Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    About the response I'd expect from you after you're proved wrong by your own quotes. But go ahead and keep thinking you're the authority on how MMO's should be played, the reality will remain that no one else cares because they're too busy finding their own ways to have fun.
    I asked you to you back up your statements but you couldnt. You made several false quotes, you dismissed miriam webster as a bad dictionary and yet not once where you able to procure your own source for any of your arguments.

If you accuse me of having written something and then refuse to actually specify where that quote is from then you are not worth effort arguing against.

The burden of proof is on you and you failed to deliver.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I think that the “real” problem is not incentivize group content, is more, for Blizzard, make grouping faster and easier.

A lot of people me included would love to do M+ but they can’t afford to waste half of their play time to find or form a group.
    Thats a good point.

Personally i think the biggest problem atm is the weekly vault. Incentivising doing a specific amount of "high" keys per week or you miss the loot forever from that vault is kind of poor game design.

I think its because they for some reason are scared of people gearing up too fast and then running out of content.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I asked you to you back up your statements but you couldnt. You made several false quotes, you dismissed miriam webster as a bad dictionary and yet not once where you able to procure your own source for any of your arguments.

If you accuse me of having written something and then refuse to actually specify where that quote is from then you are not worth effort arguing against.

The burden of proof is on you and you failed to deliver.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats a good point.

Personally i think the biggest problem atm is the weekly vault. Incentivising doing a specific amount of "high" keys per week or you miss the loot forever from that vault is kind of poor game design.

I think its because they for some reason are scared of people gearing up too fast and then running out of content.
    I don’t have the metrics but it’s clear that whatever Blizzard does, there will be always people who rush content and will quickly starve with content. They should not consider those and wrap content around “the average”, whatever the average is.

ZM for example is tuned correctly pace wise but now I’m basically done apart from set pieces and one weapon, don’t have much will to repeat all the process with alts, feels kinda pointless.

But again the main issue of group content is grouping itself, nowadays. I will switch to D3 S26 in the weekend and probably won’t be back in WoW for the next 3 months or so.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The vault shouldnt give any equipment of real value.
    Maybe secondary equipment, but nothing BIS, ever... ever again.

That should come from raid bosses, not even from dungeons, not even from M+

M+ should be done for fun, and get some loot, but never BIS equipment either.

Hate it all you want, that´s how I see it.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    ITT: raiders mad that they can't be boosted by good players who don't bother doing raids anymore and just play with their friends/other good players in keys

ITT: raiders mad they aren't the focus anymore, which is hilarious since the vast majority of them are sweaty try-hards anyway and still farm keys for the very thing they complain about

Also ITT: kids mad they can't get loot to drop in raid (or are trash and watch better players get it ML'd to them) and mad that Jimmy Badhunter got 4pc at 278 from doing a single 15 overtime each week the last month

Even so, I'd still like a way to get shit you want out of the box or from tokens or something else. Just removing stuff from keys is never going to happen and is a dumb idea. Raiders are a dying class and it amuses me because the real raiding community that I grew up with is gone and dead and replaced by you sweaters so it amuses me to see you be replaced by someone else.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post

Yeah, fuck people who don't want to raid, they should be forced into raid so they can have fun!

Just do what they've done with pvp gear, scale m+ gear higher in m+ and raid gear higher in raids, cap it at 275 in overworld / "wrong" content

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post

What if someone else comes in and says that BIS equipment should come from dungeons and raids should be done for fun?
    After all it's not called Raid of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    ITT: raiders mad that they can't be boosted by good players who don't bother doing raids anymore and just play with their friends/other good players in keys

ITT: raiders mad they aren't the focus anymore, which is hilarious since the vast majority of them are sweaty try-hards anyway and still farm keys for the very thing they complain about

Also ITT: kids mad they can't get loot to drop in raid (or are trash and watch better players get it ML'd to them) and mad that Jimmy Badhunter got 4pc at 278 from doing a single 15 overtime each week the last month

Even so, I'd still like a way to get shit you want out of the box or from tokens or something else. Just removing stuff from keys is never going to happen and is a dumb idea. Raiders are a dying class and it amuses me because the real raiding community that I grew up with is gone and dead and replaced by you sweaters so it amuses me to see you be replaced by someone else.
    You got some extreme bias going on in your logic there bro

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    What if someone else comes in and says that BIS equipment should come from dungeons and raids should be done for fun?
    After all it's not called Raid of Warcraft.
    I honestly think that would kill wow.

You got some extreme bias going on in your logic there bro

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly think that would kill wow.
    Would it? Pretty sure that are waaaaaaaaaaay more people not raiding than there are raiding.

Also, wasn't suggesting that with a straight face of course. Just to point out that making any of the PVP, M+, Raiding to be done just for fun without offering player progression, would be as dumb as it gets.
    Last edited by kranur; 2022-04-11 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Would it? Pretty sure that are waaaaaaaaaaay more people not raiding than there are raiding.

Also, wasn't suggesting that with a straight face of course. Just to point out that making any of the PVP, M+, Raiding to be done just for fun without offering player progression, would be as dumb as it gets.
    I agree yes, there are many more people not raiding. But the people farming, offering boosts, stocking the AH and so forth are raiders. I'm sure some people play it as a 100% solo game but i doubt its worth any effort on blizzards side to maintain new expansions or content for them alone.

I think one of the most important innovations is the catalyst for creation, I really hope they keep that in the future.

This sums up everything you have said in all your posts to me :P

Not a single place - not ONE single place - do you provide a source for your assumptions.

Its impossible to have an actual discussion when your idea of an argument is: "NUR I AM RIGHT" lol
    He is absolutely right, you have no argument, only your feelings. While literally everything else pointing that your feelings are totally unrelated to reality and majority.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    He is absolutely right, you have no argument, only your feelings. While literally everything else pointing that your feelings are totally unrelated to reality and majority.
    I've presented arguments for everything i've said - if you can point towards something and ask for clarification then feel free.

On the other hand he refuses to name the sources of the oppinions he attributed to me out of the blue.

Just because i dont agree with you doesnt mean you have to act like a drone towards anyone with the same opinion as you. Its never a good idea to blindly agree with soemone.

While literally everything else pointing that your feelings are totally unrelated to reality and majority
    This is possibly the furthest thing from a coherent sentence i've read on these forums in at least 3 weeks
    Last edited by ClassicPeon; 2022-04-11 at 05:04 PM.

I've presented arguments for everything i've said - if you can point towards something and ask for clarification then feel free.

On the other hand he refuses to name the sources of the oppinions he attributed to me out of the blue.

Just because i dont agree with you doesnt mean you have to act like a drone towards anyone with the same opinion as you. Its never a good idea to blindly agree with soemone.

This is possibly the furthest thing i've read from a coherent sentence on these forums in at least 3 weeks
    You did not, you think group content needs some kind of bribe to get people into it which currently isn't working. That's not argument, that is just your feeling. Which btw was already debunked by Ghostcrawler years ago.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

You did not, you think group content needs some kind of bribe to get people into it which currently isn't working. That's not argument, that is just your feeling. Which btw was already debunked by Ghostcrawler years ago.
    You did not, you think group content needs some kind of bribe to get people into it which currently isn't working
    This is not a complete sentence.

That's not argument, that is just your feeling.
    its an opinion, its not a feeling.

My opinion is that there should be an incentive for doing harder and more troublesome content, yes. Especially because this is an mmo.

Which btw was already debunked by Ghostcrawler years ago.
    What?

While literally everything else pointing that your feelings are totally unrelated to reality and majority
    Also feel free to elaborate on this masterpiece of a galaxybrain statement.

This is not a complete sentence.

its an opinion, its not a feeling.

My opinion is that there should be an incentive for doing harder and more troublesome content, yes. Especially because this is an mmo.

What?

Also feel free to elaborate on this masterpiece of a galaxybrain statement.
    If you are having problems processing simple senteces then no wonder you can't formulate proper argument.

"Especially because this is an mmo." - So its simply based on your feelings.
    Adams surmised it quite nicely here https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53693925

Bribing people to do group content (by making shit experience for everyone else) is not going to work, has never worked and will not work.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Adams surmised it quite nicely here https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53693925

Bribing people to do group content (by making shit experience for everyone else) is not going to work, has never worked and will not work.
    If you are having problems processing simple senteces then no wonder you can't formulate proper argument.
    I dont. Its just that your sentences are not coherent. I guess thats why you refuse to elaborate on them aswell.

You keep conflating "feeling" with "opinion". Perhaps its the poor English kicking in again but those two are not synonyms.

Its also not really my opinion that its an mmo - its a fact.

If by bribing people you men incentivizing them then i'd counter argue with an actual argument:

It worked pretty damn well up until they stopped doing it. Wow being the biggest ever mmo by far with literally no close competition for nearly a decade.
    Last edited by ClassicPeon; 2022-04-12 at 08:21 AM.

I dont. Its just that your sentences are not coherent. I guess thats why you refuse to elaborate on them aswell.

You keep conflating "feeling" with "opinion". Perhaps its the poor English kicking in again but those two are not synonyms.

Its also not really my opinion that its an mmo - its a fact.

If by bribing people you men incentivizing them then i'd counter argue with an actual argument:

It worked pretty damn well up until they stopped doing it. Wow being the biggest ever mmo by far with literally no close competition for nearly a decade.
    No, its your problems with reading comprehension.

Your interpretation of what is mmo is your opinion.

Also They did not stop doing it, they started bribing people into raids by making all other gear absolute garbage, did not work. Made raids harder, which made entire problem even bigger.

So you are simply wrong.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

No, its your problems with reading comprehension.

Your interpretation of what is mmo is your opinion.

Also They did not stop doing it, they started bribing people into raids by making all other gear absolute garbage, did not work. Made raids harder, which made entire problem even bigger.

So you are simply wrong.
    Its fairly obvious, at this point, that you are arguing from bad faith. Instead of pointing out what your post means you just do the same thing your friend did, and act like the truth doesnt need any argumentation

Its not my opinion that wow is an mmo its a fact. You can feel free to look it up. I'm not sure why i have to discuss such basic things with you.

Also They did not stop doing it, they started bribing people into raids by making all other gear absolute garbage
    What in the world are you talking about. The gear discrepancy between raids and everything else where much larger in Wrath when sub numbers where at an all time high and the game literally dominated the market.

Why are you so fact resistant?

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Im ok with this. 1st of all they are doing this becasue tier sets are pretty much overpowered. They could burn down affixes ur give sets for the ppl. In past expansions they would just burn down to the ground affix effectivnes to make it just cosmetic. Now they change the strategy and gave sets to the ppl. Im really impressed about this decision and happy :P
    That avoids dealing with the problem that 5manning is broken beyond level 18 or level 20. The game has dozens of specs so it's easy to have a handful of specs dominate 5mans (20manning has metas too but e.g. even if you stack 5druids: there's still room for more classes).

Adding a 13th class now will make it worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    That avoids dealing with the problem that 5manning is broken beyond level 18 or level 20. The game has dozens of specs so it's easy to have a handful of specs dominate 5mans (20manning has metas too but e.g. even if you stack 5druids: there's still room for more classes).

Adding a 13th class now will make it worse.
    Dunno how its over 18 or more tbh. There will be always meta in here no chance to balance it forever between classes. Game is flowing stats gear specs talents are flowing all over again. It just cant be balanced to be equal for every class :P We just had to deal with it. Dps warrior was ass early SL now its top tier. Anyway this thread is about sets and vault accesability of it :P Im still on it. Thats good idea.
    Last edited by czarek; 2022-04-20 at 10:13 AM.