Kingsbury canned. Giving him an extension was questionable, but the Cardinals aren't exactly known for being a well ran team.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Kingsbury canned. Giving him an extension was questionable, but the Cardinals aren't exactly known for being a well ran team.
    Also Keim confirmed he is going to be stepping away permanently because of his health issues that kept him away from the team part of this year. So whether it was nudging from ownership or not, it's a clean slate in Arizona.

Now question is what do the new team think of the QB there.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Also Keim confirmed he is going to be stepping away permanently because of his health issues that kept him away from the team part of this year. So whether it was nudging from ownership or not, it's a clean slate in Arizona.

Now question is what do the new team think of the QB there.
    Considering Murray just signed an extension there's no point bringing in new people unless they're in on him.
    /s

As a Bills fan this season has felt very off to me before it started. All the pre season and early season hype for the Bills is something I am neither accustomed to or comfortable with.

They looked like a juggernaut early in the season in spite of injuries that began piling up. Then they hit their standard issue November slump, that was topped off with their super high paid free agent savior, Von Miller, tearing his ACL.

For a few months the Bills have been winning ugly/close games, yet still winning. If it wasnt for an utterly inexplicable goal line fumbled snap vs the Vikings they would have home field throughout the playoffs.

The Bengals game was set to be huge but ended with tragedy. I do feel like the Bengals got the worst end of the deal. At the same time it felt like the world quickly moved on from being glad Damar was alive to "Burrow would have hung 40 on the Bills" and the world is out to get Cincinnati.

Also, I find it sadly Ironic that the Bills have never been on tv as much as they have this season (in my out of market area) yet almost all of those games fell on days/nights I had to work (rotating shift work).

I think the surprisingly high level of negativity on the Bills forums throughout the season has worn on me too. I've never seen fans so down on a 13-3 still in the hunt team.

So I should be excited for the post season, but instead just feel rather meh. Of course I'd be stoked to see them finally win a superbowl.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Bills open as an 8 point favorite on Miami. Sounds like Vegas doesn't think Tua is going to play. And those guys seems to know these things.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    I’ve been on the “Bryce Young is hugely overrated” train for a while though.
    No idea about Bryce Young, but CJ Shroud is getting massively over hyped. Happens with QBs every year for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    No idea about Bryce Young, but CJ Shroud is getting massively over hyped. Happens with QBs every year for some reason.
    The NFL couldn't handle another draft with no QB going until Round 3. Had to find somebody to inflate for the Texans to swing and miss on.

- - - Updated - - -

Packers really gonna try and run this year's team back and expect a different result, huh.

"That's what I anticipate, yes," Matt LaFleur said. "I don't really aniticpate a whole lot, if any, staff changes."
    https://twitter.com/RobDemovsky/stat...89326176784385

Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    CJ Stroud at least looks the part, but yeah OSU has a history of guys with video game stats that don't necessarily translate to the NFL.
    CJ Stroud can't score on a college team using the Ravens defense. All while he has future NFL players on his OL and all over his WR corp going against a defense that had maybe 2 future NFL players in the secondary. What's he gonna do on NFL teams using it? The team that drafts him is suckers.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2023-01-10 at 02:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Commanders are jettisoning their OC, which means Rivera is probably safe.

Makes sense, doubt they want to saddle the inevitable new owner with a 1st year coach they can't really fire without losing their reputation on the coaching market.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiders aren't firing anyone.

They should, but they aren't.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Raiders aren't firing anyone.

They should, but they aren't.
    Welcome to the club. Really feels like after years of seeing 1/4 of the league turn over coaches every year we're down to the same teams every year.

Probably a byproduct of I was trying to make some guesses at who gets hired where and realized the league's kinda burned through that entire crop of 30/40-some year old Wonderkind OCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Makes sense, doubt they want to saddle the inevitable new owner with a 1st year coach they can't really fire without losing their reputation on the coaching market.
    Broncos did that, and they also gave a massive contract to a bad, aging QB that runs into sacks and can't throw within 20 yards of the LOS. Will have to see how much it hurts with the coaching market, but doesn't seem like it will be too much of an issue. Just need to pay them a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Broncos did that, and they also gave a massive contract to a bad, aging QB that runs into sacks and can't throw within 20 yards of the LOS. Will have to see how much it hurts with the coaching market, but doesn't seem like it will be too much of an issue. Just need to pay them a lot.
    At least Denver's got a "reputation of winning" even if that hasn't been true except for those few years with Manning. All Washington's got is a reputation of dysfunction. They one and done a coach and watch how fast we talk about them like we're talking about the Texans.

I feel very meh about the playoffs. If Tua isn't playing, we should probably beat the Dolphins, but we'll struggle and make it look hard, and then I think we probably get bodied hard by the Bengals in the divisionals. Even if we squeak out the win because of home field, then we go to a neutral site for KC (unless the unthinkable happens and Jags/Chargers win against KC).

Our best case scenario is somehow Ravens beating Bengals, Jags beating Chargers, and we get the Jags at home and maybe the Ravens continue an improbable run by beating KC.

Even then, a Lamar-led Ravens is nothing to scoff at.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I feel very meh about the playoffs. If Tua isn't playing, we should probably beat the Dolphins, but we'll struggle and make it look hard, and then I think we probably get bodied hard by the Bengals in the divisionals. Even if we squeak out the win because of home field, then we go to a neutral site for KC (unless the unthinkable happens and Jags/Chargers win against KC).

Our best case scenario is somehow Ravens beating Bengals, Jags beating Chargers, and we get the Jags at home and maybe the Ravens continue an improbable run by beating KC.

Even then, a Lamar-led Ravens is nothing to scoff at.
    The bills fans on here are starting to sound like patriots fans from 5 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    The bills fans on here are starting to sound like patriots fans from 5 years ago.
    Our defense has been decimated by injury, even before our backup safety had a literal heart attack on the field, and our offense has been lackluster. Pats offense outscored our offense last week, the difference were two kickoff returns for TDs. And I don't think we really even sat on a lead.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Our defense has been decimated by injury, even before our backup safety had a literal heart attack on the field, and our offense has been lackluster. Pats offense outscored our offense last week, the difference were two kickoff returns for TDs. And I don't think we really even sat on a lead.
    So basically you won, but not by enough, classic pats fan. Keep in mind without those two returns the Bills would have had two more possessions. If Josh Allen stops throwing horrible interceptions the bills are the obvious favorites and the best team in the NFL by a pretty wide margin, even with a banged-up defense.

He should've beat Georgia though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scouts had to practically skip talking about QBs for a year since the last draft class was so uninspiring, I'm sure they're making up for lost time now.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    So basically you won, but not by enough, classic pats fan. Keep in mind without those two returns the Bills would have had two more possessions. If Josh Allen stops throwing horrible interceptions the bills are the obvious favorites and the best team in the NFL by a pretty wide margin, even with a banged-up defense.
    On reddit, people shit all over you if you have the nerve to say anything negative about anyone on any team that isn't your favorite team (which you're required to apply a flair for, otherwise they just hate you for everything). I guess here, it's the opposite and you're not allowed to criticize your favorite team.