the NFL. Sure, two of the three games were to KC; but the third game was to the TEXANS.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure there will be things in place for next year in case this situation happens again but this is uncharted territory, there won't be a clean solution to this.
    There will be a disincentive from doing the right thing with the precedent set here.

That + a desensitization to situations like this could result in some horrible displays of humanity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post

Infracted for trolling.
    Jessie Bates goes BRRR..

Faking injuries, sure. But feigning death?
    Last edited by NotBigzo; 2023-01-07 at 04:10 PM.

Last weekend of games starts today. Who we all cheering for?

1) Raiders over KC. This one is obvious for me. KC loses, we have a very good shot at the #1 seed tomorrow.
    2) Jacksonville over Tennessee. I have an irrational hatred for the Titans after their fraudulent "reign" as a "good" team. Even though the Bortles-led Jaguars were also frauds, I think Lawrence is the real deal, and I wanted to draft ETN but we missed out on him. Plus they're a fun team and Doug Pederson is fucking great. There's also the minor point that whoever wins this will probably play Baltimore or the Chargers, so I should probably root for the Titans to play the Ravens (to beat them up a bit and hopefully send a still-hurt Lamar through to the divisional round because the Titans would definitely lose in the WC round with Malik Willis under center). But I think I'd almost prefer the Jags to play the Chargers, because I can't see the Titans beating LAC, and the Jags can potentially keep up while still being a weaker divisional round opponent if they squeak through.

I was actually in Nashville to compete in an MK11 tournament a few months back. Wore my Joe Burrow jersey the day before my pool started and hit some bars. I had a lot of sharp looks and snide comments made to me that had me feeling a certain type of way.

That + the fact that the Titans put things in place to prevent Bengals fans from buying tickets for the playoff game has me hoping the Titans never sniff the postseason again.

That + living in Jacksonville FL and seeing first hand the misery fans in Duval county go through; i think they deserve to be a dark horse contender this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feels weird to see everyone else wanting us to win for once.

Brace for a sample of my annual disappointment.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Feels weird to see everyone else wanting us to win for once.

Brace for a sample of my annual disappointment.
    Wanting and expecting are different things, I think we know how this thing is gonna go.
    /s