Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    the devs have literally admitted they design around combat addons MULTIPLE TIMES! god... the ignorance of some people...
    It's almost like you didn't actually read my post.

If you're not interested in discussing nuance, why bother replying? Just yell more, add caps, be angry. You don't need other people for that.

Since this thread is still going and players are continuing to blame add ons for the reason they can't down the J'lor on even Heroic. Let me make a note that SSC/TK in TBCC in a semi nerfed state (2.4.3 talents) were too hard for a lot of player base and had to nerfed, those fights are very simple and do not require add ons.

3+ Year Old Account
    Yes, weakauras and bossmods need to be deleted permanently.

If you actually want to wreck people's advantages from addons, look into TSM. I wouldn't normally speak but I don't play anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    it may be a blanket statement about an extremely adaptable addon, but it is most known for the combat applications. which is the point of my post. if the game is being designed around the addons instead of the addon around the game, then something is seriously wrong.
    To say what I said in another way, to "disable weakauras" you have to practically wreck ALMOST ALL ADDONS in the game. I'm not exaggerating here because the core of almost all useful weakauras is just "use this simplistic function result and just combine it in a simple way with another simplistic function result" and that's exactly what almost all addons are doing.

- - - Updated - - -

An alternative and DRASTIC (to say the least) approach, is to literally disable the use of most relevant functions in-combat.

But again: this WILL wreck nearly 100% of all the addons you use in-combat.
    Last edited by epigramx; 2022-06-25 at 03:23 PM.

its funny how some claim they used no add ons. im sure you muted your raid leader calling everything out with those add ons he used tho right?

Quote Originally Posted by Athulua View Post
    I feel that the game went way too far with addons again.
    It was like that in late WoD too.
    I was always playing the game with as little addons as I could, I didn't had to have a boss mod yelling at me every 5 seconds to get out of damaging floor or something. I managed to beat all of MOP raid tiers on mythic (or back then - heroic) without any boss mod installed.
    First tier of WOD was manageable as well. But the second tier (on mythic), well... not quite. I had to have an addon for Kormrok (hands), and another one for Iskar (cos passing the ball fast enough with default UI was nearly impossible) and yet another one for Archimonde (lazer beams).

Then in Legion and BFA they again toned down this bullshit a bit, I haven't raided all tiers but most were manageable without DBM or weak auras. Mostly awareness mechanics, you know what's coming and how to deal with it.

But then Shadowlands came and another round of clusterfuck fights that have mechanics which require addons. And any kind of mythic guild i was in was mandating weakauras from players. I mean fuck off, do i have to have so much trash on my UI on every damn fight? I clearly don't, I was fine without that for years.

What's up with blizzard? Did their UI Design team just gave up because everyone just uses ElvUI/RothUI/GennUI? AH took 10 years to fix, prior to BFA patch 8.2 it was unusable without some sort of UI addon such as TSM or auctionator. They're basically telling the players to fix their damn game for them. And the result is having to install a hundred fucking addons and have 15 LUA errors pop up every login. I'm through tolerating this.

WOW has always been like this. The whole game is designed around the idea of using addons.
    Even in vanilla the game was pretty terrible without using addons like cosmos UI, CTMod etc etc. Damn, we did not even have raidframes when we first raided molten core...or a way to see debuffs on players. The list goes on and on.
    From your attitude I recognize that type of player who mostly plays dd, does not want to use a WA which is in 99% the best alternative to a bossmod or custom addon, claims he knows that to do, but really does not understand what is going on in the fight. And perhaps you should have played all the encounters, before you praise legion and bfa in that regard...
    I have been recruiting for several years and 99% of the time when someone hated on weakauras or mrt, they were the ones which needed them the most.
    Nobody forces you to do anything. Join a guild which does not use such addons and enjoy the wipefest. Stop playing and wait for them to change the allowed type of addons again. Or adapt. Simple as that. ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Yes, weakauras and bossmods need to be deleted permanently.
    In the state the core UI is now this would make the majority of raiders just quit the game. Good plan genius. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    No.

/10char
    Yes.

/10char
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post

In the state the core UI is now this would make the majority of raiders just quit the game. Good plan genius. ^^
    They revamp it in Dragonflight.

Every ability should be telegraphed like in FF14 or not exist and boom no need for addons.

What a stupid thread. Modern boss encounters are designed with the sole purpose of using addons. You might’ve had a decent argument if you were referring about classic - but even then, how would one enforce it? You’d have to contact each author individually and offer them incentives to never update or create any future addons. The moment blizzard edits their code to break all existing addons, authors would just find a workaround.