The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Denver with a bad team and no picks ever again between Wilson and Payton.

Yep, they are gonna suck for a long time.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Denver with a bad team and no picks ever again between Wilson and Payton.

Yep, they are gonna suck for a long time.
    Yeah, I hate this hire. Sean Payton is massively overrated and still stuck with Wilson and probably George Paton if firing him isn't part of Payton agreeing to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Yeah, I hate this hire. Sean Payton is massively overrated and still stuck with Wilson and probably George Paton if firing him isn't part of Payton agreeing to it.
    I'd be fine with the hire, but not giving up a 1st and a 2nd for him. Especially after the Wilson trade.

If these guys aren't Prime Payton-Brees good, then Denver is going to be a bottom feeder team for the next 3-5 years.

I’m glad as a Saints fan they got a first and a future second for Payton and a future 4th. I really don’t know why he’d want to go to the Broncos but more power to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I’m glad as a Saints fan they got a first and a future second for Payton and a future 4th. I really don’t know why he’d want to go to the Broncos but more power to him.
    $$$$$$

They might have gave him a guarantee of sticking around after they figure out Wilson is toast too.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's about as good a compensation as I expected, late first and a trade-up isn't bad, and he's out of the conference. Just about the best case scenario since nobody was gonna really overpay for him.
    /s

$$$$$$

They might have gave him a guarantee of sticking around after they figure out Wilson is toast too.
    I can believe that, 25mil+ wouldn't shock me and having a plan to draft a replacement for Wilson in a year or two on top of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Schefter reporting Saints and Broncos are finalizing a trade for Sean Peyton as HC in Denver.

- - - Updated - - -

Rumored compensation:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...31742238195712

"Denver and the Saints have been discussing two potential packages for Sean Payton:

1. Denver’s 2023 first-round pick and next year’s second-round pick for Payton and the Saints’ 2024 third.

2. Denver’s 2024 first-round pick and its 2023 fourth.

Saints choice."
    Denver has a first round this year? I thought that went to Seattle?
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Denver has a first round this year? I thought that went to Seattle?
    Got the 49ers 1st round pick for Bradley Chubb from the Dolphins. Still not sure why the Dolphins thought that was a good idea.

Got the 49ers 1st round pick for Bradley Chubb from the Dolphins. Still not sure why the Dolphins thought that was a good idea.
    I mean he was playing pretty well til he got hurt, but yeah a 1st for him was pretty stiff payment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh it's the like.... 29th pick.

That's not as bad as I thought it was their normal slotted pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    That's not as bad as I thought it was their normal slotted pick.
    No, that's in Seattle for the Wilson trade. Broncos really outdone the Rams with their pick bonanza, but their results from it are not a Superbowl win.

(at least not yet, and probably not next season either)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    No, that's in Seattle for the Wilson trade. Broncos really outdone the Rams with their pick bonanza, but their results from it are not a Superbowl win.

(at least not yet, and probably not next season either)
    If they were looking to mirror the Rams, the monkey's paw really nailed 'em this time with matching 5-12 records.
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    Brady retires "for good"? We'll see...which team wants to shove a bunch of money in his face for a 1-2 year half-assed run at a Superbowl.

Also, with all the coaching news is Bieniemy going to snubbed again for a head coaching position? He's been with the Chief's organization since 2013, and OC since 2018. Hell, now they're even talking about him just moving to another team to be an OC? WTF is going on? Is he just that horrid of an interview?
    Last edited by Gracin; 2023-02-01 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    Brady retires "for good"? We'll see...which team wants to shove a bunch of money in his face for a 1-2 year half-assed run at a Superbowl.

Also, with all the coaching news is Bieniemy going to snubbed again for a head coaching position? He's been with the Chief's organization since 2013, and OC since 2018. Hell, now they're even talking about him just moving to another team to be an OC? WTF is going on? Is he just that horrid of an interview?
    Never say never, but I just have a gut feeling he will retire for good this time. He's 45, and he's not willing to stay in the pocket to make throws when he knows he is going to get lit up. I don't blame him, though. Hell of a career, and most of his records will go untouched.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion777 View Post
    Never say never, but I just have a gut feeling he will retire for good this time. He's 45, and he's not willing to stay in the pocket to make throws when he knows he is going to get lit up. I don't blame him, though. Hell of a career, and most of his records will go untouched.
    Yea, as much as I despise him he was one helluva QB. I honestly think it would be amusing for the 49rs to make him an offer. That would close out the story of him being a Niner's fan growing up, and then the rumors he wanted to go there after his time in NE was up. As a bonus that would give Lance/Purdy a chance to gain experience from a QB who's been playing in the NFL for as long as they are old.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    Everyone knows Andy Reid runs the offense, and Bieniemy doesn't exactly have the best history other places. Plus, he has had off the field problems in the past. Even if he is just an average interviewee, there are enough reasons to not hire him.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion777 View Post
    If Mahomes stays healthy he might break a lot of Brady's records with a significantly shorter career just based on how much easier the game is for pass happy offenses in this current era. I don't think anyone else will get to 7 Super Bowl wins though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    If Mahomes stays healthy he might break a lot of Brady's records with a significantly shorter career just based on how much easier the game is for pass happy offenses in this current era. I don't think anyone else will get to 7 Super Bowl wins though.
    Obviously it depends on them staying healthy, but I think we are in an era of quarterbacks that will chase if not go beyond Brady's records(excluding the 7 rings). Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, and Herbert all show great promise having great careers ahead of them.

And as a Chiefs faithful, I look forward to seeing how Mahomes keeps developing and maybe nabs KC 8 rings total. The only caveat to that is that maybe someone will ship Jackson off to Antarctica to never be heard from again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brady's records for winning, especially in the playoffs, will stand a long, long time. His records for total yardage and TDs and so on? those are definitely going to get broken by the Mahomes/Burrow generation.

Brady's numbers in that regard are pedestrian for the first 6 years he started. It wasn't till the 2007 superteam that his offensive numbers started to explode. Crazy to believe now, but back before the 2007 season and even when he got hurt the year after, there was serious discourse that Brady just wasn't that good, and that 2007 was a fluke and that he was mostly a product of the system he was in. Good but not great. A system QB.

And yeah, people got over that belief eventually but for a QB like Mahomes who's basically been on an offenssive juggernaut since he started in year 2, he could put Brady's numbers for yards and TDs to shame if he plays a decently long career.