Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
7
15
16
17
18
LastLast
  1. #321
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    63k is not massive. That is not even close to the numbers of MMOs like WoW, FF and Lost Ark (which given its downward trend which we can track thanks to steam, yeah..) 63k might be a big number for you but it just highlights how clueless you are in this argument.
    You know how much of a clown you look like arguing that #10 on Steam is small?

  2. #322
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    You know how much of a clown you look like arguing that #10 on Steam is small?
    Says the person claiming that 63k online players right now is a lot of people when compared to WoW and Final Fantasy. Now if you were using Lost Ark as an example you might have something. But 63k? 63k players is N O T H I N G in the MMO business compared to WoW and FF. And I'm the clueless one. LOL.

  3. #323
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Then describe it (spoiler alert: you can't).

    - - - Updated - - -



    You are aware that that shows Destiny 2 as the #10 most played game on all of steam right now, right?
    https://steamcharts.com/top
    Already have at length and depth near unheard of. The clarity of my words spoke to such a fine level that the nuances cracked boulders and sheared through ignorance without parallel.

  4. #324
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Already have at length and depth near unheard of. The clarity of my words spoke to such a fine level that the nuances cracked boulders and sheared through ignorance without parallel.
    "If someone else gets gear I feel bad" isn't an argument.

  5. #325
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    "If someone else gets gear I feel bad" isn't an argument.
    As an aside even though that is a pathetic strawman highlighting your inability to comprehend what is being discussed...

    "If someone else gets gear I feel bad" is a clear argument. Now if you wanted to make the argument it is a rather weak argument you could but it is clearly an argument.
    Last edited by Celement; 2022-04-15 at 04:30 AM.

  6. #326
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    676
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    It kind of is black and white through... you changed your hobby didn't and rather then let others enjoy it you want it razed to ground and rebuilt for YOUR circumstances. Not only is that unhealthy it kind of makes you a prick.

    There comes a time to just move on.
    Idk, I don't think wanting something that doesn't affect you is all that selfish and definitely doesn't qualify as being a prick. Not even sure why you went there. It's not like I came out and called you a cunt. But whatever man. Like I said I don't play wow right now, and a lot of people don't. And over time if they don't fix things a lot more people won't. I was just offering perspective.

  7. #327
    A seasonal system would be drastically superior to the current "content patch" cycle we have now.

  8. #328
    Brewmaster Alkizon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Strasbourg
    Posts
    1,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I am on the fence on this one.

    One of the things I ever like in WoW is that there is a clear finish line, at least as far as raiding goes. With this new seasons idea, with boosted gear and suddenly, potentially all 30+ bosses relevant again - it feels like way too much stuff slapped on same time. Of course it also does not help that there is no actual new content there.

    The upside is that it will give something to do once current progression/farm is over, but I would like still to have some sort of "break" before new regrinding rush.
    Likely the same, but considering that I not only don't accept, but rather hate their "new system" of gear organization (characteristics, approach to loot tables, scaling, customization, distribution of loot by content, and organization of content itself, which undoubtedly affects everything mentioned above), so my position on fence is very "unstable"/shaky... if we talk about season, as phenomenon parallel to "great patch effect". As for season to "start from scratch", with various bonuses to, for example, "gold"/"reputation"/some cosmetic elements/etc - here my position on fence is absolutely stable.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

    __---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

  9. #329
    You say no, Hazzikostas says yes.

  10. #330
    Pandaren Monk Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    1,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokrath View Post
    WoW could definitely use some more deterministic rewards that EVERYONE can work towards. Harder content would equal faster acquisition, but everyone would be able to work towards the same goal.
    It worked very well in the past, imo. Badges turned JP/VP let everyone get some top notch gear, but when Badges were still a thing raids rewarded more than dungeons by a fairly large margin. This meant everyone had a shot but if you raided you got to the finish line faster. It also served as bad luck protection for raiders.
    Earning currency for gear works fairly well for PvP, as honor and conquest is just the alt version of JP and VP.
    I'm not saying every single slot has to have a purchasable option, although I wouldn't be entirely opposed, but I think it would benefit everyone playing.
    Crafting has made some strides towards relevance recently as well, with the 262 unique-equipped upgrade item.

    All this childish arguing about who's right and who "deserves" what is just silly. Blizzard will react based on numbers, and SL numbers must be slumping based on some of their recent decisions.
    The best answer to that would be a battelpass system like hearthstone / diablo immortal has. Give everyone seasonal COSMETIC rewards to work through on any content similiar to renown. You can still have the seasonal rewards for M+/Raids/PvP in place but with this everyone gets an additional unified, themed goal to work through. Would also help with keeping people subbed instead of having them only play for 1-2 months per patch.

  11. #331
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Provide ye olde link. I remember this API stuff being bandied about before but people left out the parts where it tells you what data it does not have and only how many players it looked at. (Hint, wasn't all the players).
    He's used that API line on me before. He's the kind of debater who will wave his hand around the room and tell you to go find the evidence yourself to prove him right rather than actually provide any. Kinda like that Congressman who held up a couple ice cubes to try to say climate change isn't real.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

  12. #332
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I'd rather get a handful of good endgame content activities than get the giant pile of shit WoW raids have become.
    the wow raids have been getting better and better with every expansion,im pretty sure your issues arent even with the actual raid itself but other factors outside of it that you feel affect the raiding experience

  13. #333
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    the wow raids have been getting better and better with every expansion,im pretty sure your issues arent even with the actual raid itself but other factors outside of it that you feel affect the raiding experience
    lmfao WHAT?! I love how you try to tell me how I actually feel while lying about raids being the best they've ever been.

  14. #334
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    lmfao WHAT?! I love how you try to tell me how I actually feel while lying about raids being the best they've ever been.
    what exactly is your issue with the raiding?

  15. #335
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    He's used that API line on me before. He's the kind of debater who will wave his hand around the room and tell you to go find the evidence yourself to prove him right rather than actually provide any. Kinda like that Congressman who held up a couple ice cubes to try to say climate change isn't real.
    Oh I know, I believe I've had him link some websites before that claim to know the sub numbers and when you go to their 'help' section about how they come to these numbers they put up some jargon about 'google results' and other shit that is all basically made up. No one has the sub numbers but Blizz. We can make guesses and speculate but we don't know exacts.

    But it is the same thing, they are the type of person that will be there Day 1 for the new expansion and then complain there is nothing to do after 2 weeks of rushing through the content.

  16. #336
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    the wow raids have been getting better and better with every expansion,im pretty sure your issues arent even with the actual raid itself but other factors outside of it that you feel affect the raiding experience
    For myself, the raids have severely declined in fun ever since Nighthold. That was the last raid that I truly enjoyed from start to finish.

  17. #337
    Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    For myself, the raids have severely declined in fun ever since Nighthold. That was the last raid that I truly enjoyed from start to finish.
    Ok but im looking for more specifics if you dont mind

  18. #338
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Yup, sinking ship that has a season 4 patch coming out and is announcing a new expansion in a week. Wow's been dying for what, 16 years man? Totally dead for real this time! FF14 has TOTALLY overtaken it! Oh wait now it is Destiny 2? LOL. Wait, was it New World? Or was it Lost Ark? Wildstar? Damn!!!
    One thing I find particularly annoying about FFXIV's recent rise in popularity is the insistence that all WoW players who've quit the game are now simply playing it instead.

  19. #339
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Ok but im looking for more specifics if you dont mind
    Why does there have to be a specific "reason" why someone doesn't enjoy something?

    Not many things in life are really so simple as pointing out "Oh, that's the wrong thing" and then changing it, to make everything all better. Humans and our thoughts and emotions are complex and everything we think is interwoven with everything else we think and experience.

    If someone says "This thing isn't fun, to me", then take them at their word rather than attempting to dig for a specific item that you can check off as integral to the thing they're talking about.

    TheRevenantHero feels like current WoW raids are "shit". They don't have to have a reason why, that's just how they feel. In trying to ascertain a reason why they feel that way you're just hoping for a method to negate their feeling and call it invalid. It doesn't work that way with humans.

  20. #340
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    One thing I find particularly annoying about FFXIV's recent rise in popularity is the insistence that all WoW players who've quit the game are now simply playing it instead.
    Or stayed in the genre at all as if they can only play MMOs when they leave WoW. Some players sure, all former WoW players? No.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •