Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Who is your team drafting with their 1st draft pick?
    Since the Saints have two firsts I'd like them to go Left Tackle and WR but really I'd rather see them trade one of the 1sts to try and get more 2nds to get WRs there.

What I guess might happen is they do something questionable and trade those two firsts to move up for a single player which I'm not a fan of (aka Davenport a few years ago). The thing I'd rather not see is them picking a QB but wouldn't shock me if they do.

I can't say I have any specific players in mind because there are so many

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I can't say I have any specific players in mind because there are so many
    Yeah even the top 5 is not really a certainty this year, let alone everything past 15. Going to be players where we wonder what the HELL a team is doing drafting them and there's going to be players that drop to like the 3rd round where we wonder what the HELL teams are doing not drafting them.

I have a feeling that a guy like Devin LLoyd or Nakobe Dean might even drop to the 2nd round. With Linebacker being less of a priority and there being concerns with both players for some teams, I can totally see it happen.

I did a few mock drafts on the PFF site (they have a very nice mockdraft simulator) and twice out of 5 times I had Jordan Davis drop to the Patriots. I doubt it happens, but it just goes to show that sometimes players fall through the cracks.

Another problem seems to be that apparently a LOT of teams are trying to trade back and almost no teams are trying to trade up. That might lead to weird scenarios too, where a team is stuck making a pick where they don't really want to, but have no choice.

I'd love the Patriots to trade back too this year and pick up extra Top 100 pick(s). I just don't think it will actually happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want one of the top 3 tackles and either Williams or Wilson at receiver. If any of them makes it to 16.

Willis is the only QB of interest to me, in the 1st at least.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Just about 48 hours to the Draft. Let's liven this thread up in preparation.

Grube beat me to the joke but Davonte Adams
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Robbie Anderson? Who is that? Never really heard of him and the Falcons play the Panthers twice a season.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Grube beat me to the joke but Davonte Adams
    Probably a WR... When the rest of the team has more important positions that need filling and the roster looks like swiss cheese.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just about 48 hours to the Draft. Let's liven this thread up in preparation.

For me, the Patriots, I think Andrew Booth, CB from Clemson. Patriots could definitely use outside corners, he's from a well coached school and has the measurables.

What's your guess?
    I'm guessing all the 1st round worthy WRs are gone by the time the Packers are up and they draft a OL instead.

Seems like the Packers might be realizing they're too low for the WRs given their interest in getting the Raiders' TE.

Also for the love of all that is holy PLEASE swing that trade to send Love to the Falcons.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Seems like the Packers might be realizing they're too low for the WRs given their interest in getting the Raiders' TE.
    Their interest is a non starter, and a beat writer trying to make his Madden fantasies happen. They originally wanted pick+Waller for Adams and the Raiders said no before the league reminded them they can't trade a tagged player for another player. Dude has two years left on a very team friendly deal, he'll get his bag next year if they want to keep him, or they'll deal him out then.

10+ Year Old Account
    These online writers and their sad hunt for clicks, saw another one where they would trade for CGM and not even give up one of their firsts. Nothing compared to that fantasy Bears one I made fun of before where for some reason we gave them Thomas and also Lattimore and only got a 3rd down back and some mid round picks.
    /s

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry the Giants declined Daniel Jones' 5th year option?

https://twitter.com/theMMQB/status/1519769351267704832

Are they about to draft a QB tonight? I fail to see why you'd decline it if you had any faith that Jones was going to be your guy past this year, or even tonight.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'm sorry the Giants declined Daniel Jones' 5th year option?

https://twitter.com/theMMQB/status/1519769351267704832

Are they about to draft a QB tonight? I fail to see why you'd decline it if you had any faith that Jones was going to be your guy past this year, or even tonight.
    10 million dollar gamble. If they picked it up he'd be on the team for 23M. If they didn;t pick it up and he impressed he would cost around 33M to tag next year. 10M difference.

So you are right, they are basically gambling that he won;t have enough impact to warrant a franchise tag next year. He's on his last chance now, and maybe not even that if the Giants draft a QB.

So much for Daboll fixing him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alternatively it's a "You want this bag? Play hard next year" incentive to get him to step up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at the Browns and Panthers having to deal with QBs on their year 5 option that they don't even want. The year 5 is guaranteed now as soon as they pick it up so it's a bigger commitment and risk.

- - - Updated - - -

Guess all that Walker #1 buzz wasn't just a smoke show.
    /s

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Thib robbed twice in a row

10+ Year Old Account
    The Lions probably ran a combine 40 record speed to turn this pick in when the Jags whiffed on Aidan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    The Lions probably ran a combine 40 record speed to turn this pick in when the Jags whiffed on Aidan.
    Raiders gonna draft the Lions staffer who turned it in.

They have a real long tunnel they make them go down. Make Roger stand there a while waiting.
    /s

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    @cubby the NFL is committing highway robbery against your boy

I don't mind the Walker pick. Yeah, they need to develop him, but if the Jaguars can't develop him, that's on them, not on him. His upside is crazy.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I don't mind the Walker pick. Yeah, they need to develop him, but if the Jaguars can't develop him, that's on them, not on him. His upside is crazy.
    Why waste time on Walker when you can pick up Thib who's NFL ready

10+ Year Old Account
    There goes my favorite player in this draft, to Houston, bleh.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I forgot it was the draft already until I talked to my neighbor who's a huse Seahawks fan.

1)Him: "Hope Keyvon Thibodeaux gets galaxy-brain dropped to #9"
    2)Thibodeaux drops to 9
    3)Me: Finger on monkey's paw curls
    4)Me: Seahawks draft 3rd best run-stuffing lineman in the Mountain West