Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I really wish the art directors would look up what "contrast" means.

Their idea of design seems to be "let's find a color palette and stick with it". So every zone has a base color, and everything in there and everything even remotely related to it MUST BE THAT COLOR. So everything is red on red on red on red or whatever, which is REALLY annoying.
    This. Very fun being a kyrian with the "walk over the tiny white balls to extend the duration of your covenant ability" when everything in Bastion is also bright white.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, fix the problem instead: do not design around them or their use.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    No, fix the problem instead: do not design around them or their use.
    Then you get the inverse problem with Sepulcher: the raid would be tuned far too easy. If add-ons are in play, you have to design around them; otherwise there is very little challenge in the highest dificulties.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli85 View Post
    Then you get the inverse problem with Sepulcher: the raid would be tuned far too easy. If add-ons are in play, you have to design around them; otherwise there is very little challenge in the highest dificulties.
    Or they could just significantly improve the UI and add custom elements that make sense when designing specific encounters. Instead of a large part of the challenge being presented at raids not be adressed at the playerbase but at addon writers, actually provide the UI for all players to be able to interact with the mechanics instead of having WA do it for them. Things like Lords of Dread or Mekkatorque should have had their own UI designed by the devs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Things like Lords of Dread or Mekkatorque should have had their own UI designed by the devs.
    How about they just don't make fights about mechanics easily solved by a WA, and make them about mechanics where a WA might help but not just solve things?

We know they can.

Does anyone really think the Among Us or the Mekkatorque color game mechanic were particularly fun? Not to mention what they do to people with impairments. Do we really need fights like that?

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They can ban addons which tell you what to do, any addon giving more info than DBM or wings do, should not be allowed. Those are fair enough with timers and announcements.. we´ve got them for so long and they were never really a problem.

That is fairly easy to control too.

But I see no need breaknig addons like bagnon, bartender, sexymap and the likes.

I would not mind at all. The baseline UI getting reworked is long overdue, although still welcome. Who actually enjoys fiddling with their WA libraries and searching for replacements when their whatever unitframe, health plate, bag, action bar, mini map, whatever add-on gets broken?
    The loss of control indicator is already in the base UI. Now, expand that to whatever dungeon abilities there is via boss mods and we're getting there.

Addons are making everything easy. PvP, PvE, Auction. I remember the times when those addons were not existed, it was much fun. Well my opinion is , Blizzard should develop it's own addons and not allow 3th party created addons.

Blizzard has mentioned trying to improve UI and UI modularity.

In my opinion, if they manage to make the UI properly customisable, that'd be the best time to just pull the plug on addons altogether. The only real argument for keeping addons in the game currently is that a lot of players depend on addons to modify their UI either because of preference, or because they don't like the standard UI. Beyond that, addons are simply making the game worse in many ways and it's about damn time something is done about it.

PS : I guess roleplaying character profiles are a thing too, but it's not really anywhere near as relevant as UI addons

Could argue that the addons in wow today makes the raids easy already. Remove the addons and it wouldnt be so easy.

And also; If addons like this were removed and the raids then had to become easier; Would that really be a big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Could argue that the addons in wow today makes the raids easy already. Remove the addons and it wouldnt be so easy.

And also; If addons like this were removed and the raids then had to become easier; Would that really be a big deal?
    Eh, no you cannot really argue they make them easy. They make them doable. Go ahead, show us examples of people pushing high keys, high rating or clearing Mythic raids with no addons.

Eh, no you cannot really argue they make them easy. They make them doable. Go ahead, show us examples of people pushing high keys, high rating or clearing Mythic raids with no addons.
    We wouldnt have these insane bossfights if there werent allowed with many addons that makes many of them much easier. You cant imagine someone doing it without addons, cause they are made with addons in mind. Without these addons, you wouldnt have these fights.

At the very least, they make the game easier.

As I said last; Would it really be so bad for most wow players if these addons were banned and Blizzard started to create fights/dungeons without addons in mind?

We wouldnt have these insane bossfights if there werent allowed with many addons that makes many of them much easier. You cant imagine someone doing it without addons, cause they are made with addons in mind. Without these addons, you wouldnt have these fights.

As I said last; Would it really be so bad for most wow players if these addons were banned and Blizzard started to create fights/dungeons without addons in mind?
    Easier is not easy.

Easier is not easy.
    Semantics. Point is, the game would overall be easier then it is now if addons were banned. It would have to be.

Semantics. Point is, the game would overall be easier then it is now if addons were banned. It would have to be.
    Not at all semantics. Something can be easier than something else and still be fucking hard. I think Mythic raiding is extremely hard. Without addons it would be impossible. You stated raids are easy because of addons. I'd say raids are possible to clear because of addons. Heck we had a blog post about how people with specific difficulties cannot even handle certain mechanics without addons.

Not at all semantics. Something can be easier than something else and still be fucking hard. I think Mythic raiding is extremely hard. Without addons it would be impossible. You stated raids are easy because of addons. I'd say raids are possible to clear because of addons. Heck we had a blog post about how people with specific difficulties cannot even handle certain mechanics without addons.
    and thats the entire point. These fights are made with these addons in mind. Without these addons, Blizzard would never make these fights so complicated to begin with. A random new player that goes into wow, that has no idea addons are a thing, will be screwed. Now, one could argue its just a natural part of a MMORPG to have addons and each player gotta get it; But, it creates higher and higher difficulties(in lfr, normal, hc & mythic) when Blizzard creates these fights. They must calculate the usage of addons.

If these addons were banned, you would have easier and much less complex fights than now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    I would be happy if they did. It is so time consuming to install this thing. Especially when it comes to updating UI and weakauras. I understand that you can have a few add-ons like damage meter or big wigs. The rest should be provided by the game interface itself.
    This. I feel the same way. Every patch, every expansion... updating, looking for addons. Having to fix the positions, settings and all... over and over again.

Not to mention how I feel like they make the game almost require you to get the addons. The difficulty and spells they throw at you makes it very hard to play without addons. I too did everything until WoD without any addons (I also often had addons, it was a 50/50 % cus of my laptop/desktop PC) and I did fine. I was in a top raiding guild on my server etc, but now? Ho boy, I forgot to turn on the addons 1 single time after I reinstall wow... and... instant fails and wipes. Even if I know every single thing 100% It has gotten too far again indeed, some people on the forum here are right about that. Other games do fine without addon, I wonder why WoW is made around them. If they wanna make the game for addon users, then add the addons into the GAME BLizz!

P.s. How come Dmg meters are not part of the game yet? Holy cow. It's been 20 years or something...

Except by their own words, addons don't drive encounter design.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    To be clear: We make “high complexity” mechanics not because we feel pressure to keep up with addons, but because doing so allows us to create more unique bosses.
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...blem/1242798/4

So we would still have these insane boss fights if there were no addons in WoW, and fights would actually be many times harder if they were banned because the community would no longer be able to fix Blizzards garbage with an addon.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

15+ Year Old Account
    It sounds like a good idea but some mechanics are so complex these days in higher end raids, you'd need to dumb content down again.

They need to build in their own damage meter. The rest I can live without.

I wanna be able to easily see if I'm doing/did well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Except by their own words, addons don't drive encounter design.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    To be clear: We make “high complexity” mechanics not because we feel pressure to keep up with addons, but because doing so allows us to create more unique bosses.
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...blem/1242798/4

So we would still have these insane boss fights if there were no addons in WoW, and fights would actually be many times harder if they were banned because the community would no longer be able to fix Blizzards garbage with an addon.
    What they say doesn't actually have to be the truth. That has been proven many times in the past.

To begin with, there have been plenty of unique bosses in the past when the average Raid was easier on mechanics than current dungeons. I don't remember a boss because of a mechanic. I remember a boss because of their visuals, lore and position/rewards in the raid.
    And they have admitted themselves that Addons put a strain on Raids to be a certain complexity. I think this was during the Asmongold interview.

Literally the whole reason this conversation about addons is active right now is because the Raid has mechanics that pretty much require addons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.