Poll: Do you want LFD to be kept in the Classic release of Wrath of the Lich King?

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Did you realize that the dungeon finder was a wotlk feature right?

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I never understood this argument that RDF/LFD killed the community.

If anything killed the community it was the subsequent expansion being so fucking awful it haemorrhaged millions of subscribers.

After the addition of RDF, the sub count continued to rise hitting the fabled 12 million peak. So if anything it was a positive gain to the community and playerbase at large.

Had Cataclysm not been the worst expansion ever made and lost a quarter of the playerbase, only a handful of backwards glancing elitists would bemoaning its existence.

I could happily carry my own alts through twin screening with a tank on either account, and I'm going to make a tidy profit in boost sales, and yet I'd still rather have in RDF, for three reasons.

1. It's so much better for levelling and gearing alts.
    2. It's a fun little time killer, much akin to random BGs, the ability to queue up and go can really break up the monotony when doing stuff like farming.
    3. It removes the daily cap on heroics by allowing you to queue into random infinite times, giving you extra shots on specific items and more badges. This is the real reason I believe we won't see it at launch, as the player power potential from just allday random heroic grinding would be immense.

That last one is a part of RDF people forget about, you could queue as a full group. So the social interaction was irrelevant as you already were a fixed team. But it gave you access to an infinite source of shards, badges and gear that in the first phase will be BiS in some cases, especially trinkets.

- - - Updated - - -

Cata dungeons were never hard, you could outgear them very quickly and they just became the same aoe grind fests that wrath dungeons had become.

Their difficulty was such a massive myth, they weren't any more challenging than Halls of Reflection. The speed at which people (myself included) had the meta achievement drake was telling.

That they were nerfed for player accessibility when they were no longer the main source of content is no different to any other part of WoW's history of making old stuff easier.
    Did not see this until now, but Cata dungeons were pretty highly tuned the first few weeks. I got 85 the night of launch and was server 2nd to 85. I geared very quickly this expansion and got some server first kills and was 2700 in 3v3 and 3k in RBGs at the launch of Cata. I can very clearly tell you that Cata dungeons were tuned to be hard, require cc, defensive rotations, and were not really doable for AoE tanking until they were nerfed in about week 2 or 3 of the expansion. First month of Cata I had 24 days /played because except Christmas day I did nothing else but play the game until class resumed in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    Did not see this until now, but Cata dungeons were pretty highly tuned the first few weeks. I got 85 the night of launch and was server 2nd to 85. I geared very quickly this expansion and got some server first kills and was 2700 in 3v3 and 3k in RBGs at the launch of Cata. I can very clearly tell you that Cata dungeons were tuned to be hard, require cc, defensive rotations, and were not really doable for AoE tanking until they were nerfed in about week 2 or 3 of the expansion. First month of Cata I had 24 days /played because except Christmas day I did nothing else but play the game until class resumed in January.
    Very much this. Most people did not actually experience Cata dungeons, and I see a lot of posts about this saying that they were never hard.

They absolutely were gut-wrenchingly difficult for the first 2 weeks before they got gutted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Cata dungeons were never hard, you could outgear them very quickly and they just became the same aoe grind fests that wrath dungeons had become.

Their difficulty was such a massive myth, they weren't any more challenging than Halls of Reflection. The speed at which people (myself included) had the meta achievement drake was telling.

That they were nerfed for player accessibility when they were no longer the main source of content is no different to any other part of WoW's history of making old stuff easier.
    Very much not accurate.

They were insanely difficult at the beginning of the expansion and then were brutally nerfed afterward precisely because it was nigh impossible to clear through them with a random group.
    Heroic Grim Batol was a particular nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Very much this. Most people did not actually experience Cata dungeons, and I see a lot of posts about this saying that they were never hard.

They absolutely were gut-wrenchingly difficult for the first 2 weeks before they got gutted.

- - - Updated - - -

Very much not accurate.

They were insanely difficult at the beginning of the expansion and then were brutally nerfed afterward precisely because it was nigh impossible to clear through them with a random group.
    Heroic Grim Batol was a particular nightmare.
    Lol Cata instances were tough at release. I remember in Blackrock instance (forget the name) we pulled two of those packs with the elementals before the Dog boss and we our asses handed to use quick. Now the instances were fun, but they were a steeper skill check on then than the WotLK instances were for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    I originally voted no to this poll, but after spending some time leveling, I was reminded of how much I enjoy dungeon leveling and how much easier it is with LFD, so I would change it to yes if I could. Plus, I like the little bonuses you get in retail wow when more healers and tanks are needed to que.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Its omission from Wrath Classic is a case of Blizzard listening to the vocal minority as usual but it's ok. I have every dungeon entrance in WoW up to Pandaria committed to memory. LOL.
    Dude, same. Kinda funny seeing people wipe to the old stuff when at this point, I've done it so many times I could
    run it in my sleep.

i definetly want it, makes alts easier to level and it helps with daily HCs getting done. Allthought i want it to be served wide and not cross realm.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    going off the title:

Hell yes I want Lightforged Draenei in Wrath. I love seeing salt

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't get it. Wrath content is easy to PUG with 4 randoms. I did it a million times sometimes with broken gear just or LULZ as a tank or heals. Other times I would chain pull trash into bosses like no one's business and kill everything. Easy pickings.

...LFD made it easier to chain instances =O
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Yes to LFD. If LFD isn't added, then pony up for a better servers and condense the servers. LFD is a tool that helps in so many areas including low pop servers actually play the game. I forget that most people don't care about other people's time, but they deserve to be able to play the game as well.

RDF wasnt in the game on wotlk launch, only came in icc patch

they are giving you the patch by patch experience

Corner stone of being social to Blizzard:

Spam "LF1M Tank" for 3 hours, get a reply "Will tank", run the 5 man saying nothing, then everyone leaves saying nothing.

It's like sitting your kid next to the guy half sleeping on the train muddering about being abducted by aliens while reeking of vodka to teach your kids social interaction instead of registering them for school and them showing up for class.

Blizz are already on record as talking about looking at an alternative tool that'll make it easier to get groups.

Personally, no RDF = no LFR later. That's good. As there's already talk about an alternative tool being sorted out... I'm kinda all for RDF being excluded so long as something else is provided that does a better job than the one in TBC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    Yes, and the other allied races from retail as well please.
    LFD is a wrath feature at some point, Allied races was not. Apples to oranges much?

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    Blizz are already on record as talking about looking at an alternative tool that'll make it easier to get groups.
    Source? /10char

10+ Year Old Account
    If it was me I'd add it in when ICC raiding starts since thats when it got added.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I do actually, I was against it after vanilla. But the TBC experience has just been soul crushing, I haven’t got the will or energy to do any of the dungeons and only really raidlog. I just don’t feel the social glue that vanilla had that made the lack of lfd enjoyable. Things don’t feel as accessible somehow.

Put LFD in Wrath Classic.

Make sure to put LFR in Cata Classic too. Infact do exactly the same things they did all those years back so it ends up exactly the same. The same exact game people are hating right now.

Polling is what destroyed Classic WoW

No clue why everything has to be so black and white, either LFD exists or not, instead I would want to see one small adjustment. Include LFD, but without teleport (Except maybe if you join mid-dungeon to speed up shit) to try and make the world a little bit more alive

Would be nice if LFD arrived in a later patch, but it should arrive at some point.
    Last edited by Twyzz; 2022-05-04 at 05:06 PM.