Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    The content is not fun for most players. That's why only 50% of players ever do it. Do you like when the game forces you to do content that you don't think is fun?

These systems work perfectly fine in virtually every other similar game. That's why you don't make coherent argument and just start talking about how everyone is jealous of your pretty hair and that's why nobody came to your birthday party.
    First off my hair is gorgeous and all the studs came to my sweet 16. As for wow why should I or anyone care if 50% of players hate the game? Why should a game evolve around those playing it out of... I guess spite?

If not spite then why not assume they are happy with lfr and heroic?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Source: Trust me bro.

More made up numbers. Glad you know the amount of people that do LFR/normal/heroic/mythic raiding and normal/heroic/mythic dungeons and any other content for that matter.
    You know there is an API right, and people have pulled this data?

You know: Those OTHER games that have less players than WoW, shut down already or are F2P with robust cash shops, etc. You know the 'virtually' similar games.
    WoW has been bleeding players. FF14 has been gaining them, dramatically. Destiny 2 is massively popular.

You are on a sinking ship on fire criticizing the size of everyone else's boat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    First off my hair is gorgeous and all the studs came to my sweet 16. As for wow why should I or anyone care if 50% of players hate the game? Why should a game evolve around those playing it out of... I guess spite?

If not spite then why not assume they are happy with lfr and heroic?
    Why should you care if your hobby has fans that provide the funding that allows the company to continue developing it at the quality level you want? Is that a question I really need to answer? WoW is not a guarantee. It is a product, and as a fan you should be concerned that it is bleeding. If the game only appeals to 17 mythic raiders, the game doesn't get funding.

The only spiteful person here is yourself, who actively wants the game to be worse for people because of your personal disdain for them. That is why you project jealousy onto them. You want the game to be unfun for people. You are so spiteful you'd burn the game down to make sure those other people, who have no impact on you, aren't having a good time. It is incredibly weird.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

I fully expect with the next expansion this game goes free to play... with the caveat of having a battle pass.

Provide ye olde link. I remember this API stuff being bandied about before but people left out the parts where it tells you what data it does not have and only how many players it looked at. (Hint, wasn't all the players).

- - - Updated - - -

WoW has been bleeding players. FF14 has been gaining them, dramatically. Destiny 2 is massively popular.
    Source: Trust me bro. Or better yet, one of those amazing websites that 'tracks' players but when you look at how they do it they base it off google searches and other useless shit to make up numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup, sinking ship that has a season 4 patch coming out and is announcing a new expansion in a week. Wow's been dying for what, 16 years man? Totally dead for real this time! FF14 has TOTALLY overtaken it! Oh wait now it is Destiny 2? LOL. Wait, was it New World? Or was it Lost Ark? Wildstar? Damn!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Why should you care if your hobby has fans that provide the funding that allows the company to continue developing it at the quality level you want? Is that a question I really need to answer? WoW is not a guarantee. It is a product, and as a fan you should be concerned that it is bleeding. If the game only appeals to 17 mythic raiders, the game doesn't get funding.

The only spiteful person here is yourself, who actively wants the game to be worse for people because of your personal disdain for them. That is why you project jealousy onto them. You want the game to be unfun for people. You are so spiteful you'd burn the game down to make sure those other people, who have no impact on you, aren't having a good time. It is incredibly weird.
    So your counter argument is I should want to encourage change that would alienate me and drive me out of the game because everything has to be like everything else?

You are right I would rather burn the game down then have it warp into something entirely different to bizarrely try and appeal to people that hate it. They should find a game they enjoy. I hear ff14 is good.

WoW could definitely use some more deterministic rewards that EVERYONE can work towards. Harder content would equal faster acquisition, but everyone would be able to work towards the same goal.
    It worked very well in the past, imo. Badges turned JP/VP let everyone get some top notch gear, but when Badges were still a thing raids rewarded more than dungeons by a fairly large margin. This meant everyone had a shot but if you raided you got to the finish line faster. It also served as bad luck protection for raiders.
    Earning currency for gear works fairly well for PvP, as honor and conquest is just the alt version of JP and VP.
    I'm not saying every single slot has to have a purchasable option, although I wouldn't be entirely opposed, but I think it would benefit everyone playing.
    Crafting has made some strides towards relevance recently as well, with the 262 unique-equipped upgrade item.

All this childish arguing about who's right and who "deserves" what is just silly. Blizzard will react based on numbers, and SL numbers must be slumping based on some of their recent decisions.

Provide ye olde link. I remember this API stuff being bandied about before but people left out the parts where it tells you what data it does not have and only how many players it looked at. (Hint, wasn't all the players).

Source: Trust me bro. Or better yet, one of those amazing websites that 'tracks' players but when you look at how they do it they base it off google searches and other useless shit to make up numbers.
    1. Just look at the number of Mythic+completions and how they have declined.
    2. Superdata is part of Nielsen, the most respected entertainment analytics firm on the planet. If you want to say they are lying, the onus is on you.

Yup, sinking ship that has a season 4 patch coming out and is announcing a new expansion in a week. Wow's been dying for what, 16 years man? Totally dead for real this time! FF14 has TOTALLY overtaken it! Oh wait now it is Destiny 2? LOL. Wait, was it New World? Or was it Lost Ark? Wildstar? Damn!!!
    A season 4 patch with no new content that is to hold people over during a delayed expansion release that is already being announced 6 months late. That's your claim to success here?

- - - Updated - - -

So your counter argument is I should want to encourage change that would alienate me and drive me out of the game because everything has to be like everything else?

You are right I would rather burn the game down then have it warp into something entirely different to bizarrely try and appeal to people that hate it. They should find a game they enjoy. I hear ff14 is good.
    Nothing I have proposed would impact you in any way whatsoever, except for the issue that you clearly have this really creepy issue where you only have fun when other people don't.
    -ynnady

2. Superdata is part of Nielsen, the most respected entertainment analytics firm on the planet. If you want to say they are lying, the onus is on you.
    Yes declining M+ participation in season 3 means WoW is dead. Better cancel that expansion announcement. Btw, we both know you'll be there day 1 of it to play!

I don't care what they are using they do not have the number of subs. Only Blizz has it and they don't share it. And you mean Nielsen's Superdata which they admitted in 2021 it didn't really work that well? So they now use some new metric called 'mindshare' to track users. Oh TOTALLY reliable source here! Fucking lol.

- - - Updated - - -

A season 4 patch with no new content that is to hold people over during a delayed expansion release that is already being announced 6 months late. That's your claim to success here?
    Sure beats the 'nothing' that many expansion lulls have. I know I'll be playing it and enjoying it as I wait for a new expansion. Games have dead periods man, it happens. I'm just not here chirping "DEAD GAME" when a lull happens.

Yes declining M+ participation in season 3 means WoW is dead. Better cancel that expansion announcement. Btw, we both know you'll be there day 1 of it to play!

I don't care what they are using they do not have the number of subs. Only Blizz has it and they don't share it. And you mean Nielsen's Superdata which they admitted in 2021 it didn't really work that well? So they now use some new metric called 'mindshare' to track users. Oh TOTALLY reliable source here! Fucking lol.
    So I have Nielsen, most respected and successful analyst firm on the planet, or random forum guy who has a chip on his shoulder and sounds like he is 14.

Yeah, I know who I am going to go with.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure beats the 'nothing' that many expansion lulls have. I know I'll be playing it and enjoying it as I wait for a new expansion. Games have dead periods man, it happens. I'm just not here chirping "DEAD GAME" when a lull happens.
    Destiny 2 has had a patch every 3 months for four years.
    FF14 has a patch every 3-4 months.

Keep telling yourself that year long dead zones are the norm and 3 years without an expansion is just how everyone does it.
    -ynnady

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing I have proposed would impact you in any way whatsoever, except for the issue that you clearly have this really creepy issue where you only have fun when other people don't.
    Its just a more informed broaden view then yours is all. I understand the damage you would cause in your ignorance.

So I have Nielsen, most respected and successful analyst firm on the planet, or random forum guy who has a chip on his shoulder and sounds like he is 14.

Yeah, I know who I am going to go with.
    You can be willfully ignorant all you like. Nielsen does not have the amount of subs of the game. This is a fact. They can use any and all the analytics in the world but they do not know the number of subs. Fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Destiny 2 has had a patch every 3 months for four years.
    FF14 has a patch every 3-4 months.

Keep telling yourself that year long dead zones are the norm and 3 years without an expansion is just how everyone does it.
    And that is why Destiny 2 has become THE number one MMO in the world because...oh wait. It isn't. Know the wonderful thing about being on Steam? This.

What a robust game that is. LOL.

https://steamcharts.com/app/1599340
    https://steamcharts.com/app/1063730

Yup.

Its just a more informed broaden view then yours is all. I understand the damage you would cause in your ignorance.
    Then describe it (spoiler alert: you can't).

- - - Updated - - -

And that is why Destiny 2 has become THE number one MMO in the world because...oh wait. It isn't. Know the wonderful thing about being on Steam? This.

What a robust game that is. LOL.
    You are aware that that shows Destiny 2 as the #10 most played game on all of steam right now, right?
    https://steamcharts.com/top
    -ynnady

You are aware that that shows Destiny 2 as the #10 most played game on all of steam right now, right?
    63k players ain't shit. This is a MMO not even worth discussing when talking about WoW and FF. But hey if you want to use a small time MMO as your example of a healthy game and the reason why WoW is dying. Be my fucking guest.

63k players ain't shit. This is a MMO not even worth discussing when talking about WoW and FF. But hey if you want to use a small time MMO as your example of a healthy game and the reason why WoW is dying. Be my fucking guest.
    It's the 10th most played game on all of steam, and that's bearing in mind that it is primarily a console game. It was ported to PC later. #10 is massive.
    -ynnady

It's the 10th most played game on all of steam, and that's bearing in mind that it is primarily a console game. It was ported to PC later. #10 is massive.
    63k is not massive. That is not even close to the numbers of MMOs like WoW, FF and Lost Ark (which given its downward trend which we can track thanks to steam, yeah..) 63k might be a big number for you but it just highlights how clueless you are in this argument.

63k is not massive. That is not even close to the numbers of MMOs like WoW, FF and Lost Ark (which given its downward trend which we can track thanks to steam, yeah..) 63k might be a big number for you but it just highlights how clueless you are in this argument.
    You know how much of a clown you look like arguing that #10 on Steam is small?
    -ynnady

You know how much of a clown you look like arguing that #10 on Steam is small?
    Says the person claiming that 63k online players right now is a lot of people when compared to WoW and Final Fantasy. Now if you were using Lost Ark as an example you might have something. But 63k? 63k players is N O T H I N G in the MMO business compared to WoW and FF. And I'm the clueless one. LOL.

Then describe it (spoiler alert: you can't).

- - - Updated - - -

Already have at length and depth near unheard of. The clarity of my words spoke to such a fine level that the nuances cracked boulders and sheared through ignorance without parallel.

Already have at length and depth near unheard of. The clarity of my words spoke to such a fine level that the nuances cracked boulders and sheared through ignorance without parallel.
    "If someone else gets gear I feel bad" isn't an argument.
    -ynnady

"If someone else gets gear I feel bad" isn't an argument.
    As an aside even though that is a pathetic strawman highlighting your inability to comprehend what is being discussed...

"If someone else gets gear I feel bad" is a clear argument. Now if you wanted to make the argument it is a rather weak argument you could but it is clearly an argument.
    Last edited by Celement; 2022-04-15 at 04:30 AM.