Thread: Hopes for 10.0?

Post Hopes for 10.0?

Given all these "leaks" and the 19th April fast approaching i am dreaming of changes (for feral mainly)
    What are your personal hopes for druid in 10.0

- less reliance on systems
    - vendor gear with badge systems
    - better secondary itemization (HAH fat chance)
    - bringing in more old content instead of letting it die off
    - less vertical progression systems and more horizontal progression systems
    - WAYYYYY more open world content
    - less random acquisition/upgrade bs like conduits
    - Bring back reforging, crafted sockets, more enchants etc etc. like wotlk was
    - make crafting wayyy better. it used to be that engineering had the best helps but not anymore really
    Last edited by bloodykiller86; 2022-03-23 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    - less reliance on systems
    - vendor gear with badge systems
    - better secondary itemization (HAH fat chance)
    - bringing in more old content instead of letting it die off
    - less vertical progression systems and more horizontal progression systems
    - WAYYYYY more open world content
    - less random acquisition/upgrade bs like conduits
    - Bring back reforging, crafted sockets, more enchants etc etc. like wotlk was
    - make crafting wayyy better. it used to be that engineering had the best helps but not anymore really
    None of these are specific to druid though, are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    None of these are specific to druid though, are they?
    lol i didnt even see that this was the druid forum my bad :P

I'd really like for Convoke to find a place in the feral toolkit. It feels like a roided out Feral Frenzy with additional versatility because it'll change with your current form...
    In other words, it would be a good replacement for Feral Frenzy! Albeit tuned down a couple notches.

Speaking of which, it's still bothersome that we have to talent into Feral Frenzy, so it would be awesome to have it baseline (whether Convoke replaces it or not).

There is a few things id love changed / added to feral. As its the spec i play the most and enjoy the most.

Talents

Talents in the most part need a redesign. To many strong passive talents that make our rotation feel lack luster and not much flavour. I know blizzard wants to move away from "Strong dot classes" but its what made feral seem so fun in the past. Not many ferocious bites but when you could it felt meaty.

Main talents i want gone or changed are Sabertooth. Maybe I speak for myself.. putting Rip up then "forgetting" about it is not fun. Id rather have the old "bleed targets have 10% more crit" talent we had. Sabertooth should be further down and changed back into its old version, below 25% rip is refreshed, Making those executes more meaning full.

Renewal, Why is this here? on a seemingly utility tier. I have no idea right now what could go here, Somthing "fun" maybe somthing like the conduit we have when we leave X form we retain some speed.

Why is wild charge a talent when it feels more like a base line move? Make wild charge base line and give the talent a "perk" to Wild charge, maybe increased distance, make it so instead of flying to the target for feral leap it is instant. Somthing to make the spell "buffed"

Heart of the wild - For a CC tier row this feels weird. i understand being baseline could make it too powerful. Could replacing it with another CC we lost or even buffing cyclone in a way and nerfing heart to make it more baseline friendly could be cool.

Soul of the forest needs a nerf, or Savage needs a buff. A passive shouldnt be stronger then an active. I personally miss having Savage base line and juggling all the spinning plates. But iv played feral going back to TBC. I understand people dont like these buffs ( my rogue friend hates slice and dice back ) but i guess im just old.

Scent of blood can be completeing removed and replaced with Saber to have a more "single" target talent focus. Brutal slash should be used only for "there is some AOE here lets take this / burst AOE" and Primal Wrath just needs to replace the original rip with the wrath and make it say "when Rip hits more then X targets its duration is decreased to X secs" Basicly what it does now just no need for 2 keybinds for the same spell.

Moment is fine, Bloodtalons i thought id hate the new way to proc it. i kinda like it now. and Feral Frenzy / Ashmanes.. i feel id like another "short CD" kinda spell kinda like how ashmanes was in legion, i really liked that.

What id like to see outside of a talent overhaul.. ofc our damage fixxed. More raid utility so we aint laughed at when we sign for a raid or a guild. That is all i really want.. i cant think of new spells or anything like that as i feel we are pretty fine as we are. Would just like to see damage pushed into bleeds more and not ferocious bite. If talents could make both happen thats cool but we all know one will be better then the other.

Having more "hybrid" spells back could be fun too. Even without an affinity could i have Rejuv and Regrowth? Get the frenzied Regen back but weaker and the affinity buffs it. I mained a feral years back because we was hybrid. Throw me into a room and i could handle it. Now i feel like a "feral" not a "druid"

I just want more races made druids or new forms.
    Also for them to rework talents that are never used or feral in general, the spec has been struggling since Legion and just plain buffing numbers isnt a long time solution

And make other forms mountable - cant customize fly form or use new cheetah if you want to keep utility
    Last edited by Dashuria; 2022-03-28 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashuria View Post
    I just want more races made druids or new forms.
    Also for them to rework talents that are never used or feral in general, the spec has been struggling since Legion and just plain buffing numbers isnt a long time solution

And make other forms mountable - cant customize fly form or use new cheetah if you want to keep utility
    You can change your travel forms independently of having mount form. Just visit the barber shop in any capital city.

No more borrowed power endless grind please.
    Also I hope they give us new things instead of copying stuff from FF14.
    It'd also be sweet if they actually change the talent tree system. It's been too boring for too long now.

Quote Originally Posted by FGO View Post
    No more borrowed power endless grind please.
    Also I hope they give us new things instead of copying stuff from FF14.
    It'd also be sweet if they actually change the talent tree system. It's been too boring for too long now.
    So what about borrowed power without a grind, like in SL?

And FFXIV has copied at least as much from WoW. Entire classes gameplay, at times.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish that they would bring mana regeneration back as a stat that players can actually control via gear (Using the spirit stat or otherwise). I liked the ability to differentiate my play style based on gearing for Mana Regeneration. You could gear for throughput and cast fewer but more powerful spells, or you could gear for regen and cast weaker spells, but be able to cast more of them overall, or use inefficient spells more frequently.

I would also like them to give some polish to timer-based gameplay. Currently Mythic+ creates this GO GO GO mentality that is punishing for healers. I could be in a group where I have to use more mana than I should have had to in order to carry people in the group who don't know how to do mechanics properly, but then when I stop to drink afterwards, I get raged at for stopping. And of course there is this crazy concept called real life, where maybe a delivery driver is knocking on your door, or maybe your baby started crying, etc, but because of the timer you can't leave for any reason, even after a boss or between trash pulls. Maybe add a pause button that can be used by each player once per dungeon? Or maybe even a "vote-to-pause" mechanic that works similar to the current vote-to-kick system?

I also agree in many ways with what others have said regarding borrowed power.

As a Resto Druid, I'm pretty happy with how things are. But I find it disturbing how many of the things that have become core to my game-play are based on borrowed power or mechanics unique to this expansion. That makes me wonder how much of all of this is going to simply go away next expansion, leaving the class gutted, etc.

For example, I've used the Verdant Infusion legendary almost the entire expansion. I don't like the gameplay mechanic of having Swiftmend remove a HoT from a player, and the Verdant Infusion legendary fixes that. So what happens when that legendary goes away?

I like Convoke the Spirits quite a bit, but that is probably going away.

I make great use of the Flash of Clarity conduit, which when combined with the fact that Clearcasting doesn't go away when you use innervate allows me to turn innervate into a powerful healing cooldown by being able to spam clearcast-boosted regrowths. That's probably going away.

I like the Empowered Chrysalis covenant ability which actually gives my healing an absorb component. Probably going away.

And there is more that I'm not remembering at this exact moment.
    Last edited by GotNoRice; 2022-04-15 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodravel View Post
    I'd really like for Convoke to find a place in the feral toolkit. It feels like a roided out Feral Frenzy with additional versatility because it'll change with your current form...
    In other words, it would be a good replacement for Feral Frenzy! Albeit tuned down a couple notches.

Speaking of which, it's still bothersome that we have to talent into Feral Frenzy, so it would be awesome to have it baseline (whether Convoke replaces it or not).
    no. if you put convoke in talent trees its either MUST pick or its so bad that nobody will ever take it

make it baseline or just leave it out

The devs have said that they are sorry for the hybridity lost with MoP (new talent system) and plan to bring that aspect back into the game.

This is HUGE! And my hope is that they succeed in doing that. One of the reasons that I have such fond memories of WotLK is that (1) Feral did competitive dps and (2) I could switch to tanking by basically changing my gear. I could also off-tank by just switching into bear mid-fight, which was awesome. I could also off-heal.

I hope, they bring back that kind of gameplay. I’d played my Feral like that since 2005 and really enjoy that gameplay - but it clashes with the generally shared value and goal of the dps in a group/raid being more focused on throughput (“beating” the other dps’ers) than actual problem solving during the encounter.

I also hope for a bit more engaging and fun gameplay when tanking as a Druid - specifically, I hope for some awesomeness and mobility! DH, Monks and Warriors are super mobile these days - Feral tanks used to be mobile as well! Now, Guardians lack mobility and speed. You can switch to cat form, but you risk being killed. We also lack a snare, which all other tanks have iirc.

The awesomeness bit? Well, I just feel that we’re somewhat underwhelming in that department. We had the on-use effect of our artefact weapon back in Legion, but that went away. And when I look at the other tanks, bears seem very bland. I’m not talking about needing new a look - like new forms/skins. I’m talking about adding cool effects to already existing abilities and adding new and awesome abilities. Meeting an angry bear in real life is a terrifying experience - not so much in WoW. When we look at fictional universes like Lord of the Rings/Middle Earth, the discrepancy to how WoW depicts bears is even more obvious. Beorn (in The Hobbit) was so feared that he was able to scare Orcs from attacking him! They knew what was up with that dude.

I think a lot of what’s missing in the Feral lifestyle will be fixed by bringing back hybridity. Having fights where I can once again use most forms and ability to handle various mechanics will be awesome. But we also need some updates in the department of awesome, because the other tank specs have evolved over the years.