To piggyback, in a passing offense like the Rams, RBs and TEs are there to chip block, help with blitzers, and then leak out for check downs. 11 personnel is the conservative end of the "pass heavy" sets. The only more conservative offense you'd see on the Rams is 12 personnel.

22 personnel, 23 personnel are all run-heavy fits that teams like the Rams (and for that matter the Bills) don't often use except in very niche situations. Yeah, conceivably they could have pass-blocked better in those sets, but those are 1-2 WR sets, so your passing game is reduced to short stuff and checkdowns/screens, because with only 1 WR on the field teams can free up safeties to cheat down to the LOS. The Bills actually used a 12 personnel set in the red zone to bait the Rams into exactly that - they pulled everyone left, including both TEs, play actioned the back left, drawing most of the LBs left; then Allen bootlegged right, and they had to play the run on the bootleg, so Jalen Ramsey and another CB bit, and Gabe Davis was wide open for the TD on a floater over the run-playing CBs.

I only mentioned the 11 personnel in the first place because when you're not blitzing, and only rushing 4, with 5 OL and an in-line TE plus an RB in the backfield, you shouldn't get 7 sacks. But the Bills 4 DLmen were bodying the Rams offensive line all day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiders lock up Waller to a new deal, an extra 5 mil a year over his next two years, with a further three years added on all non guaranteed.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    11 personnel is 1 back, 1 TE, 3 WRs on the field. XY personnel just refers to how many backs/TEs are on the field.

23 personnel would be 2 backs, 3 TEs. 12 personnel is 1 back, 2 TEs, 2 WRs. Etc.
    Oh yeah...duh. Not sure what I was thinking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Four turnovers, and you still win with 31 points. Shit's scary.
    Means the other team did not play well or sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Real football. LFG

- - - Updated - - -

How the hell that wasn;t pass interference on the defense is beyond me. They were draped all over the receiver before the ball was even close.

Eitherway, INT Miami.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah week 1. The Steelers continue to be stubborn, the Super Bowl Hangover continues to be real, and the Jags continue to suck, the Bears still suck.

After an offseason of storylines it all returns back to where it always is.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Burrow has as many picks as Fields, Goff and Lance each have completions right now. Not sure which part of that is worse.

Saints with -5 passing yards after sacks are taken away. If not for a big run from Taysom this would be much worse.

What a nice relaxing day sitting around watching the other teams in my division struggle against other mediocre competition (in one case, each other).

I literally cackled at that first Tua pass that landed in the middle of nowhere.

15+ Year Old Account
    I do enjoy the first few weeks of the season when nothing makes any fucking sense.

I guess games are no longer watchable for free on the app. App now worthless. Back to extralegal streaming
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2022-09-11 at 06:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though they've just scored, I still see the Bears being the worst team in the league.

49ers running backs already getting hurt, season has officially started.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Even though they've just scored, I still see the Bears being the worst team in the league.
    Going to be a race to the bottom between them and the NJ teams, and the Jags are going to suck still.

Saints also look horrible against the Falcons, which have one of the worst rosters.
    Last edited by Grube; 2022-09-11 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    I guess games are no longer watchable for free on the app. App now worthless. Back to extralegal streaming
    I do love that in 2022 the only way to legally watch your team live is having fucking Directv. Can't wait til next year on that whole mess.

- - - Updated - - -

What's going on with Burrow? 5 turnovers? Damn

- - - Updated - - -

FINALLY the Saints come to life in the 4th quarter. Michael Thomas showing up big. Though that two point play was horrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still don't know what the Niners think they see in Lance to let Jimmy G go to waste.

10+ Year Old Account
    This Steelers-Bengals game is wild. Bengals tied with a TD with 2 seconds left, Steelers block the extra point cause the Bengals have a back up Long Snapper in due to injury, which meant the snap was just a tick slow giving Fitzpatrick the chance to get just a touch on the ball.

Steelers win the toss.

Whew. The Saints storm back in the 4th and then it gets wild right at the end as Lattimore gets 2 penalties to keep the Falcons in the game. That 2nd penalty was just a cheap shot and so it gives the Falcons a chance to win with a 63 yarder that is blocked. Saints win 27-26

10+ Year Old Account
    Really ugly win for the Saints, some stupid clock management gave the Falcons a chance to make a kick at the end when the Saints could've let it run before their own kick.
    /s

Terrible QB play in the first 3 quarters, then defenses blowing it in the 4th in most of the early games. Sounds like week 1.

15+ Year Old Account
    Falcons gonna falcon
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bengals game is gruesome.
    /s

Some exciting endings this week so far, even in some games that were laughers to start

- - - Updated - - -

Can we get TWO 20-20 ties in the first week?
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis