10+ Year Old Account

A 10.0 Battle Pets suggestion

Good night, dear friends & pet battles lovers.

Here is something I was thinking about recently. I've decided to write it down and send to @WarcraftDevs via Twitter as well.

Next expansion update: Pet Battles

Leveling: you can now level all your active battle pets to the maximum level of 30, up from 25.

NEW: Battle Pet socketing

Upon reaching pet level 30, you can use one of six types of sockets on battle pets. Effect is permanent, however you can change your socket any time, destroying the previous one. Only one socket works on any battle pet at a time.

Socket types and colors:

Red = +40 power
    Blue = +160 health
    Yellow = +40 speed
    Green = +20 speed, +80 health
    Orange = +20 power, + 20 speed
    Purple = +20 power, +80 health

Adding socket to battle pet changes its quality to Epic.

Sockets can be sold for Polished Pet Charms, given for completing pet battle dungeons, etc.
    Of course, socket values can be negotiated and properly adjusted for the sake of balance.
    Also, logic wise, they can be named "power leashes" or "pet medallions".
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2022-03-14 at 11:27 PM.

Interesting idea, but how would this improve on the system we currently have? Increasing levelcap most likely won't change anything because NPC battles will still scale up to your level anyways. My idea would to implement some kind of ascension tier, ohhh or the potential to evolve them because lets be honest, some pets are garbage. Dev's could introduce an item that can change your pets nature so its more speedy instead of beefy, and that some pets have their stats hard-locked and could be overwritten.

Maybe you can include prismatic gems - which increases all 3 of the pet stats - or different qualities on each gem (uncommon, rare, and epic).

I would not be opposed to introducing Epic-quality pets in the Pet battle scene, either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    Leveling: you can now level all your active battle pets to the maximum level of 30, up from 25.
    NO!!!! SIMPLY NO!!!

I am NOT levelling 1459 unique pets, an additional 5 levels! It will not happen.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

As long as you can buy everything with the same old pet battle charms, I have 160k and haven't really done a single pet battle for two xpacs except for catching pets and eventually to complete an emissary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathrezz View Post
    Interesting idea, but how would this improve on the system we currently have? Increasing levelcap most likely won't change anything because NPC battles will still scale up to your level anyways. My idea would to implement some kind of ascension tier, ohhh or the potential to evolve them because lets be honest, some pets are garbage. Dev's could introduce an item that can change your pets nature so its more speedy instead of beefy, and that some pets have their stats hard-locked and could be overwritten.
    So...

make it even more like Pokemon?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything