Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    And you must be delusional thinking that with literal thousands of options to go after, it's really going to prevent new players from playing the game if they want to. A new player doesn't give a shit about a mount that was removed 10 years ago because they don't know about it and the fact that they have hundreds upon hundreds of mounts to work toward if that's what they spend time doing.
    Of course it's preventing new players from playing, "is it too late to party?" is not a meme question.

Quantity =/= Quality. For some really cool mounts you either gotta shell some big money (TCG/BMAH) or bet on 1% luck. Nobody really cares for recolors.

Then you have entire raids, questlines, transmogs etc. All unobtainable anymore.

"come join out game, good stuff is not available but you can get tons of crappy ones!"
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Exclusivity is not good, who lied to you? The more obtainable goals you can give a player the better. You don't want to have things that tell the player ''fk you, should have logged in on x date" instead of leaving content in the game for somebody to chase after at later dates.
    Is not like that.

You have things like Frosty (among many other). Unique, no longer obtainable items, based on an event.

We need more of this.

They aren't special and never were though. They are meaningless pixels in some random video game at the end of the day, regardless of how difficult or "special" one feels for having it.
    Then why make such a big fuss about it? They are n/a anymore and that should be no problem for anyone, because they don't matter anyhow.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course a challenge can be preserved it's 2022 guy scaling technology exists. See the mage tower for an easy example

FOMO is shit and has always been shit why would you advocate for taking content out of the game

The mage tower is NOT the same challenge as when it was current content and the way it currently plays for many classes is vastly different than it originally was.
    Which is probably a big part of the reason the original appearances did not return and that is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Then why make such a big fuss about it? They are n/a anymore and that should be no problem for anyone, because they don't matter anyhow.

- - - Updated - - -

The mage tower is NOT the same challenge as when it was current content and the way it currently plays for many classes is vastly different than it originally was.
    Which is probably a big part of the reason the original appearances did not return and that is a good thing.
    Making a big fuss? I'm discussing it inside a thread dedicated to the subject being discussed guy c'mon lol. And I completed mage tower on several different classes both in legion and SL. No it's not a carbon copy, but it's way more than close enough to imitate the original difficulty (if not improved since legion) so yeah, it can be done easily.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Is not like that.

You have things like Frosty (among many other). Unique, no longer obtainable items, based on an event.

We need more of this.
    FOMO can die in a fire why anybody would advocate for it is beyond me. There are plenty of other things in life to help you feel special of that's the case

I am Murloc!
    Some stuff being exclusive is fine, and I'd argue certain titles or something like gladiator mounts are about the only things that should remain 'exclusive'. In my eyes it's hard to capture the essence of a PvP season and have the rewards obtainable afterwards, as the meta and balance was at a very particular moment in time.

When talking about features in the game I don't really agree at all. Not in everyway, but other games have crafted particular aspects of timewalking better than WoW has to make older content feel a bit more relevant, and there's no reason that Blizzard can't do the same. Everything is so locked down in iLvL scaling in WoW (and has been for well over a decade) that there's no reason things like MoP or WoD challenge modes need to disappear. It's actually perplexing to me that a feature as big as those simply don't exist anymore and would certainly cater to both casual and hardcore audiences alike. Whether they need to have the exact same rewards is up to debate, but at the very least they should offer something pretty similar if not exactly the same.

To me it's just a waste of resources to add something big only to simply remove it. There's nothing wrong with challenges in the game and this is especially true if they aren't going anywhere. I'm also annoyed at how Blizzard approaches raid mounts in any individual expansion too. I think the option to go back and farm 1% chance mounts is fine but an option where you could limit iLvL and power through the interface for a chance at said mount with a 100% chance should also be an option.

I've done pretty much everything that I've detailed in my post but I see no reason to gatekeep rewards with the allure of them being limited time only. The game needs more challenges that are always relevant, and when you have them available literally all of the time I think complaining about the difficulty actually falls upon deaf ears. The mage tower returning but only being available every ~5 months was actually really stupid, thankfully they changed that.

A really big hint to those that want exclusive rewards, most people really don't care. I generally play the game for the experience and friends that I play the game with. If people really care about your exclusive achievements they'll look into your achievement history to scour that actual dates that you achieved them. Guess what? Nobody does that because nobody gives a shit. The game in general is just better for everybody if basically everything is available. This includes most seasonal events, challenge modes and even achievements like the proto drakes at the launch of WoTLK. They literally have the client data for Vanilla WoW, and realistically there's no reason they can't add an older version of Naxxaramas or Zul'Gurub back into the game so people could farm them if they wanted too. The exclusivity coming solely from the BMAH isn't exactly exciting.

A lot of people in this thread are just giving Blizzard a pass to be lazy. You're essentially saying it's impossible for them to balance previous features to be somewhat challenging or nearly as challenging as it was. It doesn't really matter if it doesn't mirror that difficulty exactly, my point is that they can and should get it close enough to where it doesn't need to be removed. They went through the entirety of MoP and WoD challenge modes, meaning that they should have a general idea of what the power level should be when balancing these dungeons. Same goes for any time exclusive rewards.

The TLDR here is don't let Blizzard be lazy. They're fully capable of TW features removed from the game in addition to adding additional toggles and difficulty options where you could mostly experience old raid encounters at a similar (but not exact) difficulty option.