Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Our defense has been decimated by injury, even before our backup safety had a literal heart attack on the field, and our offense has been lackluster. Pats offense outscored our offense last week, the difference were two kickoff returns for TDs. And I don't think we really even sat on a lead.
    So basically you won, but not by enough, classic pats fan. Keep in mind without those two returns the Bills would have had two more possessions. If Josh Allen stops throwing horrible interceptions the bills are the obvious favorites and the best team in the NFL by a pretty wide margin, even with a banged-up defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    No idea about Bryce Young, but CJ Shroud is getting massively over hyped. Happens with QBs every year for some reason.
    He should've beat Georgia though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scouts had to practically skip talking about QBs for a year since the last draft class was so uninspiring, I'm sure they're making up for lost time now.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    So basically you won, but not by enough, classic pats fan. Keep in mind without those two returns the Bills would have had two more possessions. If Josh Allen stops throwing horrible interceptions the bills are the obvious favorites and the best team in the NFL by a pretty wide margin, even with a banged-up defense.
    On reddit, people shit all over you if you have the nerve to say anything negative about anyone on any team that isn't your favorite team (which you're required to apply a flair for, otherwise they just hate you for everything). I guess here, it's the opposite and you're not allowed to criticize your favorite team.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    On reddit, people shit all over you if you have the nerve to say anything negative about anyone on any team that isn't your favorite team (which you're required to apply a flair for, otherwise they just hate you for everything). I guess here, it's the opposite and you're not allowed to criticize your favorite team.
    Difference between criticizing and acting like they’re not the best or second best team in the league, injuries and all. I wouldn’t put money on anyone beating them except kc, and maaaaybe niners if they get that far.

(Speaking of niners holy shit you should see how much hate they have for shanahan. It’s unbelievable.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Scouts had to practically skip talking about QBs for a year since the last draft class was so uninspiring, I'm sure they're making up for lost time now.
    Feels to me like they're trying really hard to not skip another year.

Though the more they try the more I feel like they should.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

If it wasn't already obvious, Derek Carr confirmed he won't be a Raider anymore. I wonder which left handed, terrible throwing QB McDaniels trades back into the 1st round for this time around.

The best ones are the Bears fans that think Fields is a good passer and just reply it's everyone else's fault and people that think he isn't good have never seen him play.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it wasn't already obvious, Derek Carr confirmed he won't be a Raider anymore. I wonder which left handed, terrible throwing QB McDaniels trades back into the 1st round for this time around.
    Starting next year for the New York Jets.

10+ Year Old Account

The best ones are the Bears fans that think Fields is a good passer and just reply it's everyone else's fault and people that think he isn't good have never seen him play.
    It's Jalen Hurts at Alabama all over again. People just look at the stats and claimed he was Heisman worthy. But anyone who actually saw him play knew he was nowhere near good enough.

It's Jalen Hurts at Alabama all over again. People just look at the stats and claimed he was Heisman worthy. But anyone who actually saw him play knew he was nowhere near good enough.
    This comparison would probably work better if Hurts wasn't an MVP candidate this year.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    This comparison would probably work better if Hurts wasn't an MVP candidate this year.
    Plus he seemed forgettable until this season, which is one more season than Fields.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's gonna throw a boat load of money at Tom Brady to play instead, making me feel filthy and awful. Then knowing the Raiders' luck it'll finally be the season where age catches up to him and he can't do it anymore.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    He's gonna throw a boat load of money at Tom Brady to play instead, making me feel filthy and awful. Then knowing the Raiders' luck it'll finally be the season where age catches up to him and he can't do it anymore.
    Brady is going to have to play another year or two. I think I saw a story on how his bitcoin investment cost him all his money.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Not sure why he would want to go to the Raiders, they don't have a really good defense to carry him to the playoffs like the Bucs do this year. Plus the Chiefs exist, he ran away when the Bills finally became good again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah only way Brady or even Rodgers play again is if its for an immediate contender. Rodgers is much more complicated due to his contract situation. Thing is most contenders, at least currently are pretty squared away at QB or married to them if you are the Broncos.

Interesting thing would be the Seahawks. I fully expect Geno Smith to get massively paid by some NFC south shithole team. Pete Carroll tried to push hard (too hard according to some people) for Peyton Manning before he went to the Broncos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell has frozen over. Officially.

Patriots announced through team press bulletin, that they are in talks with jerod Mayo to extend him for the long term and, more importantly, that they are starting interviews for a new Offensive Coordinator next week.

We didn;t officially HAVE an OC after McDaniels left, with Matt Patricia and Joe Judge handling things between them, so they are almost certainly being reassigned elsewhere, and with some luck, not on offense.

But Belichick going as far as actually OFFICIALLY announcing plans like this must mean Kraft intervened and told him they need to make this public, cause there was HUGE backlash among the fanbase over how the offensive staff was handled last year and there could be no uncertainty about changes being made.

Now the question becomes "who", which is one of the more fascinating things that will happen this offseason. Names like Bill O'Brien and Kingsbury have been thrown around, since both have variying degrees of past experience on the Patriots, but to me, the most interesting thing would be if BB goes young and relatively unknown, instead of pulling from the same well he's pulled from the last couple of years (which was mostly to bring back old cronies).

In the end I don't care WHO it is, just as long as it;s someone that can develop players and has a good understanding of game plans and playbook usage. Cause this season was the worst to just watch this offense be largely incompetent and prone to mental errors and just incredibly dumb play calling that was then also badly executed.

Anything to just not have a repeat of this season on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    snip.
    Crazy take: Dolphins get annihilated by the Bills, Dolphins fire Mike McDaniel and pick up Sean Payton and Tom Brady. McDaniel gets hired by the Patriots. They have a pretty decent track record with guys named McDaniels and McDaniel is close enough.

Real Take: It's going to be Bill O'Brien. The Patriots' offense was elite when he was the OC and most people seem to think he wants the job for both professional and personal reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    McVay is returning next year, putting to bed one of the sillier stories of the last few weeks.

Brandon Staley did a wonderful job of fucking his team last week playing starters in a meaningless game. Mike Williams out for weeks. So if the Chargers lose I really hope that ownership group fires him so it drives up the price of Sean Payton so the Saints can get even more draft picks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    McVay is returning next year, putting to bed one of the sillier stories of the last few weeks.
    After intense baseless speculation by reporters about mcvay leaving, reporters have confirmed mcvay will not be leaving. *checks off 2 days of news coverage*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Brandon Staley did a wonderful job of fucking his team last week playing starters in a meaningless game. Mike Williams out for weeks. So if the Chargers lose I really hope that ownership group fires him so it drives up the price of Sean Payton so the Saints can get even more draft picks.
    Meh players can get hurt just in practice, and sitting starters in final season games doesn’t result in wins the next week much either.