Poll: Do you want LFD to be kept in the Classic release of Wrath of the Lich King?

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I'd prefer it

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    If I were to play Wrath Classic I would expect it to be authentic to how Wrath was. Therefore, yes it should have dungeon finder. If Blizz really wants to make some changes to the system, then don't make it cross-realm. Supporting server community is a good thing.
    it can never be authentic because they arent doing an exact recreation of the original patches,you will never get to experience the spec evolution over the patches like before

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Put LFD in Wrath Classic.

Make sure to put LFR in Cata Classic too. Infact do exactly the same things they did all those years back so it ends up exactly the same. The same exact game people are hating right now.
    I doubt that "the people" hate the current game because of LFD/LFR. In fact, the influence of these tools in Retail has diminished significantly since WoD (to the point of nigh irrelevancy), but Retail is even more toxic and just as criticized as ever. LFD/LFR are scapegoats for all of the devs' bad design decisions.

just hit 70
    really fun to search for a dungeon run and just stand in og....
    not.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    #NoChanges.

It needs to come in the last patch. If it comes at release, when dungeons were still semi-difficult, it won't be the same. Many people who think they will be able to just queue for a dungeon and AOE everything down, will be mistaken.
    Not sure how it would affect you in any way... if you are someone that wouldn't use it make your own group as you would have anyways. I am sure you would find enough like minded people.

If you don’t want to use it then don’t use it. Problem solved.

LFD was a great option for players wanting to solo queue content while out in the world doing dailies etc instead of standing around in Dalaran looking for or creating groups via the local chat channels.

The highest content should always be tuned for pre-makes, but LFD has a legitimate place in WOW for many players and it’s frustrating how M+ has killed it in live.

Personally I’d love to see it launch with Wrath Classic instead of waiting for ICC.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Huh, I admit, I'm surprised. The majority (at least here) seem to want LFD.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    RDF wasnt in the game on wotlk launch, only came in icc patch

they are giving you the patch by patch experience
    That's the issue. They said they won't add it at all.
    If they brought it with the ICC phase then that's fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Huh, I admit, I'm surprised. The majority (at least here) seem to want LFD.
    No LFD was great and made sense in the original Classic as this was a totally different experience/game in a way.

Not adding it in wrath is a different story though. Not having LFD will be just a huge waste of time for everyone with no gain or fun. People won't talk more besides writing "123" for a summon, because they are lazy af and not having it won't create a less toxic environment in this expac.

Even in TBC it was quite annoying having to spend so much time on forming groups, then going to the dungeon, waiting half an hour so that one other person decides to come and summon, then summon everyone else and finally start the dungeon after 1 hour of searching/summoning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Define "LFD"...

The LFD they added to TBCC is fine.

What they have in Modern WoW today is not fine for Classic.
    Yeah sure, an iconic feature added in Wrath has no place in Wrath Classic...

10+ Year Old Account
    Mixed feelings.

I hate retail dungeons, especially m+. I feel like it's a less social environment than classic dungeons, but only part of the blame should be on LFD. The other party is the scaling difficulty of m+, as well as the timer. It leads to a mentality of "Talking is inefficient, and if you make us wipe, youre out!"

I think Wrath's LFD is fine, because the dungeons aint too hard. Only the angriest gamers will be toxic.

I still say just add the Premade Group Finder that Retail has, and let it ride the rest of Classic's existence. The Premade Group Finder more or less does the exact same thing that LFD does, just with a few more added steps to sign up for a group.

No. I would be fine with it implemented to automatically find players on your server for your group, but stop there. No cross server and no teleporting to the dungeon.
    Last edited by Deferionus; 2022-05-12 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    No. I would be fine with it implemented to automatically find players on your server for your group, but stop there. No cross server and no teleworking to the dungeon.
    The original TBC one used to work like that, you would suddenly wake up in party trying to figure out which dungeon was the one common to all 5 ppl, since you could sign up for 3.

Quote Originally Posted by BarosanuNr1 View Post
    I doubt that "the people" hate the current game because of LFD/LFR. In fact, the influence of these tools in Retail has diminished significantly since WoD (to the point of nigh irrelevancy), but Retail is even more toxic and just as criticized as ever. LFD/LFR are scapegoats for all of the devs' bad design decisions.
    Baro is correct imo. Out of all the things I despise in retail, LFD & LFR are most definitely not on that list. I loved when they were added as it gave me queueable content I could do when I had free time either to level/gear alts or get enchanting mats to DE. Atleast until as mentioned they nerfed the item level rewards of both to be almost useless. Legion was the last time I did LFR for any reason other than enchanting mats.

I'd love to have queueable RBGs either by myself or with a couple friends. Just use some MMR ranking and then have them act otherwise like a normal BG does. Trying to find groups for those as a dps, especially ones that don't require voice is hell.

I've been around since BC and in my experience over the years people are WAY more toxic to people on their own realm than they are in LFD/LFR. If you act like a shithead in queueable content you either get kicked or people add you to their ignore lists or both. Either way they don't have to see/interact with you again (except in BGs). Where as on a realm you're stuck with them until they get banned or transfer off to another server.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Corner stone of being social to Blizzard:

Spam "LF1M Tank" for 3 hours, get a reply "Will tank", run the 5 man saying nothing, then everyone leaves saying nothing.

It's like sitting your kid next to the guy half sleeping on the train muddering about being abducted by aliens while reeking of vodka to teach your kids social interaction instead of registering them for school and them showing up for class.
    amen brother

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    No. I would be fine with it implemented to automatically find players on your server for your group, but stop there. No cross server and no teleworking to the dungeon.
    Same here mon.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    it can never be authentic because they arent doing an exact recreation of the original patches,you will never get to experience the spec evolution over the patches like before
    That's nice. It's still authentic Wrath though. Imagine a server being created at the tail end of Wrath. That's what you're playing.

However, removing systems like LFD makes it not authentic.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    That's nice. It's still authentic Wrath though. Imagine a server being created at the tail end of Wrath. That's what you're playing.

However, removing systems like LFD makes it not authentic.
    but they arent removing it,its gonna come in icc patch

7+ Year Old Account
    my feeling are that it still wasnt even a thing till the expansion was almost over. i think we will be fine without it. they may add it after the fact around when RS phase drops if enough people want it in at that point. but it didnt come out till ICC was released. just like dual spec wasnt in till secrets of ulduar. so as far as im concerned and i know my opinion is practically worthless, it doesnt diminish the game at all not being ther.e
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath dungeons are so insanely easy that I don't even think it's going to matter whether LFD is implemented or not, so I'd rather just have it for the convenience.