Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Pelagos might be motivated to release Sylvanas at some point when growing threats cannot be contained any longer. We are going to need those Dark Ranger players after all. Heroes (the players) going to need all the help they can get in order to fulfill their destiny. And there is no better master Dark Ranger than Sylvanas herself.

What's next for Sylvanas?! Rooting in dungeon doesn't do anyone any justice. We know why pentagon always call the rebel in any movie ever in order to help them eliminate the bad guys. To successfully fight the savage you actually need to hire a fucking savage. Sylvanas is a solution for that. Dark Rangers will become inevitable at some point, and Sylvanas will be the key to unlocking all secrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    The Maw is described as a misserable "hell like" place. They basically sentenced her to hell for an unknown amount of time, perhaps forever. I hardly consider that a "soft" ending. The expected, boring ending would have been Tyrande just offing her.
    Especially when you realize she'll have to go in Torghast and find the souls in there too. Torghast is a giant maze which could either take her minutes or years to traverse the place. Her body won't age, but she'll feel like she's been in there for centuries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    It is a pretty shit ending. We brought in magic souls severing bullshit mcguffin to brutally force a redemption story that makes less sense then the characters motives ever since wrath.

The really sylvannas killed herself flinging her body from icc to be impaled by saronite( not sure that is how its spelled) spikes.

What came after was a weird impostor with utterly nonsensical goals who existed solely to brute force the plot.

It's time to let this horrible character fade from memory never to be referenced again.
    Honestly, it would've been a genius twist if it turned out that the Saronite actually driven her crazy and it lead up to this. No fractured soul, no redemption arc, no 'it was for a noble cause', just the whole thing was because Yogg Saron's whispers pushed her to this degree.

But give it a year or so, and there'll be videos titled "Sylvanas did nothing and here's why!" and there is a great chance Danuser will ruin more characters and make people go "Y'know, I really don't like Lilian Voss or Calia Menethil leading the Forsaken. I miss the glory days of when we had Sylvanas instead of those two softies"

And then Sylvanas makes a return and people will stand in ovation shouting "FINALLY! She's back and is ready to retake her throne!" ...Like Napoleon after he got exiled the first time.

What? I dont even..

Why does the arbiter even ask what should happen to Sylvanas' soul and not just decide? Isn't that his job?

Why does Sylvanas want to find Nathanos when good and evil Sylvanas were 2 completely different people? Especially weird since Sylvanas is now WC3 good Sylvanas again and Nathanos is still a genocidal piece of shit!

Also, very funny that Sylvanas' punishment is maw dailies

Quote Originally Posted by Harthmut View Post
    Why does the arbiter even ask what should happen to Sylvanas' soul and not just decide? Isn't that his job?

Why does Sylvanas want to find Nathanos when good and evil Sylvanas were 2 completely different people? Especially weird since Sylvanas is now WC3 good Sylvanas again and Nathanos is still a genocidal piece of shit!

Also, very funny that Sylvanas' punishment is maw dailies
    1). Sylvanas isn’t dead. She’s Forsaken, and she still has her soul in a vessel. Only if Tyrande, or someone else, kills her would Pelagos have a say.

2). Evil Sylvanas and good Sylvanas are the same person. She just didn’t have the part of her soul that let her feel empathy or care about right or wrong. As far as Nathanos, there have been cinematics even showing he has had doubt about some of their actions. He just followed orders because of his feelings for her.

3). Technically, her punishment is a Covenant weekly
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2022-03-27 at 04:13 PM.

Whelp, she is a low budget Kyrian now

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothyjean View Post
    From watching the BFA Cinematic to now... whoever wrote her like this... I honestly hope they step on a Lego. I know it's that guy but anyone else involved... legit... step on a Lego time.

Like a fresh from the box Lego too.
    Your post lead me down some very weird path... https://nerdist.com/article/ranking-...go-to-step-on/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    People's reaction: "Ah yes a perfect end, having to do dailies in the Maw of all places. That should be some torture!"
    What People forgot: 9.1 happened, covenants are literally camped in the Maw beating Mawsworn over the head while already doing this and the Jailer, the main threat and source of torture, is disenchanted. She literally can just walk around Torghast jangling the Jailer's key ring and saying "your spirit is now freed" as she opens cages to souls that she just as likely put there while she also gets to look for Nathanos and all she has to worry about is a conjured owl watching her till she is done.
    I won't be surprised if she literally turns up next expansion with her task already finished and after being called on as a necessary 'tracker of souls' or Sylvanas Soul Searcher if you will to fill in some emergency plot point while shadowed by Nathanos in a new form.
    Yeah, but that also makes some sense tbh. It would awful if they just banked on sylvanas going to rescue the billions of souls down there, while most them will perish or get scarred to the point of going insane. But truth be told, this whole thing just adds another slew of plotholes.
    What exactly happens to the maw?
    What exactly happens to the mawsworn?
    What exactly happens to the covenant presences in the maw?
    What exactly happens to Torghast?
    What exactly happens to all the souls that were forged into armor and weaponry?
    What exactly happens to Korthia?
    What exactly happens to the dipshits of the auxilliary forces like Helya's clown-possie?

The same questions can be asked about the Zereth Morthis. The brokers already found it now, they will have established a means to get there again, so how do the utterly retarded eternal ones intend to deal with the fact that one of the most delicate contraptions in all of creation has now been located? It's not like we build up the first ones forces again to the point of them being self sufficient. They have like one working oracle remaining that somehow has to get everything back up running again and install defense forces against every other cosmic entity trying to get there? Sure..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    Your post lead me down some very weird path... https://nerdist.com/article/ranking-...go-to-step-on/

- - - Updated - - -
    AHHH... wtfrick! I felt pain looking at that website.

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    What exactly happens to the maw?
    What exactly happens to the mawsworn?
    What exactly happens to the covenant presences in the maw?
    What exactly happens to Torghast?
    What exactly happens to all the souls that were forged into armor and weaponry?
    What exactly happens to Korthia?
    What exactly happens to the dipshits of the auxilliary forces like Helya's clown-possie?

The same questions can be asked about the Zereth Morthis.
    Maw stays the Maw, just no longer being expanded with the destruction of souls. Yeah the land mass of the Maw is made out of Stygia which is made from destroying souls.
    Mawsworn get hunted down and either killed or made to serve for whoever.
    Token presence to help reduce the number of beligerents and whatever is left of the Jailer's forces until they can no longer pose a threat anymore.
    Torghast remains the same, a place of prison for the worst of the worst. Sylvanas will have to travel all of it to find the souls, get them judged then possibly sent back.
    They are gone, destroyed, existence erased, they fucked.
    Korthia gets unfucked and rebuilt.
    The Primus will see them all dead, probably begging for mercy before he ends them.
    Zereth Mortis is going to need to be defended since yeah the Brokers will swarm the place and rob it blind like a band of gypsies at an unguarded copper pipe facility.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

Looking forward to her return later

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    Especially when you realize she'll have to go in Torghast and find the souls in there too. Torghast is a giant maze which could either take her minutes or years to traverse the place. Her body won't age, but she'll feel like she's been in there for centuries.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, it would've been a genius twist if it turned out that the Saronite actually driven her crazy and it lead up to this. No fractured soul, no redemption arc, no 'it was for a noble cause', just the whole thing was because Yogg Saron's whispers pushed her to this degree.

But give it a year or so, and there'll be videos titled "Sylvanas did nothing and here's why!" and there is a great chance Danuser will ruin more characters and make people go "Y'know, I really don't like Lilian Voss or Calia Menethil leading the Forsaken. I miss the glory days of when we had Sylvanas instead of those two softies"

And then Sylvanas makes a return and people will stand in ovation shouting "FINALLY! She's back and is ready to retake her throne!" ...Like Napoleon after he got exiled the first time.
    I don't think we will ever see sylvannas did nothing wrong myself... arthas's actions while extreme did actually save azeroth right until he lost himself to frostmourne ( least in the og lore). We even have what if story lines exploring what happened if jaina became the lichking or arthas was stopped and each time it dooms the world.

Slyvannas... slyvannas was the victim of bad writing. It's hard to work off that and even the power of tits runs out for a character eventually.

I don't think we will ever see sylvannas did nothing wrong myself... arthas's actions while extreme did actually save azeroth right until he lost himself to frostmourne ( least in the og lore). We even have what if story lines exploring what happened if jaina became the lichking or arthas was stopped and each time it dooms the world.

Slyvannas... slyvannas was the victim of bad writing. It's hard to work off that and even the power of tits runs out for a character eventually.
    Bad writing and multiple different writers who try to turn spin her to certain extremes that give people character-whiplash.

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    Bad writing and multiple different writers who try to turn spin her to certain extremes that give people character-whiplash.
    Jaina had the same problem and garrosh. Characters undergo massive personality changes to push some half thought plot for a patch. Wrathion has to be one of the worst remember when he just forgot about the legion.... the guy whose entire plot was " omg we gotta stop the legion?"

Jaina had the same problem and garrosh. Characters undergo massive personality changes to push some half thought plot for a patch. Wrathion has to be one of the worst remember when he just forgot about the legion.... the guy whose entire plot was " omg we gotta stop the legion?"
    They had a plotline with him (Wrathion) being in WoD, but it got abandoned... like they dropped his name in Admiral Tayler's Garrison and that Wrathion mysteriously vanished once Taylor's Garrison got killed off.

And at one point in Legion's development, Ebonhorn was going to be teased as Wrathion but in a tauren form but they dropped that idea in the beta and decided to have Wrathion and Ebonhorn as two separate people.

"In the Legion alpha, Wrathion was the dragon disguised as Spiritwalker Ebonhorn, and at the end of his questline he gathered time-lost black dragon eggs to raise new, uncorrupted black dragons. In later builds, he was replaced as Ebonhorn by Ebyssian and the questline was rewritten." - Wowpedia.

Source: https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Eby...tes_and_trivia
    Last edited by Woggmer; 2022-03-28 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Added quote and source

Arthas saving Azeroth prior to Frostmourne isn't part of the original WC3 story, it was the people who sailed west to Kalimdor responsible for that. Before he got Frostmourne Arthas was still a douche who ignored the warnings of the Prophet, his friend and his teacher.

- - - Updated - - -

WoW is basically a comic-book universe so characters need to act drastically out of character every now and then to get the story moving towards the next epic moment.

Wrathion on the other hand was just awful. People complained about Med'an and the solution was to make someone with all the traits people complained about but no redeeming features except edginess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Arthas saving Azeroth prior to Frostmourne isn't part of the original WC3 story, it was the people who sailed west to Kalimdor responsible for that. Before he got Frostmourne Arthas was still a douche who ignored the warnings of the Prophet, his friend and his teacher.

- - - Updated - - -

WoW is basically a comic-book universe so characters need to act drastically out of character every now and then to get the story moving towards the next epic moment.

Wrathion on the other hand was just awful. People complained about Med'an and the solution was to make someone with all the traits people complained about but no redeeming features except edginess.
    And still delayed the scourge enough to stop them from overrunning the eastern kingdoms and summoning the burning legion. His actions delayed it by at least a year...

Can't argue the second bit.