Poll: Do you want LFD to be kept in the Classic release of Wrath of the Lich King?

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I played it? Of course. LFD/G is one of the best additions to ever be added to WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by gemana View Post
    Absolutely not.

LFD was the beginning of the end for Classic WoW.
    I thought that was battlegrounds, or was it dropping raid sizes down to 10/20-man, or introducing heroic dungeons instead of making new content, or giving out welfare epics for losing 10 arena matches a week, or badge gear?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    Automated grouping features all promise you great things but in the end it'll just turn out to be the end of WoW as we know it.

This split the community back in the day and it will split it again .... ..... we all know they will add LFD and it will forever change the game to be more and more like retail.

The vividly remember the game changing overnight after LFD was added and personally I feel it wasn't for the best. The way people approach dungeons and dungeon groups will forever change. This will only get worse after LFR gets implemented and LFR will get the blame ... but LFR / LFD is all the same really ...

Edit: I do think there could potentially be a place for server LFD tool for 1-70 content to help out the people leveling up.
    The way people approached dungeons changed with the launch of WotLK. Dungeons were so easy on release that we were go-go-going through them with minimal chatting long before the LFD tool was introduced.

There's a lot of people in this thread who clearly didn't play WotLK when it was current. LFD was one of the defining features of the expansion.

LFD YES, but get rid of the 15% bonus with it; honestly; it wasn't necessary back then and it isn't nowadays too.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    There's a lot of people in this thread who clearly didn't play WotLK when it was current. LFD was one of the defining features of the expansion.
    Yes, there seem to be a lot of people in this thread who didn't play WotLK. If they did, they'd realize that for most of Wrath's timeline Dungeon Finder didn't exist. It wasn't put in until over halfway through the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    LFD was one of the single best additions to wow, ever.

And it was a part of wrath, wasn't it? What happened to #nochanges? hehe
    See above. For the majority of Wrath there was no Dungeon Finder. One could make the argument from a #nochanges standpoint that a truer representation would be to not include the system. But of course it'll be in Wrath Classic as Blizz just uses all the system from the last patch of any expansion.
    Last edited by Coffeh; 2022-03-30 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Yes, there seem to be a lot of people in this thread who didn't play WotLK. If they did, they'd realize that for most of Wrath's timeline Dungeon Finder didn't exist. It wasn't put in until over halfway through the expansion.

See above. For the majority of Wrath there was no Dungeon Finder. One could make the argument from a #nochanges standpoint that a truer representation would be to not include the system. But of course it'll be in Wrath Classic as Blizz just uses all the system from the last patch of any expansion.
    Considering Blizzard is obviously not releasing things on the same timeline expansions did, your comments are utterly irrelevant.

15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't answer because my choice would be yes, but bound to server only, the way it I felt it should have been right from the start. WoW was more enjoyable in an enclosed community, at least for me, and I think dungeons were never as enjoyable after that. Again, just my opinion, ymmv.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

That's so wrong. LFD was released with ICC, literally the last patch (except Halion) before Cataclysm.

Yes,the reason i love LFD is i can jump into some quick dungeons whenever i have the time without having to wait for friends or guildies to come online i have different work shedules so outside of raiding i play mostly alone( fuck nightshifts)

I'll also level alot more alts if RDF is available it makes leveling so much more fun for me
    In ever understood the hate for RDF to be fair,it's such a nice quality of life thing,FF14 literaly has the same thing in dungeon roulette and i see nobody hating on that whenever i play there.

but then again people get salty over a cash shop mount lmao.

Classic, Classic BC, and Classic Wrath should all just use the LFD finder that is in retail for Mythic/Mythic+/Raid. Player hosts group, people sign up, host invites people as they see fit. Not sold on it being cross-server, but maybe it should start as your own server first, after 3+ minutes you have the option to "expand the search" to other servers. Allows community to still remain intact to some degree, but also doesn't punish smaller servers for lack of people.

Considering Blizzard is obviously not releasing things on the same timeline expansions did, your comments are utterly irrelevant.
    Always interesting when you state a fact and someone calls it irrelevant. I already said Dungeon Finder will obviously be in Wrath Classic. I merely pointed out that for most of Wrath it didn't exist.

By the way, Blizz has staggered content with Classic so I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. On an accelerated timeline, but they didn't just launch Classic or TBC Classic with all the raids and dungeons unlocked. Also, did TBC Classic launch with guild banks? Nope...took quite a while to add that. That's just one example, but I don't expect it to apply to Dungeon Finder in Wrath Classic. Still, we don't know for sure.

Edit - As I think about this, I start to wonder if maybe they will delay adding Dungeon Finder. It wasn't just a matter of grouping up and sending players to instances. There was a whole reward system attached to it. Not sure if that works right from the start of Wrath. It'll have quite an impact. But...we'll see.
    Last edited by Coffeh; 2022-03-30 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Wrath lasted appx 25 months. 12 months of that included the Dungeon Finder. So while you are technically correct, it's only by 1 month.

See @TheRevenantHero reply. They are always going with the last build of the expac so obviously that would include LFD. And #Nochanges would include LFD since it would be consistent with their previous builds they released.
    Blizzard also delayed features in TBCC until their respective patch introduced them back then.

That's why the current LFD tool wasn't in on launch, because it was introduced with a patch.
    Same goes for Guildbanks.
    Same goes for some profession recipes.
    Same goes for some other changes (Primal Nether / Vortex being BoP for example).
    Same goes for Caverns of Time Teleport NPC.

If they're being consistent with that philosophy, which is pretty close to #nochanges, then the Dungeon Finder will have to wait until Phase 4.

So yeah, that whole "what about #nochanges" joke kinda backfired there.

Yes.

I'm not on a dead server, not in the least (mankrik horde).

1 hour to find a group as a healer (normal dungeons, still leveling)
    1 hour waiting for a tank
    Group falls apart

This is not a fun gameplay experience.

Hey there you go somebody who takes classic seriously knows what's up. 50g still says LFD comes out at launch of wotlk classic
    It probably will be, but that's because some people will riot if they have to wait for it until Phase 4, not because any philosophy that Blizzard has followed in either Classic or TBCC would dictate them releasing Dungeonfinder on launch.

I didn't say that it won't be in on launch, i am saying that if they're being consistent with their previous design, it won't be.
    A remark that i primarily made because you poked at the #nochanges.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post
    I honestly don't think that LFD has ever been a problem in the game. It's when LFR was added that the integrity of the game really went downhill. I hope that the dungeon finder is in the game from the get-go.
    Quoting a very early post but... this is exactly my feel.

Dungeons is something one does on their OWN time, with friends/guildies, sure. RAIDING is something done exclusively with a group. LFD lets folks crack on doing their own thing, with something that is a fairly long way down the pecking order for character power improvements (while allowing progress towards the social raiding aspect).

Raiding is something one does in large groups, with each members input having a pretty large influence on the rest of the groups experience.

Making dungeons "easy" to set up is fine. Allowing raids to be clobbered together easily was/is a mistake.

I'm absolutely up for #allchanges. Classic should be done in a way that learns best from what went well and what caused issues in retail. Dungeons are something quick/easy for play in "solo" playtime... make it quicker and easier. Raiding is intended as the pinnacle PVE activity and the largest group social activity... make ones social standing, ethics and effort (reputation) be the key factor in raiding. It's MEANT to be something to aspire to (while... being "easy" for many folks... it's a big thing for a lot of the ultra casual end of things).

Classic has clearly been a lot more community minded too. Discord makes an incredible difference for the whole pug setup and giving folks a path into raiding, without the whole commitment of a guild and regular raid times. It still doesn't dilute the need for a good reputation. A lot of folks didn't raid the first time due to not having time/being able to commit to a regular raid schedule, discord pugs have made a huge difference to that.

I'm totally aware of a decent chunk of the player base having the "I want to see content I pay for" mindset. Putting the time into getting there and making friends along the way is a HUGE part of what's being paid for too. Anticipation is a big chunk of what makes for rewarding play.

I'd.... mostly expect dual spec and LFD to be in from the start. I'll not be #pitchforks if it's not, but I think it would be a missed opportunity.

I'd equally hope we NEVER see LFR though.

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    I didn't answer because my choice would be yes, but bound to server only, the way it I felt it should have been right from the start. WoW was more enjoyable in an enclosed community, at least for me, and I think dungeons were never as enjoyable after that. Again, just my opinion, ymmv.
    spotted this later. Kinda agree. Keep it server only. It helps to keep folks a bit more honest in dungeons. Not "oh I'm taking that wildly inappropriate gear from someone for whom it's clearly a massive upgrade for because I want to improve my gearscore". The same social/rep factors start to appear then too, keeps more people honest + nice.
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2022-03-31 at 12:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Yesn't

If it comes with the intended patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibah View Post
    That's so wrong. LFD was released with ICC, literally the last patch (except Halion) before Cataclysm.
    And it was a defining feature along with dual specialization and alternate raid sizes.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Its way to late to exclude systems like that, especially when wotlk was the addon that introduced this tool.

Mindset of people changed. They dont really play for exploration, making friends and adventures anymore, they just play to beat the shit out of the actual content, looking up for guides and they do everything the fastes/best way, to not fall behind. I mean look at all the casual players out there, even they ask what do i skill? what covenant i have to pick? what leggy is bis? and then they just raid normal all day and doing <10 keys.

I mean look at classic how hard they plan the best leveling & gearing routes and how every guide say "Dont play that spec, its bad!"

The time of people just enjoy the game is over for a long time now. And u wont get back these times with excluding systems like LFD.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it's in. For my tank it's just fast random fun, and for my alts it's not sitting around waiting for a tank or healer via spamming LFD for an hour.

This whole "destroying the social aspect" is the biggest lie. You only need to see how pugs go in TBC classic now, the only conversation is people whispering the dungeon leader at the start that, and half of them just write "inv" in the hopes it triggers some auto invite addon.

LFD didn't kill the social aspect of the game. Cata leaning heavily on guilds as a set of systems, and being so content devoid that people didn't stick around did.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.