Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Found it

I mean ok. Needing to mention him struggling with Washington May have been unnecessary but it’s also the only way you’re going to remember him if the name doesn’t remind you. I thought he just went to Pittsburgh so that didn’t really fit. Otherwise people are in their feelings.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I would bet it was his first draft by saying stuff like “got hit” instead of “was struck” but that’s just flowery editing done to seem like you care more. I would say news is supposed to be just the facts but mentioning Washington seems slanted.
    Dude was drunk out of his mind, with a female, and apparently high on Ketamine though.

Id10t.

- - - Updated - - -

The back end of the bengals schedule though...

Steelers
    Titans
    Cheifs
    Browns
    Bucs
    Patriots
    Bills
    Ravens

JESUS CHRIST

Sources: Colin Kaepernick's workout with Las Vegas Raiders 'positive,' but no deal im

Sources: Colin Kaepernick's workout with Las Vegas Raiders 'positive,' but no deal imminent.

Maybe? Just maybe? The irony here at work?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-deal-imminent

10+ Year Old Account
    Cardinals CB Jeff Gladney reportedly passed away after a car incident last night.

https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/...PePt99LSA&s=19
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fitzmagic officially retired yesterday after playing for I think they said 28% of teams in the NFL?

Honestly forget TV, get this guy an NFL Insider job with the connections he must have.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Fitzmagic officially retired yesterday after playing for I think they said 28% of teams in the NFL?

Honestly forget TV, get this guy an NFL Insider job with the connections he must have.
    He's already in talks with Amazon. I know Amazon airs some TNF games on Prime Video, so maybe he'll be doing that? Might actually tune into a Fitzmagic-commentated TNF game.

Also it looks like he retired as a Bill, it came across the Bills transaction wire yesterday.

10+ Year Old Account

Not only is it Walmart, but the board chair of Starbucks (who also happens to be George Lucas's wife) also. Not sure if this is good or bad, but at least they won't have issues with guarantees on contracts anymore and Joe Ellis is gone. Hopefully they let the football people make the decisions and don't cheap out (given the companies they run, unlikely) so it doesn't end up like certain other franchises.

I didn't think Watson was going to end up being suspended, but it keeps getting worse for him. If Goodell hated him anywhere near as much as Manfred hates Bauer, he would be suspended for a long time by now.
    Last edited by Grube; 2022-06-08 at 03:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Manfred hated all the players so he has a head start.

The Watson stuff was already awful, it keeps getting more and more awful. This is not a man who should represent a franchise or a sport. It bums me out that my team even made a push for him.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    I didn't think Watson was going to end up being suspended, but it keeps getting worse for him. If Goodell hated him anywhere near as much as Manfred hates Bauer, he would be suspended for a long time by now.
    Goodell is the ultimate "Commissioner as a Mouthpiece for the Owners". HE'll do exactly like the majority of the owners want, take any heat for that decision and move on, actual circumstances be damned.

And given how the owners themselves have gotten into trouble for sexual advances on women in clear situations where the power was fully in their corner, I strongly doubt they'll be anywhere near as tough on Watson as they should be, as they don't want to set any precedent where they themselves might be beholden to what they put on Watson right now.

Add to that that this is a situation where the team that signed him just paid him the biggest contract, and teams don't want to see a precedent where players with contracts like that are taken out by the rules, it would not even surprise me if Watson came out of this with a relative slap on the wrist.

The only thing I can imagine is if the AFC North owners band together and try to force the Browns into a bad situation, out of competitive fear. Pretty funny if something we would be loathe to see in any other situation might be what gets the correct job done here.

It's all just bad politics, whichever way this ends up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Donald got a big extension and now Kupp. Rams trying to keep that championship window open.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Donald got a big extension and now Kupp. Rams trying to keep that championship window open.
    Rams proving that picks don't matter and neither does the salary cap. Laughing at the Packers, Chiefs, Titans, and Ravens in the process.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rams proving that picks don't matter and neither does the salary cap. Laughing at the Packers, Chiefs, Titans, and Ravens in the process.
    And Seahawks, who can't even get a contract done with DK after getting rid of Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    And Seahawks, who can't even get a contract done with DK after getting rid of Wilson.
    Yeah I guess some teams don't want to do the auto-voidable years like the Saints and Rams have been doing. Well among them any cap related tricks teams can do.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Goodell is the ultimate "Commissioner as a Mouthpiece for the Owners". HE'll do exactly like the majority of the owners want, take any heat for that decision and move on, actual circumstances be damned.

And given how the owners themselves have gotten into trouble for sexual advances on women in clear situations where the power was fully in their corner, I strongly doubt they'll be anywhere near as tough on Watson as they should be, as they don't want to set any precedent where they themselves might be beholden to what they put on Watson right now.

Add to that that this is a situation where the team that signed him just paid him the biggest contract, and teams don't want to see a precedent where players with contracts like that are taken out by the rules, it would not even surprise me if Watson came out of this with a relative slap on the wrist.

The only thing I can imagine is if the AFC North owners band together and try to force the Browns into a bad situation, out of competitive fear. Pretty funny if something we would be loathe to see in any other situation might be what gets the correct job done here.

It's all just bad politics, whichever way this ends up.
    Won't happen.

It would open the door for the Browns to question the shitheads Pitt, Balt, and CIN have put on the team.

Chris Henry (I'm in the minority of Bengals fans when I say this)
    Big Ben and his past allegedly raping women.
    Ray Rice.
    Joey Porter.
    Various Steeler coaches with off-field issues.
    Ray Lewis
    Earl Thomas
    Marlon Humphrey and his DV allegations.
    Joe Mixion (people forget he decked ol girl in the face at OU)
    Pacman Jones.
    Last edited by NotBigzo; 2022-06-10 at 03:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chancellor? You mean Earl Thomas? And he wasn't a known shithead until he went off the rails then the Ravens released him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Falcons gotta be feeling like “it could’ve been worse” right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Falcons gotta be feeling like “it could’ve been worse” right now.
    They might be the luckiest team of the offseason, seriously.

Dean Spanos is being sued by his sister. The most surprising thing to me about this is their parents named them Dean and Dea.

They might be the luckiest team of the offseason, seriously.
    Over 100 million in cap space next season. They could rebuild in a year's time from now for real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NotBigzo View Post
    Over 100 million in cap space next season. They could rebuild in a year's time from now for real.
    Yeah. Tons of cap space, managed to split with Matt Ryan amicably, managed to last-second dodge the Watson bullet, and Ridder's apparently not looked bad in practice so far.

If Ridder ends up being a hit for them then with all that cap space yeah they could be rebuilt by next year already.