Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Who is Calia? What game event explains what happened to her?

calia is the sister to arthas and in the before the storm novel she was killed by sylvanas during "the gathering" and was resurrected by a naaru as a sort of light imbued undead. i believe the event that lead to her death was her proclaiming out loud who she was and her claim to the throne of lordaeron after many of the forsaken undead said that they would follow her if she came out of the shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by PhallenKrusader View Post
    calia is the sister to arthas and in the before the storm novel she was killed by sylvanas during "the gathering" and was resurrected by a naaru as a sort of light imbued undead. i believe the event that lead to her death was her proclaiming out loud who she was and her claim to the throne of lordaeron after many of the forsaken undead said that they would follow her if she came out of the shadows.
    Nobody will follow her. She is a usurper. She needs to be executed.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    the novel has already established that not all but most forsaken would follow her. please do not reply to me with odd generalized statements that are made as if you are playing your actual game character if you are not interested in actual discussion. thank you.

You have no idea what you are talking about

Sylvanas has precisely the same background.

An alliance character turned horde who usurped a throne(in some ways more then once).

Nothing will please you.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyreym View Post
    ''Why we lost another horde character''

The horde is nothing - WINDRUNNER, Sylvanas.

you got a Calia. didnt lose anything
    give you a Liadrin's brother or Thalyssra's sister.Let him/her replace Turalyon or Tyrande.

Well anyways I hope the story of Sylvanas is not over. Maybe one day she returns to us. One can hope and dream.
    MUHAHAHAHAHA

no need to dream. she returns as soon as Blizz needs to rehash some character, to save investments in developing new characters. as they did the last 10 years. that’s the major reason why she is parked in the maw.

„maybe one day“ lol, great. how naive. lol, a really good laugh… thx for that!
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-04-06 at 01:28 AM.

Nobody wants Calia. Stop trying to force her on us.
    30 Calias <<<<<< 1 Sylvanas

It's like comparing Ke$ha to Mariah Carey, Ben Simmons to Michael Jordan
    Last edited by TrueHorde; 2022-04-06 at 01:37 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhallenKrusader View Post
    the novel has already established that not all but most forsaken would follow her. please do not reply to me with odd generalized statements that are made as if you are playing your actual game character if you are not interested in actual discussion. thank you.
    The book only actually establishes that a few undead on the field would follow her, some just wanted to be with there family’s and others flatly said they wouldn’t betray sylvanas.

There is no broader consensus on who would or wouldn’t follow her beyond those on the field though the sylvanas books frames it as if most wouldn’t be to keen on the idea of a menithil leading again.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas was never Horde

She merely used the faction
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldnt have minded calia if she was integral to the forsaken story. As it is, she was a washed up priest, that got shot by sylvannas, and resurrected by a bunch of alliance members and naruto. Pretty much seals the deal shes a puppet of the alliance.

Lilia Voss is a better character, because she has been in the story since cata and is actually a horde member. Shes powerful, and she has the thought of the forsaken over everyone else. Finally she actually has been interacting with the horde players, and has a proper characterization. (How they should have introduced and played calia if they wanted her to become a leader)

Instead they are trying to force an alliance character on the horde. Unless there is some major reasoning for her to turn her back on the alliance, then why would anyone want her? And ffs, if they bring back the scarlet crusade again.... again... ad the clutch, so help them...

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Meanwhile, the Horde lost Kezan and the Undercity. Gnomeregan has been fully reclaimed lore wise.
    Kezan never belonged to the horde though, only one of its cartels joined the Horde.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Have they lost more compared to the Alliance? I mean they introduced Calia just to turn her undead immediately, and now you got her.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Alan View Post
    Have they lost more compared to the Alliance? I mean they introduced Calia just to turn her undead immediately, and now you got her.
    - cities blown off the map
    - multiple humiliations
    - barely any dev effort
    - any character who's against the Horde is lobotomized or killed off

But none of that compares to the Horde suffering losses of characters who did nothing like Vol'jin and Cairne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    But none of that compares to the Horde suffering losses of characters who did nothing like Vol'jin and Cairne.
    Whatever happened to Vol'jin anyway, wasn't he supposed to have some role in Shadowlands, now that he's dead and a Loa or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Alan View Post
    Whatever happened to Vol'jin anyway, wasn't he supposed to have some role in Shadowlands, now that he's dead and a Loa or something?
    He's not Sylvanas or Anduin, so Danuser and Golden don't care. I wish I was kidding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

My main problem is they keep removing notable horde leaders without building anyone else up.

When alliance removed Varian, they had Anduin aged up and ready to go. When Magni became diamond, they had the council of 3 hammers step in with Moira, Falstad, and Muradin. Falstad and Muradin are notable heroes in the franchise.

Meanwhile, Cairne died and we got Baine, who has since proven to not do much. Thrall stepped down to give Garrosh, which turned into a raid boss. Thrall stepped down again which gave us Vol'jin, who was sat for one xpac then promptly killed, with his story still in limbo. Sylvannas took over and became a raid boss, then was deposed.

Saurfang, the last notable orc alive, died to depose Sylannas, who then left the Horde. Before dying, Saurfang tried to bring Thrall back who said he won't lead the horde again.

So we have leaderless orcs (Thrall is a husk of his former character).

We have leaderless trolls, as Rokhan barely gets any development.

We have leaderless Forsaken, and are literally about to welcome an alliance character, Calia Menethil, as the new leader which grates my gears.

At least Tauren still have Baine, Hamuul, and Magatha for notable characters.

Blood Elves still have Lor'tehmar, Liadrin, Halduron, and the mage (Forgetting name).

Goblins lost Gallywix, and I guess Gazlowe went from neutral to taking over?

The problem is none of these characters feel like heavyweights. They don't carry the same weight as a Genn Greymane, Tyrande, or Velen. Muradin has had way more development than Rokhan and Gallywix in respect to leading their people.

And we have literally no other orcs of note being built up aside from Thrall now that Saurfang is dead.

So when I see people saying Horde bias, I just...I get it. The Horde is the catalyst for a lot of story points. But the Horde is also in way worse narrative state than the Alliance, Night Elf genocide included.

This doesn't even touch on horde characters from previous expansions that were villain batted from the moment they appeared in WoW, Zul'jin being the biggest offender as the game spent two years in vanilla having the Revantusk hyping us for his return (lesser extents of Cho'gall, Kargath Bladefist, and the Warlords from WoD). Yet Alliance characters that return to game, just rejoin the Alliance: Turalyon and Alleria.
    Last edited by wushootaki; 2022-04-07 at 01:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard hates the Horde. This isn't news to anyone.
    LoL.
    Lamo.
    Blizzard are giving YOU what you kept screaming for. Nobody on the right side of 50 wants thrall's horde. A reasonable horde making amends for generations of literal devil worshiping evil and coexisting peacefully with the world they invaded. No. You clowns dropped to you knees before garrosh once he went off the deep end and ever since have reveled in being the evil faction. You want to be portrayed as "badass" mass murderers and larp on the forums.
    So blizzard- whose horde centric ideals have never gone away, just transmuted, have continued to give you what you want. This is the cursory slap on the wrist. The pittance to ensure that the rest of the playerbase won't leave.
    Notice how your horde never learns, never changes and never seems to suffer for what it does. You get to be the "big badass monsters, blood and thunder for the horde" and still exist as a player choice. Not being npc'd is such overwhelming favoritism it's no surprise the victim nitrative you picked up from your faction won't allow you to see it
    Wrath baby and proud of it

stop starting stupid wars, and you won't lose stupid characters

Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    My main problem is they keep removing notable horde leaders without building anyone else up.

When alliance removed Varian, they had Anduin aged up and ready to go. When Magni became diamond, they had the council of 3 hammers step in with Moira, Falstad, and Muradin. Falstad and Muradin are notable heroes in the franchise.

Meanwhile, Cairne died and we got Baine, who has since proven to not do much. Thrall stepped down to give Garrosh, which turned into a raid boss. Thrall stepped down again which gave us Vol'jin, who was sat for one xpac then promptly killed, with his story still in limbo. Sylvannas took over and became a raid boss, then was deposed.

Saurfang, the last notable orc alive, died to depose Sylannas, who then left the Horde. Before dying, Saurfang tried to bring Thrall back who said he won't lead the horde again.

So we have leaderless orcs (Thrall is a husk of his former character).

We have leaderless trolls, as Rokhan barely gets any development.

We have leaderless Forsaken, and are literally about to welcome an alliance character, Calia Menethil, as the new leader which grates my gears.

At least Tauren still have Baine, Hamuul, and Magatha for notable characters.

Blood Elves still have Lor'tehmar, Liadrin, Halduron, and the mage (Forgetting name).

Goblins lost Gallywix, and I guess Gazlowe went from neutral to taking over?

The problem is none of these characters feel like heavyweights. They don't carry the same weight as a Genn Greymane, Tyrande, or Velen. Muradin has had way more development than Rokhan and Gallywix in respect to leading their people.

And we have literally no other orcs of note being built up aside from Thrall now that Saurfang is dead.

So when I see people saying Horde bias, I just...I get it. The Horde is the catalyst for a lot of story points. But the Horde is also in way worse narrative state than the Alliance, Night Elf genocide included.

This doesn't even touch on horde characters from previous expansions that were villain batted from the moment they appeared in WoW, Zul'jin being the biggest offender as the game spent two years in vanilla having the Revantusk hyping us for his return (lesser extents of Cho'gall, Kargath Bladefist, and the Warlords from WoD). Yet Alliance characters that return to game, just rejoin the Alliance: Turalyon and Alleria.
    These are the truth!You see very clearly. Only those with ulterior motives choose not to see.They also like to complain "horde bias’ over and over again.

Your post is detailed and logical, and you are objective.Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueHorde View Post
    Varok,Sylvanas....what did the Hordefans win?? We are all losers!
    Alliance lost Varian thanks to Sylvanas...Alliance could have lost Anduin, once again thanks to Sylvanas. Alliance lost Gilneas thanks to Sylvanas, Alliance lost Teldrassil thanks to Sylvanas. Alliance lost Theramore thanks to Garrosh. Alliance went 4 expansions being on fire from Deathwing while Orgrimmar not only got visual updates but didn't take any damage from a siege

So don't pretend like Alliance has never lost much