Poll: Do you want LFD to be kept in the Classic release of Wrath of the Lich King?

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
6
14
15
16
17
18
LastLast
  1. #301
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I mean, let's say they'll do this and Dungeon finder comes out with Phase 4...will this please those that want the Dungen finder?
    Considering how some people act, they're not going to touch Wotlk without the Dungeon finder, meaning they'll only play Wotlk when it's literally over.

    Keep this in mind when you say "Leave it in the game as it was originally", because Dungeon finder only came out at the very end of Wotlk.
    And the argument "Well, it was there for half of Wotlk's lifespan!" forgets that this half of Wotlk lifespan was a 10 month content drought content.
    The "leave it as it was" was the absolute minimum, you are 100% correct. My point was that the pro-Dungeon Finder group, no-matter where they stand in terms of when it might come out, do not accept the complete removal of it.

    And yes, because I don't try to hide it, I would prefer that in some way it would come out at the beginning. Trying to do dungeons in TBC-C for the duration I played was a shitshow, even more than Classic. 5-mans was my favourite aspect of WoW group content back in the day (along with BGs) and it's an utter shame that Blizzard is using every bullshit catchphrase under the sun in order to not make it easier for casuals in non-mega guilds to do those dungeons. Even more so for levelling ones.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    There should at the very least be an LFD for leveling up to 68 or so (Classic dungeons + TBC dungeons), WoTLK stuff are up for debate.
    That should be the minimum improvement IMO on release, I agree 100%

  2. #302
    Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    The "leave it as it was" was the absolute minimum, you are 100% correct. My point was that the pro-Dungeon Finder group, no-matter where they stand in terms of when it might come out, do not accept the complete removal of it.
    Point is however that i doubt anyone would be remotely pleased by that.

    After all, you get what you want during literally the last phase of Wotlk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    it's an utter shame that Blizzard is using every bullshit catchphrase under the sun in order to not make it easier for casuals in non-mega guilds to do those dungeons. Even more so for levelling ones.
    Sorry mate, you're losing me at the "casual" part.

    I don't see how a casual player is incapable of joining or forming a 5man dungeon group, unless they're kind of casual that's somehow incapable of putting a group together themselves, which isn't exactly hard.

    I also didn't do dungeons by just relying on guildmates and friends, i put groups together myself.

  3. #303
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    There should at the very least be an LFD for leveling up to 68 or so (Classic dungeons + TBC dungeons), WoTLK stuff are up for debate.
    Is the problem running through dungeons, or that very few players want to slog through old content to play a game totally focused on 70+ play?

    If it's the latter, would a better solution be considerably higher XP gains for 1-68? (If ye olde botting is a problem, could a limited-time account-level consumable be the answer, like a soft boost, so only a certain number of characters could be sped to Northrend per month?)

  4. #304
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,599
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    sorry to burst your bubble but classic has proven what you are saying to be nonesensical

    after first 2 weeks its either you are booster boosting and then burying boosts on alts or you dont do dungeon at all because there is 0 groups

    classic has de-evolved into monstorcity worse then retail at this point
    Nothing about my post was referring to Classic in any way shape or form! Classic has been nothing like the original community of the retail game from its inception. The community back then was entirely different from the one today. It may be the same content. Some of the same people may still play in classic. The community as whole is far different than the one I first started playing WoW with. That is what my post is referring to. Not classic!

  5. #305
    Yes, yes I do.

  6. #306
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyze View Post
    Yes, yes I do.
    61% on the poll, come vote and share it.

    https://strawpoll.com/polls/jVyGJaER1Z7

  7. #307
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i dono but my point was stop asking for things early and stuff that wasnt as that they way you wanted it

    - - - Updated - - -



    don't care u wanted it so deal with it, i don't play classic bc or woltk when it launces coz i don't want it, im not fogged by nostalgia, when i played vanilla classic its because i didnt experience it since i started playing mid bc when the wow south park episode 1st aired
    Very cool, bro. Awesome story.

  8. #308

  9. #309
    Yes, and the other allied races from retail as well please.

  10. #310
    If I were to play Wrath Classic I would expect it to be authentic to how Wrath was. Therefore, yes it should have dungeon finder. If Blizz really wants to make some changes to the system, then don't make it cross-realm. Supporting server community is a good thing.

  11. #311
    Did you realize that the dungeon finder was a wotlk feature right?

  12. #312
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I never understood this argument that RDF/LFD killed the community.

    If anything killed the community it was the subsequent expansion being so fucking awful it haemorrhaged millions of subscribers.

    After the addition of RDF, the sub count continued to rise hitting the fabled 12 million peak. So if anything it was a positive gain to the community and playerbase at large.

    Had Cataclysm not been the worst expansion ever made and lost a quarter of the playerbase, only a handful of backwards glancing elitists would bemoaning its existence.

    I could happily carry my own alts through twin screening with a tank on either account, and I'm going to make a tidy profit in boost sales, and yet I'd still rather have in RDF, for three reasons.


    1. It's so much better for levelling and gearing alts.
    2. It's a fun little time killer, much akin to random BGs, the ability to queue up and go can really break up the monotony when doing stuff like farming.
    3. It removes the daily cap on heroics by allowing you to queue into random infinite times, giving you extra shots on specific items and more badges. This is the real reason I believe we won't see it at launch, as the player power potential from just allday random heroic grinding would be immense.

    That last one is a part of RDF people forget about, you could queue as a full group. So the social interaction was irrelevant as you already were a fixed team. But it gave you access to an infinite source of shards, badges and gear that in the first phase will be BiS in some cases, especially trinkets.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Cata dungeons were never hard, you could outgear them very quickly and they just became the same aoe grind fests that wrath dungeons had become.

    Their difficulty was such a massive myth, they weren't any more challenging than Halls of Reflection. The speed at which people (myself included) had the meta achievement drake was telling.

    That they were nerfed for player accessibility when they were no longer the main source of content is no different to any other part of WoW's history of making old stuff easier.
    Did not see this until now, but Cata dungeons were pretty highly tuned the first few weeks. I got 85 the night of launch and was server 2nd to 85. I geared very quickly this expansion and got some server first kills and was 2700 in 3v3 and 3k in RBGs at the launch of Cata. I can very clearly tell you that Cata dungeons were tuned to be hard, require cc, defensive rotations, and were not really doable for AoE tanking until they were nerfed in about week 2 or 3 of the expansion. First month of Cata I had 24 days /played because except Christmas day I did nothing else but play the game until class resumed in January.

  13. #313
    Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    Did not see this until now, but Cata dungeons were pretty highly tuned the first few weeks. I got 85 the night of launch and was server 2nd to 85. I geared very quickly this expansion and got some server first kills and was 2700 in 3v3 and 3k in RBGs at the launch of Cata. I can very clearly tell you that Cata dungeons were tuned to be hard, require cc, defensive rotations, and were not really doable for AoE tanking until they were nerfed in about week 2 or 3 of the expansion. First month of Cata I had 24 days /played because except Christmas day I did nothing else but play the game until class resumed in January.
    Very much this. Most people did not actually experience Cata dungeons, and I see a lot of posts about this saying that they were never hard.

    They absolutely were gut-wrenchingly difficult for the first 2 weeks before they got gutted.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Cata dungeons were never hard, you could outgear them very quickly and they just became the same aoe grind fests that wrath dungeons had become.

    Their difficulty was such a massive myth, they weren't any more challenging than Halls of Reflection. The speed at which people (myself included) had the meta achievement drake was telling.

    That they were nerfed for player accessibility when they were no longer the main source of content is no different to any other part of WoW's history of making old stuff easier.
    Very much not accurate.

    They were insanely difficult at the beginning of the expansion and then were brutally nerfed afterward precisely because it was nigh impossible to clear through them with a random group.
    Heroic Grim Batol was a particular nightmare.

  14. #314
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Very much this. Most people did not actually experience Cata dungeons, and I see a lot of posts about this saying that they were never hard.

    They absolutely were gut-wrenchingly difficult for the first 2 weeks before they got gutted.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Very much not accurate.

    They were insanely difficult at the beginning of the expansion and then were brutally nerfed afterward precisely because it was nigh impossible to clear through them with a random group.
    Heroic Grim Batol was a particular nightmare.
    Lol Cata instances were tough at release. I remember in Blackrock instance (forget the name) we pulled two of those packs with the elementals before the Dog boss and we our asses handed to use quick. Now the instances were fun, but they were a steeper skill check on then than the WotLK instances were for sure.

  15. #315
    I originally voted no to this poll, but after spending some time leveling, I was reminded of how much I enjoy dungeon leveling and how much easier it is with LFD, so I would change it to yes if I could. Plus, I like the little bonuses you get in retail wow when more healers and tanks are needed to que.

  16. #316
    Pandaren Monk ThatsOurEric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Its omission from Wrath Classic is a case of Blizzard listening to the vocal minority as usual but it's ok. I have every dungeon entrance in WoW up to Pandaria committed to memory. LOL.
    Dude, same. Kinda funny seeing people wipe to the old stuff when at this point, I've done it so many times I could
    run it in my sleep.

  17. #317
    i definetly want it, makes alts easier to level and it helps with daily HCs getting done. Allthought i want it to be served wide and not cross realm.

  18. #318
    WC3 Megathreader Lilithvia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Posts
    3,989
    going off the title:

    Hell yes I want Lightforged Draenei in Wrath. I love seeing salt

  19. #319
    Pit Lord Aurabolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,443
    I really don't get it. Wrath content is easy to PUG with 4 randoms. I did it a million times sometimes with broken gear just or LULZ as a tank or heals. Other times I would chain pull trash into bosses like no one's business and kill everything. Easy pickings.

    ...LFD made it easier to chain instances =O
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

    This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

  20. #320
    Yes to LFD. If LFD isn't added, then pony up for a better servers and condense the servers. LFD is a tool that helps in so many areas including low pop servers actually play the game. I forget that most people don't care about other people's time, but they deserve to be able to play the game as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •