Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Actually I like this ending all things considered.

Would I prefer her decapitated? Absolutely.
    Agreed.

Tyrande walks up to her, closes her eyes, pulls out a glaive and decapitates her. Everyone looks on like "Bruh...". She walks away, opens her eyes, they're Night Warrior black, and they start to fade back to her normal eyes as she says "Vengeance, for Teldrasil"

I'm starting to think most of the Sylvanas book is going to be Flashbacks while she's doing her Maw Dailies/Weeklies.

And on a side note, i was thinking on my way into work this morning, there's a serious lack of outside the game lore for what's going on this expansion. Like... BFA had all the Saurfang cinematics, this time there's been like... nothing.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Should have let tyrande tear her throat out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Depends if that was part of the power being given to her by the Jailer.
    I do like the theories that Sylvanas was Zovaal's soulbind and that's where she got her power from.

If that were the case then would there soul link being destroyed when he was defeated or she Pelagos's soulbind now. I am not sure if the book will touch on the issue at all but would be interesting at least.

Going to be interesting to see if Blizz thinks they can bring her back in the forseeable future or if they think that they burned and buried the character with this whole storyline. I currently can't imagine that anyone wants to see her back in Azeroth(as everything that made her interesting was ruined over and over again). Then again: Afterlife is a potentially interesting zone for Blizz as you can basicly turn it upside down and change laws of existance/reality without of having to write too much of a story....and it stays in one "region" and doesn't impact all of Azeroth permanently. In Azeroth you would have to use methods like time jumping for such a big change...

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    Seems more like a banshee thing tbh. They are floating ghosts/specters after all, she is just one that also has a physical body and apparently could partially change between them.. that is at least what it looked like to me.
    I think the rule of cool applies here. In the BFA cinematic she is shown de-materializing and re-materializing her body at a different location when assaulting the alliance siege tower, but that shouldn't be possible if she is only a ghost (banshee) possessing a physical body. She also does the teleport thing in HotS

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    And on a side note, i was thinking on my way into work this morning, there's a serious lack of outside the game lore for what's going on this expansion. Like... BFA had all the Saurfang cinematics, this time there's been like... nothing.
    Wasn't there a tweet or somehing a while ago about some of the UI designers (or some other completely unrelated division) making some of the cutscenes now? I always figured the actual cinematics division was busy making proper cinematics for D4 and OW2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BarosanuNr1 View Post
    I think the rule of cool applies here. In the BFA cinematic she is shown de-materializing and re-materializing her body at a different location when assaulting the alliance siege tower, but that shouldn't be possible if she is only a ghost (banshee) possessing a physical body. She also does the teleport thing in HotS
    I guess that is some dark ranger shadowmelding/stepping or some such. I mean her class is practically a more edgy hybrid of a marksman huntard and a sub/assa rogue. The Lost smoke monster part being because of her "race".
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2022-03-24 at 04:30 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhelyo View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I can already see it. At the end of 12.3 patch. A cinematic is shown. A strange figure we used to know walks up to a big urn which is almost fill with soul ash. She is carrying a soul,the last one in the Maw. She throws it in the urn and BOOM it explodes from all that soul ash. The camera is then pointed at that figures face just under her nose revealing only her lips and chin saying: Alas,my time has finally returned. Introducing 13.0 : World of Warcraft Return of Sylvanas soul ash cap reached.
    We can joke about it, but its probably going to happen something along these lines. Hopefully we are YEARS of it happening.

Wait, Tyrande leaves her owl in the maw to watch Sylvanas? Did I read that right? I think Tyrande might be the real bad guy here. Worst pet owner in azeroth
    Last edited by bmjclark; 2022-03-24 at 04:39 PM.

It's very meta that Blizzard realizes that Maw dailies were akin to torture for eternity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Wait, Tyrande leaves her owl in the maw to watch Sylvanas? Did I read that right? I think Tyrande might be the real bad guy here. Worst pet owner in azeroth
    its a spirit owl so its all good

#TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Rhelyo View Post
    May you rest in peace Sylvanas my queen. Alas another great name of the old game goes into the recycle bin alongside Arthas,Illidan,Garrosh,Voljin and many many many more.
    Now who is next in line for the Horde death list?

- - - Updated - - -

I can already see it. At the end of 12.3 patch. A cinematic is shown. A strange figure we used to know walks up to a big urn which is almost fill with soul ash. She is carrying a soul,the last one in the Maw. She throws it in the urn and BOOM it explodes from all that soul ash. The camera is then pointed at that figures face just under her nose revealing only her lips and chin saying: Alas,my time has finally returned. Introducing 13.0 : World of Warcraft Return of Sylvanas soul ash cap reached.
    Hey, recycle is right! All but Garrosh have the potential to return, even Arthas can be retconned to have had a "split soul" hidden somewheres. Sylvanas just needs to spend her "1000 years in exile" just like Alleria already has, Voljin is already being reborn a Loa, and Illidan is just stuck in a prison for the third time...he seems to like those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard should have left her dead at the end of ICC.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Blizzard should have left her dead at the end of ICC.
    Honestly its the tricky point of all Forsaken. They were a faction with a very specific goal, one that let them get away with a lot of 'ends justify the means' with what they were doing. Then with the LK dead they don't have much point. They can rot forever, or die and go to the afterlife.

If the end of Wrath were the end of WC4, I wouldn't be surprised if the Forsaken didn't return in WC5 or were a minor foot note, or just turned into a tragic villain to kill off.

But because this is an MMO and people love their (sub)factions the Forsaken are perpetuated forever.

And then they'll bring her back after 1 patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    Hey, recycle is right! All but Garrosh have the potential to return, even Arthas can be retconned to have had a "split soul" hidden somewheres. Sylvanas just needs to spend her "1000 years in exile" just like Alleria already has, Voljin is already being reborn a Loa, and Illidan is just stuck in a prison for the third time...he seems to like those.
    Illidan likes being Top Bunk in the jailhouse

#TeamFuckEverything

Yeah this is about as shitty an end as I imagined they would do. She will be back in 10.1 as the new Magni to warn us of the coming new bigger badder big bad after killing the throwaway release boss. Her and Tyrande will probably hug and kiss and begin a lesbian relationship and the surviving Night Elves will probably throw her a parade and name her an honorary Night Elf. And we will just like be, walking on water for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by arrantprac View Post
    At 20 souls per week she's gonna be there a looooooong time.
    Let's be generous and assume that 2 million subscribers have been gathering souls from the Maw for the entire year which is about 50% done.
    Sylvanas has the glorious task of collecting 104 000 000 souls.
    Even if she hauled ass and collected 2000 souls per week that would still take her 1 000 years.
    Her punishment would be 10 times less painful than what Illidan endured and all he did was spill a phial.

But how will the "but the jailor controlled her" people react now, when Sylvanas herself says that he didnt control her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Milky Way > Earth > Europe > The Netherlands
    I bet Dori'thur is like "What the heck, Tyrande?! Now I have to babysit her forever? Thanks -.- ".

On the only plus side, its over finally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shifts View Post
    I bet Dori'thur is like "What the heck, Tyrande?! Now I have to babysit her forever? Thanks -.- ".
    Ha! I thought that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    But how will the "but the jailor controlled her" people react now, when Sylvanas herself says that he didnt control her.
    He didn't control her when she made the big bad choices, people have to accept that.