Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaneo View Post
    Random thread gave me the idea. With WoD dungeons being turned into mythic plus how would you feel if the WoD heirloom trinkets dropped again as a bonus reward much like they did in WoD?

I think it would be a nice little bonus reward but kind of curious about what the general feel is around these types of rewards.
    would be pretty neat, and with MT coming back it would be cool to see MoP CMs to come back and offer the rewards they used to do. Its a shame blizzard didnt include the OG MT weapon mogs (beacuse honestly, the challenges are as difficult now as they were back then and a recolored ToS set really felt extremly cheap). sadly i dont see it happening since blizzard loves FOMO content. artificial scarcity is something i never going to understand, beacuse honestly why put in money and effort into something that will be temporary in a game? just put it behind challeninging content instead of a timer. Yes i do have some exclusives myself (22 MT appearances) and i would love to see people getting acess to them again beacuse in all honesty, why would i be mad if someone else has what i have? wont make me any less unike if i have the same thing as someone else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Time limited content is stupid, so are time limited rewards.

Legacy achievements nothing comes to mind that would speak against it.

But timelimited rewards are economically stupid, too. It just means cutting attractive content from the game. Content that had a cost creating it.
    They just throw it out of the window.

Also it gives players who joined the game later the middle finger. How charming.
    "BuT tHeN i Am NoT sPeCiAl AnYmOrE REEEEEEE" but jokes aside, you are on point. I would love to get acess to CM mogs again beacuse i missed out on them while they werre current and it would be awesome to do CMs in MoP and WoD, after all they layed the foundation for what M+ is today, and to replay that would be pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    First off, it's a video game. Nothing is ''worth'' anything. And if you want exclusivity, which in of itself I'm not all against, as long as it's tied to skill or time investment like you said.

Exclusivity because somebody did not log in during may 2012-july 2012 does not create ''worth'' and creates a negative 'FOMO' type of exclusivity, which is always bad. You want to keep it available so that all players at any point can decide of they want to obtain the skill or give the time investment necessary to obtain w/e it is they are after. Adding content to your game just so you can take it out out of the game is dumb af. See the most recent example: mage tower.
    That is like... literally what i wrote in my second sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Exclusivity has its places. But time based exclusivity is just marketing. No prestige or anything. That shouldn't exist.
    Pretty much this, worst thing about it is that after a while of fomo content/rewards new players just won't join cause they missed to much

Its like shooting yourself with small bullets... well they dont kill you but after a while you will just bleed out. And its definitelly better to throw it to shop if you are hell bent on retiring content.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaneo View Post
    Random thread gave me the idea. With WoD dungeons being turned into mythic plus how would you feel if the WoD heirloom trinkets dropped again as a bonus reward much like they did in WoD?

I think it would be a nice little bonus reward but kind of curious about what the general feel is around these types of rewards.
    didn't they come from the mission table? the void tendril one did I am pretty sure

TBH I'd really like if timed PvP Elite gear returned in some sort of PvP timewalking.

It also doesn't help that the stuff you couldn't either there's also the whole issue with the Black Market.

Didn't get the Swift Zulian Tiger mount when ZG was a raid? Well you can get it by paying huge amounts of gold and competing with all those people who've been buying tokens to get more gold and from the boosters.

And don't forget the nightmare of exclusivity that was the WoW TCG where you needed to get packs for codes to get specific items like those special tabards, or the chicken mount, or that Ethereal pet that's also a vendor that lets you dress like an Ethereal.....

Exclusivity earned through skill is one thing, time and money constrained exclusivity is not what I call my idea of "fun".

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I was expanding on my position since you quoted me first and saying the same as I said basically (although I said it badly)
    In that case agree to agree^^

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    didn't they come from the mission table? the void tendril one did I am pretty sure
    There were...4 or 5 that came from mythic dungeons only.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    No, not in any case. Exclusivity is good, not everyone needs to have everything.
    Thing is, in an MMO, "exclusivity" is an ever changing target. Like, I got warglaives back in TBC, do you think I care if Jimmy the Scrub runs BT every week for 2 years to get a pair now? Or a mage that got Atiesh in Vanilla would care if they put original Naxx back in now so people could grind one out? No... I, and they wouldnt. Because the bar for "exclusive" is always becoming something new

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Pvp I kind of get. You can never repeat the seasons balance so rewards for classes are not static. There are some seasons with very few certain classes earning elite sets.
    Yet PvP players can mow down every raid pre-BfA with the Legacy buffs to farm the Mythic sets. Why can't people that do PvE do the same? I'm not saying they should hand it over, but like, if you get 2400 rating in the current season, you can buy all the old legacy sets with Marks of Honor. Which would still make it much harder than PvPers farming all raids, but if they make it too easy, that playerbase will go nuts over 'muh prestige'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post
    Yet PvP players can mow down every raid pre-BfA with the Legacy buffs to farm the Mythic sets. Why can't people that do PvE do the same? I'm not saying they should hand it over, but like, if you get 2400 rating in the current season, you can buy all the old legacy sets with Marks of Honor. Which would still make it much harder than PvPers farming all raids, but if they make it too easy, that playerbase will go nuts over 'muh prestige'.
    I can see an argument for letting them age in but I also can see the argument for not doing so... it's a tricky question. You are right by that logic mythic mounts and sets should be retired ( if they didn't tie it to an awful idea like immortal they well could of been).

I would say a year plus a tier for pvp and it can't be as easy as Marks of honor... maybe once at 2400 and you earn the glad mount you can have a roll over bar the way pvp mounts work and eventually get a token for a set or a weapon enchant or mount.

Honestly, once an expansion is considered Legacy, sets should be buyable with Marks. Would still allow them to have close to two expacs "worth" of exclusivity for their sets/mounts.

You know what .. why not fuck it?
    Add vendors with all the titles, mounts and transmogs and make them buy-able with some sort of marks that are awarded from anything you do, even walking .. walk 30 meters, get 1 mark.
    No more chance, no more skill, no more fomo, no more nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Thing is, in an MMO, "exclusivity" is an ever changing target. Like, I got warglaives back in TBC, do you think I care if Jimmy the Scrub runs BT every week for 2 years to get a pair now? Or a mage that got Atiesh in Vanilla would care if they put original Naxx back in now so people could grind one out? No... I, and they wouldnt. Because the bar for "exclusive" is always becoming something new

I don't know if you care, but I care. This also applies to items that I do not possess.

I just want elite PvP sets to be obtainable after season is over somehow. So many fantastic recolors just gone forever makes no sense, especially since raid sets just get easier to obtain with every expansion.

And I'm saying this as someone who got all PvP elite sets for his main...

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Exclusivity is a marketing strategy. The fact that it appeals to a small segment of gamers who need to find validation through their video game "achievements" doesn't make it a good thing.
    Good thing for those that have it, bad for those that missed out. Just cause you don’t have it doesn’t mean you are entitled to it. Entitlement, the biggest problem with millennials.

In before “ i ALREady hAvE iT. i Am dOINg thIs bEcAuse I tHink It IS uNJUST blah BlAH Blah”

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Considering you can still get them, they are no exclusive….

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Good thing for those that have it, bad for those that missed out. Just cause you don’t have it doesn’t mean you are entitled to it. Entitlement, the biggest problem with millennials.

In before “ i ALREady hAvE iT. i Am dOINg thIs bEcAuse I tHink It IS uNJUST blah BlAH Blah”.
    It's not that often you see someone try to make an argument and then tank it all within a three line post.

You think it's difficult or rare to have gotten time locked items/mounts/titles? A good chunk of these things that have been removed weren't difficult to get at the time, you just had to be playing. So yeah, having been playing since vanilla I have a looot of things that are no longer available, and despite what you seem to think they don't improve my playing experience. And it's not about it being "unjust". Like I said, it's just a marketing tool to tap into FOMO and get people to play right now instead of maybe playing at some other point down the road.

In before “ i ALREady hAvE iT. i Am dOINg thIs bEcAuse I tHink It IS uNJUST blah BlAH Blah”

- - - Updated - - -

At the time they were. Seeing rogues and warriors with glaives was a big deal back then

- - - Updated - - -

wanting a fair chance to earn things isnt entitlement, entitlement would be if someone said "i want X thing for free".
    Id love to see things that were lost to time (aka fomo rewards to return). It doesnt devalue what others have, it doesnt devalue the work people put in when it was current content and it motivates people to collect stuff, which means people will play more. The fact that they put in hours and $ to make things just for them to go away is just waste of time, money and frustrates people.

I mean, should i be mad that people can earn a mythic tier set throught legacy content that i had to work hard to get for when it was current? ofcourse not, beacuse being mad at that would be childish.

take MT for example, i put in quite the effort to get the skins i wanted (21 skins in total that i aquired). i wouldnt mind at all if these rewards came back, infact id be happy to see them being used by people and earned again. I mean, when was the last time saw someone with the cata elite pvp sets? some sets are so rare that you dont even know they exsist until you search them up.

More options is always good, but i dont raise my hopes up for stuff to come back and if it comes back it will be absolute trash rewards (seriously, new MT brought back recolored Mythic ToS gear, sure the mount is a cool addition but the rest was just meh. not to mention they could put in a recolored bear but they refused to bring back the other rewards as recolors so they are very all over the place with their design philosophies).

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Exlusivity is good. Something everyone has is "worth" nothing. Treemount.

Exclusivity trough timelimitation is shit though.

It should come trhough skill and/or timeinvestment. Like a mount you have to grind one year every day for. This is something very few will ever have. But no one is ever barred from getting it. Or the Mythic Raiding mount.

- - - Updated - - -

Disagree. Just because there is a recolor doesn't mean they are the same. Hell most old PVP elite sets don't even have any alternatives. They are just gone forever.
    just beaucse something is avaible doesnt mean everyone has it, it doesnt devalue your work towards a thing. like others said, time limited content is a waste of money and resources, always been and always will. i mean, cutting edge is there, does that mean everyone has it? no it doesnt.

pvp sets is also a massive waste, especielly since RMX been a steady thing for years, meanwhile i as mythic raider can still refarm old mythic gear if i want to. taking away stuff is never a good idea and reintroducing things people can work for would make it worth for people to stay longer. it wont devalue what you or i have, as long as the challenge is adequate.