Poll: Do you want LFD to be kept in the Classic release of Wrath of the Lich King?

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    People saying it came out 'at the end' of Wrath are just being disingenuous and trying to invalidate the fact it was there for a significant period during the expansion, as if its removal from Classic wouldn't make much difference to the integrity or experience of Wrath as far as changes go.
    No, disagree, because if the argument presented is "Bring out Wrath as it was", then Dungeon finder being in from the start is an obvious deviation from it.

If you want Dungeon finder in from the start, then at least be upfront about it and say it, because citing the "authenticity" of Wrath as an argument is self defeating as most of those people would not be pleased with a 100% authentic Wrath release in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    #NoChanges.

It needs to come in the last patch. If it comes at release, when dungeons were still semi-difficult, it won't be the same. Many people who think they will be able to just queue for a dungeon and AOE everything down, will be mistaken.

The no changes train left a long time ago bud.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    Time for Blizzard to reconsider and stop listening to this annoying and tiny minority. We want Classic Wrath with no changes, give us LFD back!

I want plenty of changes. Taking out LFG was not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal2u View Post
    69% to yes
    Nice
    Take a look at this one 60% on a 5k8 votes sample.

https://strawpoll.com/polls/jVyGJaER1Z7

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    No, disagree, because if the argument presented is "Bring out Wrath as it was", then Dungeon finder being in from the start is an obvious deviation from it.

If you want Dungeon finder in from the start, then at least be upfront about it and say it, because citing the "authenticity" of Wrath as an argument is self defeating as most of those people would not be pleased with a 100% authentic Wrath release in that regard.
    Whenever they decide to introduce the frost/triumph emblems is when the dungeon finder should be put in too, because farming heroics for those emblems would suck balls without it. I assume they'll drop it along with ICC as per original.

Whenever they decide to introduce the frost/triumph emblems is when the dungeon finder should be put in too, because farming heroics for those emblems would suck balls without it. I assume they'll drop it along with ICC as per original.
    Emblem of Frost were never really truly farmable, they were tied to the daily heroic, which was just moved from an NPC (like right now in TBC) to the Dungeon finder when it was introduced.
    Emblem of Triumph didn't drop off Heroic bosses until, as you correctly have assumed, they introduced the dungeon finder in 3.3.

In other words, it wouldn't change anything, at least not in the way most people that want the dungeon finder.

People saying it came out 'at the end' of Wrath are just being disingenuous and trying to invalidate the fact it was there for a significant period during the expansion, as if its removal from Classic wouldn't make much difference to the integrity or experience of Wrath as far as changes go.
    Maybe, but one useful point to take from this is that the play environment from December 2009 onward — especially after players largely finished with ICC — wasn't the same as at launch.

And the argument "Well, it was there for half of Wotlk's lifespan!" forgets that this half of Wotlk lifespan was a 10 month content drought content.
    Counter-theory on what caused problems that led to RDF: emblems and incentive structure.

I only remember 5-mans difficult to put together in 3.1, when most dropped largely worthless Emblems of Heroism (i200). In fact, Blizzard specifically reversed course in 3.2 to make dungeons more useful to players by dropping Conquest (i226). And always-hot Trial of the Champion dropped Triumph (i232).

Ghostcrawler and team may have always wanted to introduce Dungeon Finder, but to the actual problem of finding pugs, the key was rewards and not social interfaces. If the Classic team can get structure right, that would really only leave social reasons ("I don't wanna deal with people") for the feature.

Emblem of Frost were never really truly farmable, they were tied to the daily heroic, which was just moved from an NPC (like right now in TBC) to the Dungeon finder when it was introduced.
    Emblem of Triumph didn't drop off Heroic bosses until, as you correctly have assumed, they introduced the dungeon finder in 3.3.

In other words, it wouldn't change anything, at least not in the way most people that want the dungeon finder.
    I can't speak for everyone but farming those emblems was the majority of my endgame in Wrath as a casual player, and the dungeon finder was an integral part of that. If I had to do manual groups to gear my characters with the vendor gear it would be a nightmare.

Do you want:

A) A slice of Cake
    B) A slice of lemon
    C) A 20 mile run

Gee, I wonder what most people are gonna pick. Doesn't mean it's the best option... Trying to justify LFD in WotLK with a poll is asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    Counter-theory on what caused problems that led to RDF: emblems and incentive structure.
    I doubt that, one expansion later, Blizzard introduced LFR.
    Then the expansion after that, cross realm zones.

Dungeonfinder was an obvious step to soften up server barriers in retrospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    I only remember 5-mans difficult to put together in 3.1, when most dropped largely worthless Emblems of Heroism (i200). In fact, Blizzard specifically reversed course in 3.2 to make dungeons more useful to players by dropping Conquest (i226). And always-hot Trial of the Champion dropped Triumph (i232).
    I think it was more of the intent of Blizzards "play the patch" philosophy kicking in than anything else.
    After all, 3.2 was also the first time you could buy an entire Tier set off the vendor.

The intent was less "hey, we want people do more dungeons!" but rather "we don't want people to farm Naxx and Ulduar, let them jump straight into TotC after farming heroics!".
    I can't speak for everyone but farming those emblems was the majority of my endgame in Wrath as a casual player, and the dungeon finder was an integral part of that. If I had to do manual groups to gear my characters with the vendor gear it would be a nightmare.
    Point is however that the underlying structure for this doesn't even exist until 3.2 / 3.3., because the emblem vendor didn't sell much items to begin with.

The Emblem of Heroism vendor at launch sells:
    - Relics / throwing weapon
    - Offhands / Shield
    - Belts
    - Trinket
    - Neck
    - T7 (10man) Gloves / Chest

And depending on your class, they're even worse than some heroic blues.
    You're going to have most of what you want from this guy within a days of doing heroics.

You can bypass this guy almost entirely by just doing Naxx 10man, which is not exactly a huge barrier, Naxx 10 isn't ICC 10man, where the difficulty noticably increase at some point.

There should at the very least be an LFD for leveling up to 68 or so (Classic dungeons + TBC dungeons), WoTLK stuff are up for debate.

I mean, let's say they'll do this and Dungeon finder comes out with Phase 4...will this please those that want the Dungen finder?
    Considering how some people act, they're not going to touch Wotlk without the Dungeon finder, meaning they'll only play Wotlk when it's literally over.

Keep this in mind when you say "Leave it in the game as it was originally", because Dungeon finder only came out at the very end of Wotlk.
    And the argument "Well, it was there for half of Wotlk's lifespan!" forgets that this half of Wotlk lifespan was a 10 month content drought content.
    The "leave it as it was" was the absolute minimum, you are 100% correct. My point was that the pro-Dungeon Finder group, no-matter where they stand in terms of when it might come out, do not accept the complete removal of it.

And yes, because I don't try to hide it, I would prefer that in some way it would come out at the beginning. Trying to do dungeons in TBC-C for the duration I played was a shitshow, even more than Classic. 5-mans was my favourite aspect of WoW group content back in the day (along with BGs) and it's an utter shame that Blizzard is using every bullshit catchphrase under the sun in order to not make it easier for casuals in non-mega guilds to do those dungeons. Even more so for levelling ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    There should at the very least be an LFD for leveling up to 68 or so (Classic dungeons + TBC dungeons), WoTLK stuff are up for debate.
    That should be the minimum improvement IMO on release, I agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    The "leave it as it was" was the absolute minimum, you are 100% correct. My point was that the pro-Dungeon Finder group, no-matter where they stand in terms of when it might come out, do not accept the complete removal of it.
    Point is however that i doubt anyone would be remotely pleased by that.

After all, you get what you want during literally the last phase of Wotlk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    it's an utter shame that Blizzard is using every bullshit catchphrase under the sun in order to not make it easier for casuals in non-mega guilds to do those dungeons. Even more so for levelling ones.
    Sorry mate, you're losing me at the "casual" part.

I don't see how a casual player is incapable of joining or forming a 5man dungeon group, unless they're kind of casual that's somehow incapable of putting a group together themselves, which isn't exactly hard.

I also didn't do dungeons by just relying on guildmates and friends, i put groups together myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Is the problem running through dungeons, or that very few players want to slog through old content to play a game totally focused on 70+ play?

If it's the latter, would a better solution be considerably higher XP gains for 1-68? (If ye olde botting is a problem, could a limited-time account-level consumable be the answer, like a soft boost, so only a certain number of characters could be sped to Northrend per month?)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    sorry to burst your bubble but classic has proven what you are saying to be nonesensical

after first 2 weeks its either you are booster boosting and then burying boosts on alts or you dont do dungeon at all because there is 0 groups

classic has de-evolved into monstorcity worse then retail at this point
    Nothing about my post was referring to Classic in any way shape or form! Classic has been nothing like the original community of the retail game from its inception. The community back then was entirely different from the one today. It may be the same content. Some of the same people may still play in classic. The community as whole is far different than the one I first started playing WoW with. That is what my post is referring to. Not classic!

Yes, yes I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyze View Post
    Yes, yes I do.
    61% on the poll, come vote and share it.

https://strawpoll.com/polls/jVyGJaER1Z7

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i dono but my point was stop asking for things early and stuff that wasnt as that they way you wanted it

- - - Updated - - -

don't care u wanted it so deal with it, i don't play classic bc or woltk when it launces coz i don't want it, im not fogged by nostalgia, when i played vanilla classic its because i didnt experience it since i started playing mid bc when the wow south park episode 1st aired
    Very cool, bro. Awesome story.

Yes, and the other allied races from retail as well please.

If I were to play Wrath Classic I would expect it to be authentic to how Wrath was. Therefore, yes it should have dungeon finder. If Blizz really wants to make some changes to the system, then don't make it cross-realm. Supporting server community is a good thing.