Page 19 of 55 FirstFirst ...
9
17
18
19
20
21
29
... LastLast
  1. #361
    Mechagnome Recovery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by datguy81 View Post
    Then it will evolve into its coming in next patch or next xpac. It’s honestly a deeply disturbing obsession some have with it
    Honestly, I wish Blizz would introduce tinker... Except, dont do it anything like the fanboys want it to be. Make it terrible. Practically unplayable.

    Id love to relish in the salty tears of all of the obsessionists.

  2. #362
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    But they follow your logic of "class creation rules": "all expansion classes have done so, therefore all others will do so as well."


    So is the warcraft 3 hero element.


    A whole lot of nothing. As another poster pointed out, all you have is three datapoints that in no way, shape or form proves what you're trying to claim is true.

    If you want to prove your subjectively arbitrary rule is, indeed, an actual rule in Blizzard's class creation process, you need to prove it with with a statement from Blizzard itself. Your "it is that way because I say it is that way" claims are not valid arguments when one is talking about facts.


    It's a fact, though: you do sank your own argument.


    That is also a fact. There were no monk heroes in Warcraft until MoP came along.

    - - - Updated - - -


    You are honest enough to admit to that. Teriz, on the other hand, like the dishonest hack he is, still keeps repeating the same debunked fallacies and dishonest statements over and over.


    This "writing on the wall" that said tinkers were WoW's next class... yet we got monks? This "writing on the wall" that said tinkers were WoW's next class, then we got demon hunters? This "writing on the wall" that said tinkers were WoW's next class... yet we got nothing in Shadowlands?

    Call it "writing on the wall", call it "reading tea leaves", call it however you want: it's nothing but wishful thinking.
    What?? Anyone who was convinced tinker was coming in mop, legion, or SL without a doubt is a troll.

    Now it's different. Now there is nothing standing in the way of Tinkers. This is why I say nothing has priority over them.

    I'm sorry man but SL killed any chance of necros and DRs, you know this... Why would they not introduce either one in an expansion about death and sylvanas of they ever intended to make them a class? The answer is simple...

    Bards, as much as you like to compare to monks, don't hold a real sturdy place in wow lore, even monks had chen at least. They're just a bunch of npcs thrown in as atmospheric flavor.

    MAYBE down the line they could be another class or spec or even professor. But you can't tell me with a straight face that bards would be higher on the list for wow.

    You need to think of gobs and gnomes too. They're a huge part of the game and supply much to both their factions. Yet players aren't able to create their quintessential class.

    Like we can make orc warlocks, human DK, forsaken hunters, draenie priests, belf mages, panda monks, nelf DHs.

    Yet we can't make a goblin, gnome, or freaking MECHAGNOME, tinker?????

    Like that's what almost every racial rep for those guys are full fledged Tinkers, not engineer wannabes.

    We can't go into combat as a meched out goblin like gazlowe or blackfuse or mekkatorque.

    Don't you see the sin in that???

    On top of the fact that wow needs a new class to bring back players and attract new players. You have to see that this writing is full proof.
    Last edited by Varx; 2022-03-29 at 03:09 PM.

  3. #363
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    But they follow your logic of "class creation rules": "all expansion classes have done so, therefore all others will do so as well."
    No, the argument is that since all three expansion classes have come directly from the WC3 heroes, then the next WoW class will follow suit. What happens to that concept once it enters WoW is a completely different argument, and also completely arbitrary.

    So is the warcraft 3 hero element.
    All three classes used the WC3 heroes rather extensively. Everything from abilities to general appearance to armor concepts.

    A whole lot of nothing. As another poster pointed out, all you have is three datapoints that in no way, shape or form proves what you're trying to claim is true.
    My argument is that Blizzard utilizes WC3 heroes to construct WoW expansion classes. In 2008, 2012, and 2016 Blizzard did exactly that. How does that "in no way shape or form" prove what I'm talking about?

    If you want to prove your subjectively arbitrary rule is, indeed, an actual rule in Blizzard's class creation process, you need to prove it with with a statement from Blizzard itself. Your "it is that way because I say it is that way" claims are not valid arguments when one is talking about facts.
    It's the way it is because we have multiple points of evidence showing that to be the case.

    It's a fact, though: you do sank your own argument.
    Saying that Blizzard is capable of doing something in no way invalidates what Blizzard has done. This is like me saying that Blizzard is likely going to make 11.0, and you say that Blizzard could cut off WoW before that happens. They definitely could, but that in no way invalidates the argument that there is very likely going to be an expansion after the next one.

  4. #364
    Can we not just have threads where the entire thing devolves into "Teriz's twisted logic vs. everyone else"? Don't think that was the point of this post

  5. #365
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    Can we not just have threads where the entire thing devolves into "Teriz's twisted logic vs. everyone else"? Don't think that was the point of this post
    I would love to hear how the logic is twisted.

    “WoW expansion classes came directly from WC3, thus the next WoW expansion class will also come from WC3.”

    That’s simple logic, not twisted logic. Some folks just think it’s “twisted” because their class of choice doesn’t make the cut.

  6. #366
    Tinker chance was BFA get over it. There is no writing in the wall that would support tinker. Only plausibility of engineering. Light forged armor is light aspect and naaru magic. Blood elf constructs are arcane powered. Nightborne constructs are arcane, felreavers are fel powered. Mechagon was tinker chance and now its mechagone

  7. #367
    Quote Originally Posted by Deneios View Post
    Bfa had your mechagnomes and that boat has sailed 2 years ago. Same for necromancers in shadowlands.
    i mean now that we repaired "machinery of death" and visited sl where we could learn some tricks, necromancer would make sense at the end of SL, but yeah, its very unlikely... still more likely than tinkers, but thats very low bar

  8. #368
    Quote Originally Posted by Deneios View Post
    Tinker chance was BFA get over it. There is no writing in the wall that would support tinker. Only plausibility of engineering. Light forged armor is light aspect and naaru magic. Blood elf constructs are arcane powered. Nightborne constructs are arcane, felreavers are fel powered. Mechagon was tinker chance and now its mechagone
    Lol no it wasn't. The story didn't call for it at the start and they're not gonna make a new class mid expansion. And we had DH the expansion prior...

    If you don't see the writing then you haven't been paying attention.

  9. #369
    Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    Can we not just have threads where the entire thing devolves into "Teriz's twisted logic vs. everyone else"? Don't think that was the point of this post
    yeah... i mean forums are for discusing stuff, but he is not even discusing, he is repeating his poor arguments and ignoring what everyone else says

  10. #370
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    What?? Anyone who was convinced tinker was coming in mop, legion, or SL without a doubt is a troll.
    Teriz been convicted they are coming for wod, mop, legion, BFA, SL.

    Honestly we are over due for blizzard to unlock more class/race combos next x pac not a new class

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    yeah... i mean forums are for discusing stuff, but he is not even discusing, he is repeating his poor arguments and ignoring what everyone else says
    Pretty much. I am surprised a blind eye is turned to it.

  11. #371
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    yeah... i mean forums are for discusing stuff, but he is not even discusing, he is repeating his poor arguments and ignoring what everyone else says
    Well he's responding to what everyone says. But if no one agrees then it's destined to go on.

    That's kinda how debating works.

  12. #372
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Well he's responding to what everyone says. But if no one agrees then it's destined to go on.

    That's kinda how debating works.
    no its not...
    if i say A and you say counterargument that disproves A, and i REPEAT A, its not discusion, and its pretty much what he does...
    discusion would be after counterargument to A reacting to that counterargument, or using another argument, not repeating the same...

  13. #373
    Elemental Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    8,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Absurdwow View Post
    Absolutely hate the idea of tinker. Yes it is in WC3 but so what. Use fresh ideas.
    Gimme blademaster! KreyGasm!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

  14. #374
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Gimme blademaster! KreyGasm!
    Your in luck you can make an arms warrior!

  15. #375
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    There will never be tinkers as a class. Never.

    Remember it before posting: will never be.
    same thing teriz and others said about demon hunters
    and now look where we are

  16. #376
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Your in luck you can make an arms warrior!
    Imagine looking at Arms and looking at Samuro in HotS and thinking they're the same thing

    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Well he's responding to what everyone says. But if no one agrees then it's destined to go on.

    That's kinda how debating works.
    That's not debating, my dude. Teriz has some sort of disconnect somewhere.

    He has his A arguments vs. literally anyone elses' (varied) B arguments. Teriz seems only capable of processing his own arguments. It's not "a discussion", it's Teriz (who has been in the past, hilariously wrong (Demon Hunters pre-2015 was a FUN topic for him) so his positions are just as flawed as anyone elses, yet he will ignore any evidence against his points in favor of his own. In debates, you consider all evidence. In discussion, you consider the other people's perspectives.

    Teriz doesn't have conversations, he jumps on basically anyone with a different perspective and repeats his points until they give up.

    Don't follow his logic just because he supports Tinkers my dude, tons of us do.
    Last edited by Zankai27; 2022-03-29 at 04:15 PM.

  17. #377
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    no its not...
    if i say A and you say counterargument that disproves A, and i REPEAT A, its not discusion, and its pretty much what he does...
    discusion would be after counterargument to A reacting to that counterargument, or using another argument, not repeating the same...
    Except the general argument; “WoW expansion classes come from WC3, thus the next WoW class is also going to come from WC3” has never been disproven.

    Saying “nuh-uh” is not a counter argument.

  18. #378
    Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    Imagine looking at Arms and looking at Samuro in HotS and thinking they're the same thing
    well, if someone can look at hunter and say its the same as dark ranger...
    its the same, just instead of both using bow they both use 2h weapon

  19. #379
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Dude, before you go around opening your mouth, educate yourself on what "high fantasy" means.
    I know what is, that is why i corrected, you like everybody else.

    Also your idea that wow is high fantasy core is wrong, stop it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Gimme blademaster! KreyGasm!
    Ascension WoW is there for you.
    Last edited by Dioporco; 2022-03-29 at 04:15 PM.

  20. #380
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Deneios View Post
    Tinker chance was BFA get over it. There is no writing in the wall that would support tinker.
    Island Expeditions teams using HotS Tinker abilities
    Mechagon
    Goblin and Gnome NPCs in Exiles Reach
    Mech Dragon pet and mount
    Gazlowe formally joining the Horde
    Mekkatorque unifying Gnomes and getting a Spark Reactor
    Gallywix negotiating with Brokers
    Return to Kezan.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •