Page 50 of 142 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I feel like with an injury like that, he should be kept overnight for observation at the very least. Send the jet up to Cincy, Ross, you cheap fuck.
    I assume hes been cleared from any type of swelling and bleeding that would typically be of concern with an injury like that. Its fine for him to travel back if thats the case. Though if I was the team I would've made him stay. They are in even deeper deep shit now and any negative PR is adding on it. Allowing Tua to even play this game is absurd. He was concussed Sunday, no question about it. Now hes had two serious brain injuries in the past week.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way he held his fingers was quite concerning

This is a Miami Dolphins issue, not an NFL one.

Time and time again the Miami Dolphins have demonstrated that they're willing to do whatever it takes to win, even if it means doing some really messed up things. Let's review:

1.They deliberately tried to tank the 2020-2021 season so they could draft Burrow. This is fact. Fight me on this, but the investigation earlier this year essentially confirmed this.

2. They tampered with Tom Brady and Sean Peyton to get a leg up ahead, and when Brian Flores refused to participate, it unfairly contributed to his ouster in Miami.

3. And now they probably knowingly put Tua on a field when he showed signs of neurological damage 5 days earlier.

All in the name of winning.

It's not just a Stephen Ross issue. It's something that's rotting at the very core of the Dolphins organization, and it won't be erased until everyone in the top brass is removed.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even if it is a decision that started and ended with the Dolphins, it still reflects poorly on the NFL because the NFL not only trusted Miami's decision but also has in 2/3 of those cases has gone out on a limb to defend Miami from investigation.

And, honestly, we have to bring up the Washington in the room when talking about the NFL's defense of Miami. Because clearly defending problem organizations is not just a Miami issue for the NFL; the NBA would have ousted Snyder years ago and would probably be rumbling about ousting Ross now.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NotBigzo View Post
    This is a Miami Dolphins issue, not an NFL one.
    Even if everything you say about the Dolphins is true, the NFL's independent consultants kept clearing Tua. If he kept passing the protocols then the protocols aren't for shit and the NFL still has its own problems to deal with.
    /s

I think the problem here is this: 1) if there's gross motor function impairment like Tua displayed on Sunday, he's supposed to be a "no-go" to return, and he enters the concussion protocol.......unless 2) there's a determination that the impairment came from non-neurological sources.

In this case, it seems:
    A) Tua insisted that the stumble came from a back spasm, which he incurred earlier in the game (but wasn't treated for). The problem with this is that there was no indication the back issue was serious enough to cause the stumble, Tua was shaking his head like he was clearing cobwebs (another neurological sign), and regularly put his hands to his forehead as he was walking in that sequence......not on his back, or his ankle. He seemed disoriented and his teammates literally stopped him from walking back into the huddle.
    B) The doctors seemed to accept that declaration by Tua that the stumble came from a back spasm.
    C) Tua also seemed like he passed the cognitive questioning portion of the protocol, which is i) not determinative of not having a concussion, ii) often passed by concussion-sufferers who don't display immediate symptoms after initial stumbles. Your cognitive functions can be fairly clear in the initial hours after a concussion.

If all that's true, there's a serious flaw in the system where the doctors should have insisted Tua's claims were not determinative of what caused him to stumble. It seems like they basically took his word for it, and cleared him based on that and passing the questioning portion.

10+ Year Old Account
    People deal with pain in different ways, but my back spasms cause me to lock up. Not stumble.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    People deal with pain in different ways, but my back spasms cause me to lock up. Not stumble.
    Sadly the difference between You and me and NFL players is they will just fill them full of painkillers and muscle relaxers and go play. I wonder how long until they make certain positions or even the whole team wear those padded helmets like they did in pre-season to cut down on the concussions during the regular season.

That Tua injury was bad honestly. Something did not connect right there from the brain to the hands for a few seconds. After something like that, I would be really thinking about just going home to the family and forget football. I for one would not blame him one bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    First head to roll, the NFLPA terminated the independent doctor that cleared Tua.
    /s

The article says he was fired for "several mistakes" in his evaluation of Tua.

My questions:
    1) Did the Miami doctor collude with/coerce this UNC to make those mistakes?
    2) Was it a genuine mistake, or was it an intentional handwaving of protocols for a star player?

10+ Year Old Account
    Its just the NFL tryin to cover its ass. They also paged Antonio Brown and told him to do something stupid in front of a camera as a distraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Its just the NFL tryin to cover its ass. They also paged Antonio Brown and told him to do something stupid in front of a camera as a distraction.
    Ask and you shall recieve

https://thespun.com/nfl/nfl-world-re...io-brown-video

In about 8 hours this happens. Do you really think the NFL pays Antonio to do this sort of thing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The article says he was fired for "several mistakes" in his evaluation of Tua.

My questions:
    1) Did the Miami doctor collude with/coerce this UNC to make those mistakes?
    2) Was it a genuine mistake, or was it an intentional handwaving of protocols for a star player?

There is that age-old quote that goes something like "There is a reason why they call what doctors do a "practice". When things like this pop up it always reminds me of that scene in "Any Given Sunday". Where the doctors just say to give the player a dose of painkillers and the intern is like no way... Would not surprise me if players get cleared by doctors that are pressured by the player, coaches, or owners to just do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Ask and you shall recieve

https://thespun.com/nfl/nfl-world-re...io-brown-video

In about 8 hours this happens. Do you really think the NFL pays Antonio to do this sort of thing?
    No, but it wouldn't shock me if somehow it was. And the NFL throwing a deer in front of Myles Garrett

10+ Year Old Account
    The bad officiating is so tired at this point, I don't want to talk about it all the time but it never goes away. Another 4th quarter gift TD when they call two phantom penalties on 3rd down. I really lose heart with this sport.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    The bad officiating is so tired at this point, I don't want to talk about it all the time but it never goes away. Another 4th quarter gift TD when they call two phantom penalties on 3rd down. I really lose heart with this sport.
    The officiating has pissed me off for years. Get some better trained refs. Full time refs. Stop having old/slow refs with apparently god awful eyesight trying to make calls.

Vikings were just gifted 6 points with a 'hands to the face' penalty when clearly it was shoulder pads being pushed and then 'defensive pass interference' when the vikings player is grabbing the face mask of the defender and turning his head. Like really?

- - - Updated - - -

Big time 60 yard kick to tie the game

10+ Year Old Account
    These commentators need shooting.

Yes, English people like football. No you don't need to act like we get a hard on every time someone kicks a field goal. We do like seeing touchdowns too.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Ah damn 61 yard kick just missed to send it to OT. Hard to beat a team when the refs gift them 6 points. I will say though Dalton should be the starting QB for the rest of the season, he played really well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    These commentators need shooting.
    On top of that the shitty jokes from Sanchez were just brutal.

10+ Year Old Account
    The sound effects for their graphics were annoying too, just a really awful broadcast.
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    At least London got a nailbiter to the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least Dennis Allen won't be fired on the flight back across the Atlantic this time.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.