Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    honestly this was for the best.

sadly the alliance still gets to keep all its stupidly OP characters.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    Who cares that she burned down a big tree and murdered a bunch of people? Seriously I don't get it.

Didn't Illidan murder a ton of people too? Then help create a portal to serve the legion and only to pledge his support and help murder a ton more people?

So Illidan = cool, Sylvanas = bad? da fuk its WORLD OF WARCRAFT.
    Illidan was defeated, by us. Punishment for his sins. We didn’t get that with Sylvanas. So with Illidan returning in Legion, it was a new chapter after he had paid the price for his mistakes. Released only to help against the burning legion, but locked away not as the jailed but as a jailer. He didn’t get away with dick. He is still locked away, just this time by duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    People hype Danuser as the big Sylvanas fanboy, but ignore that Alliance players basically have an absolute heckler's veto over everything that ends up happening in the lore. Glad I unsubbed. Amused that I read this after a day where I was strongly thinking about resubbing just to "give it another chance". Ha, no.
    Yeah, because Alliance wanted to lose Theramore, Darnassus, all Elven Forests (and the nearly the entire race itself), High Elves, basically all of Kalimdor without getting anything in return. You're being ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    What "Horde bias writer"? Who... exactly? There only is Christie Golden.

And yes, it absolutely is a bad thing. If you tell a story you should focus your sorry ass on writing a story, not on jerking off one part of the crowd while alienating the other. If you are too stupid to do that you aren't really a writer. You are a fanboy writing fanfiction. And that counts for this evidently 100% incompetent bunch at Blizzard as much as anyone else who writes "official" content for this.
    Steve you muppet. Ask for a better horde writer.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Yeah, because Alliance wanted to lose Theramore, Darnassus, all Elven Forests (and the nearly the entire race itself), High Elves, basically all of Kalimdor without getting anything in return. You're being ridiculous.
    You don't get it. The Alliance losing a bunch of territory on cue, being humiliated turned into an incompetent target dummy and then told to get over it only to be thrown some sacrificial scapegoat character is actually big Alliance bias.

Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    So now Horde are force-fed Calia Menethil, an ALLIANCE CHARACTER as the new leader of the Forsaken.

Cool...

Cool..
    yup, Danuser's second pet after Sylvanus is Calia... and not just an alliance character, a literal complete 180 of the Forsaken is now being pushed as the "saviour" and "leader" of the Forsaken. The one who will "help and guide" the forsaken, and somehow "helped" the undead kaldorei despite her having zero knowledge or experience about the forsaken and undeath.

And the whole "light undead" thing is another level of stupid and retconning to make happen.

She literally is not even an actual undead like any of the Forsaken, so she doesn't have any experience of what being raised does to a soul, the fear/rejection/hate from others by becoming Forsaken... yet we're meant to buy that she can "help" the forsaken and was able to help the undead kaldorei "find peace" or w.e it was, like wat? -_-

why is Faol not the one doing all this when he has both the experience and knowledge to help the forsaken and undead kaldorei?

Danuser's created a new pet character and has been forcing her so hard into the Forsaken clearly as the new sylvanus character, while ignoring all the existing Forsaken characters that should be taking lead: Faol, Belmont, Voss and so on.

the one a similar note, how the heck is Calia is readily allowed into horde council meetings? how are horde characters just so easily trusting her? not to mention how Calia has zero knowledge or experience about leadership or politics (as Arthas was trained for that instead of her), so what the heck is she even doing there?

such a terrible character... and it's not like Calia couldn't work, cause she could have if she was just another regular Forsaken instead of being a stupid special light bulb, cause Danuser can't not have his creations being special in some way. And stop forcing her so quickly into things, let her naturally settle into the Forsaken and learn about them instead of how she's already being talked about as being special, and somehow already able to "help and guide" undead
    Last edited by voidox; 2022-03-23 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    With a time capsule you put stuff in Bury it for X years then dig it up to remember things from your past, the soul splits are the same thing but instead of having items from your past it just has you from that point in time
    In it.

The soul split it self also did nothing to sylvanas as a person she still had all her capacities and free will, it was the trauma that arthas Inflicted on her and every thing there after that shaped her into the sylvanas we have known and when the ranger general sees the outcome of that she doesn’t want to accept that she could have gone so dark no matter what which is the conflict of that one cinematic.

As to punishment. The ranger general sylvanas isn’t her own person she accepts that dark ranger sylvanas is where she did end up post arthas and they fuse giving sylvanas a new perspective. she’s still guilty of the night elf genocide the blight and every thing else she’s just come upon a new perspective that makes her rethink her actions which doesn’t mean she should be free from the consequences of her actions.
    Thanks for that time capsule stuff.

I get that Nice Ranger Sylv might wanna accept responsibility, but given all we've seen it still makes no sense to me. That part of her "soul" still behaves like it has a mind and agency of its own, and is repulsed by the Dark Ranger Sylv and her actions. Which makes sense, Dark Ranger Sylv (which we've apparently been following for years) has a completly different personality to Nice Ranger. Sylvanas wasn't in control, she was split into two beings, and the Dark one had the reins.

That's why it seems unfair that the entire Sylvanas is supposed to be paying for everything. If anything, it's Jailers (or Primuses, or whatever) fault entirely. His tool (Arthas) split the soul of Sylvanas and used only the "evil" part for his schemes, leaving that evil part back in the world afterwards. First it was direct domination on her soul, then indirect, leaving only the bad part in. Entire Ranger Sylvanas had no way to prevent that, so why is she entirely responsible?

I guess we should craft another Mourneblade, 4th one if I'm counting right, split Sylvanas soul yet again, and fuck it, let the Evil part do the "Return lost souls" quest, and good can stick around, she did nothing wrong.

i despise danuser but nice that slyvAnus is actually not playing the victim mind-controlled card.

So... Tyrande let the one who killed all her people and put their souls in agony in charge of rescuing them. And she is simply watched by an owl...

You hardly can't say "I don't really care about those souls" better than that.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus Christ, this becoming My Immortal levels of writing. Is there a petition we can sign to get this guy out of a lead position and just retcon the entirety of Shadowlands out of existence? Like the second half of BFA was kinda bad only because it felt rushed and had a disappointing kamehameha ending- but it didn't reach out to years of lore and almost every established important character and use it as it's personal ass rag. Shadowlands itself isolate is bad writing, it like WoD can eventually be forgotten, if it was just boring or bad writing. The problem is that this grips hold of old characters, makes them act completely out character, and then retcons almost 20 years of lore with loogie spit on top.

Sylvanas isn't getting tortured, she's just gonna have to redo the "Return Lost Souls" quest until the Maw is empty.

Which actually might be worse. XD

What are you talking about? Alliance is also loosing Tyrande's owl in this scenario. It apperead in more than 3 in-game cinematics as far as I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by woodnf1 View Post
    Sylvanas isn't getting tortured, she's just gonna have to redo the "Return Lost Souls" quest until the Maw is empty.

Which actually might be worse. XD
    Point exactly.

Much deserved after making ME suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mentaldemise View Post
    Oh boy, sticking the antagonist of the story right back into the maw now that there's a massive power vacuum since its missing the jailer is exactly the 3IQ writing I've come to expect when it comes to shadowlands characters and their motivations.

I honestly wish this was a joke but I just heard the voice lines.
    There always have to be a jailer!

Quote Originally Posted by TrueHorde View Post
    Varok,Sylvanas....what did the Hordefans win?? We are all losers!
    Good riddance to Sylvanas. Now let's just hope Blizz works on making the 'council' members more palatable and less condescendingly pure-purity goodness.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    For me, Sylvanas is basically (and has been for about a decade) the character equivalent of a story that is finished and concluded, but then the author creates an unnecessary sequel to it to make money or because of fan demand, or because said author cannot let go of the story.
    Well honestly her jumping off of ice crown and having the Valkyr ressing her had to lead somewhere, it just went down a path that forked off in legion, unfortunately Dan took the shit one. Same thing with garrosh, forked off in cata and then went to shit in mop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    So... Tyrande let the one who killed all her people and put their souls in agony in charge of rescuing them. And she is simply watched by an owl...

You hardly can't say "I don't really care about those souls" better than that.
    And have someone else clean up her cosmic mess? No way, this is perfect. You're talking about billions of souls fr.worlds across the universe that she has to save.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Thanks for that time capsule stuff.

I get that Nice Ranger Sylv might wanna accept responsibility, but given all we've seen it still makes no sense to me. That part of her "soul" still behaves like it has a mind and agency of its own, and is repulsed by the Dark Ranger Sylv and her actions. Which makes sense, Dark Ranger Sylv (which we've apparently been following for years) has a completly different personality to Nice Ranger. Sylvanas wasn't in control, she was split into two beings, and the Dark one had the reins.

That's why it seems unfair that the entire Sylvanas is supposed to be paying for everything. If anything, it's Jailers (or Primuses, or whatever) fault entirely. His tool (Arthas) split the soul of Sylvanas and used only the "evil" part for his schemes, leaving that evil part back in the world afterwards. First it was direct domination on her soul, then indirect, leaving only the bad part in. Entire Ranger Sylvanas had no way to prevent that, so why is she entirely responsible?

I guess we should craft another Mourneblade, 4th one if I'm counting right, split Sylvanas soul yet again, and fuck it, let the Evil part do the "Return lost souls" quest, and good can stick around, she did nothing wrong.
    From all appearances while they might have separate personality’s when first reunited that seems to stop being the case when they comes to terms with each other and fuse leading to one personality with a new perspective instead of two in the same body.

Rather a captured part of a soul could ever function on its own is up in the air Mabye if freed from the gem it would have been a ghost of sylvanas or Mabye it would have just faded away like arthas without enough soul to Sustain it self.

As for a mournblade and what it would do that’s also up in the air Mabye one could be made to re remove the ranger general part but it could also just mean that it makes a current copy of sylvanas and the general shard is for ever a part of her again from this point forward.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

cant wait for Sylvanas to return eons later after scheeming a 5000 IQ plan.

Eh give it 5 years. We'll be back because Sylvanas is now the ruler of the MAW and has been absorbing alternate realities into it in order to boost her power.

Imagine thinking Blizzard would genuinely kill a titular character. See you in a couple expansions girl, hope hell is badass.
    "Today and forever I am your better, Arthas." - Illidan Stormrage