Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Alarmingly Low Voter Turnout for Shadowlands Season 4 Mythic+ Community Poll

As of writing this, there are three days remaining and the total voter count sits at just 15,878.

Do you believe people are merely unaware of the poll, or is this a sneak peak into just how small the playerbase size is now?

Poll in question: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ngeons/1205558

Most higher end players don't use the official forum. A few years back blizzard went on a hard banning spree on people who would call out other players whining they had nothing to do with only lfr completed.

Once the idea was cemented that you couldn't call out whiners or people derailing threads what few interested in the forums either got banned off or simply lost interest. That and I don't know how many people have any strong feelings for WoD dungeons.

I wouldn't call any of them bad but beyond the camera issues with depo.... I am struggling to recall a memorable one. None of them stand out as bad or even bland just startling average.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Most players don't hang around the official forums, and likely most players don't really care what dungeons get added. If you are into M+, it's just another dungeon to beat the timer...it's not like you are spending time caring about how things are put together when you are playing the "Go Go Go!" game.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    As of writing this, there are three days remaining and the total voter count sits at just 15,878.

Do you believe people are merely unaware of the poll, or is this a sneak peak into just how small the playerbase size is now?

No it isn't, this is conjecture. It was always going to have a low voter count as most people don't vote, a heavy majority don't know, and the other heavy majority don't care enough. If anything, this tells you how small the vocal minority is. Hell, I play every day for at least an hour and I haven't and probably won't vote. I just don't care enough.

Side note, Iron Docks... Grimrail Depot... really?

Could be a combination of any of the below things:

1) End of expansion so interest starts to wane
    2) People don't use the forums
    3) People don't even know the poll exists (lack of advertisement)
    4) There aren't that many people doing M+
    5) Some might think by not voting they are protesting a S4
    6) Many other small reasons that I can't think of.

Maybe it just shows the average person on the official forums doesn't care about M+?

Its not like the mount poll which was for everyone. If you don't engage in M+ why would you even vote and quite honestly you shouldn't vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post

What did you expect? It is Mythic+, not everyone runs that, or even know that there is an active poll? I didn't know it was active yet until I saw the link in your post. I have voted, but I don't run Mythic+ anymore, so enjoy my Grimrail Depot vote.

I'd rather vote for some world content, events, or the likes. I'm getting tired of the instanced content of raiding, Mythic+, or Rated BGs, we don't have anything else to look forward to than those three, and it only represents minor groups.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2022-03-26 at 04:03 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Do we have a reference? 16k votes doesn't sound too bad...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Rigman View Post
    No it isn't, this is conjecture. It was always going to have a low voter count as most people don't vote, a heavy majority don't know, and the other heavy majority don't care enough. If anything, this tells you how small the vocal minority is. Hell, I play every day for at least an hour and I haven't and probably won't vote. I just don't care enough.

Side note, Iron Docks... Grimrail Depot... really?
    Just checked that how disappointing... I have no idea why content designed for mythic players is on the official forums like I said the mods chased them off its over half a decade ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    EU has 13576 voters.
    Didn't even know this poll exists.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ungeons/347922

But grimrail all the way. that dungeon was super fun in challange mode back then.
    Last edited by sunxsera; 2022-03-26 at 04:12 PM.

I see a lot of "most people don't use the forums" stuff, but this wasn't exclusively announced on the forums.
    There's likely a substantial part of the playerbase that participate in a WoW Discord server, which most likely has a channel for WoWhead announcements.
    There's also the fact that several large content creators have given this attention, on both YouTube and Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Do we have a reference? 16k votes doesn't sound too bad...
    The mount poll had 163k voters on NA forums. But again that involves everyone. This is about ~10% of that and only involves those who do M+

M+, raids and rated PvP are all examples of niche content, so of course interest will not be high. But honestly, 16k isn't that terrible - more than I would've guessed, at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    The mount poll had 163k voters on NA forums. But again that involves everyone. This is about ~10% of that and only involves those who do M+
    Yeah. The mount voting was inclusive of everyone, the Mythc+ isn't and is just another minor group out of three groups who gets the most attention.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I do a lot of M+. I love M+.
    I got the 0.1% hero rank.
    But even I didn't vote

That doesn't mean doom and gloom, it just means I'd rather be playing the game than remembering to go to some online poll and vote. It's a game, not a presidency, so the consequences of things not going my way are preeeeetty small.
    SorryNotSorry

Quote Originally Posted by Thaneo View Post
    Most higher end players don't use the official forum. A few years back blizzard went on a hard banning spree on people who would call out other players whining they had nothing to do with only lfr completed.

Once the idea was cemented that you couldn't call out whiners or people derailing threads what few interested in the forums either got banned off or simply lost interest. That and I don't know how many people have any strong feelings for WoD dungeons.

I wouldn't call any of them bad but beyond the camera issues with depo.... I am struggling to recall a memorable one. None of them stand out as bad or even bland just startling average.
    Most players left the official forum in Vanilla or TBC unless they wanted to whine or tease whiners.

Warlords of Draenor had some pretty fun dungeons, especially coming after the exceedingly dull and easy MoP ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw you could vote twice, so my Grimrail Depot vote got joined with Upper Blackrock Spire.

I saw the results and I was fine with them (Grimrail + Irondocks) so I didn't bother to log in and vote. Doubt they gonna change at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Most players left the official forum in Vanilla or TBC unless they wanted to whine or tease whiners.

Warlords of Draenor had some pretty fun dungeons, especially coming after the exceedingly dull and easy MoP ones.
    I would say WoD had good dungeons... just I am struggling to think of any stand out ones. I kind of wish it wouldn't have the train one that makes the camera freak out unless it is fixed but overall the problem with everything being good and nothing really being bad makes any choice "alright". The few I rather not do are not really faults of the dungeon itself but rather how much RP pauses they contain or bugs like the traincarts camera.

10+ Year Old Account
    The vast majority of players don't even look at the official forums and a small fraction are those that frequent there and other fan sites like MMO-Champ or Wowhead.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)