Page 28 of 55 FirstFirst ...
18
26
27
28
29
30
38
... LastLast
  1. #541
    The Lightbringer ercarp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Suramar
    Posts
    3,949
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Unless if it is just for the sake of it and not because it will make the game better. After all you gotta give people a reason to come back I guess.
    Adding a new class is probably one of the most effective ways to get the casual playerbase to come back. People like to get shiny new toys they can play with, and a new class is exactly that. After the back-to-back failure of BfA and SL, I think a new class is almost a guarantee for 10.0

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    It wasn't a Tinker joke, it was a leaker joke, Tinker was just a fluff addition. Now if they'd actually described Tinkers in a joking way I'd agree it's not happening, but really, it had nothing to do with Tinkers, and entirely to do with leak culture.
    This is what I've been saying as well. I don't think it eliminates the possibility that we might get Tinkers in the future; maybe even as early as 10.0.

  2. #542
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Adding a new class is probably one of the most effective ways to get the casual playerbase to come back. People like to get shiny new toys they can play with, and a new class is exactly that. After the back-to-back failure of BfA and SL, I think a new class is almost a guarantee for 10.0
    I agree with this; they really need to go big this time and they know what that means.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    This is what I've been saying as well. I don't think it eliminates the possibility that we might get Tinkers in the future; maybe even as early as 10.0.
    Like, it honestly is entirely a meta joke; casual fans who don't follow speculation and don't know what Tinkers are, they wouldn't even know the joke even mentions a class people actually talk about.

  3. #543
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Again: "3 for 3" we should've had a class in Shadowlands. How did that go?

    And in case you try to duck out of way of my point again: patterns are bullshit if your intention is to state facts about future classes.
    Nah, WoD broke the cycle of “Race > Class > Race > Class”
    Technically MoP broke the cycle too because it got both a new race and a new class.

    Besides there’s no class that could’ve viably been put in SL.

  4. #544
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    There will never be WoW Classic. Never.

    Remember it before posting: will never be. Also, shouldn't you be in the Warlock forums incessantly complaining?
    Given tinkerererer is in april fools patch notes, guess the jokes on you.

  5. #545
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    This is what I've been saying as well. I don't think it eliminates the possibility that we might get Tinkers in the future; maybe even as early as 10.0.
    Just think for a second what it would have sounded like without that 'Tinker', especially to somebody not familiar with the concept of feature leaks, and you see why they did it.

    I'm still for Tinkler as next new class.

  6. #546
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Aye, but it was the flavor text that got me. A good laugh at all who makes these "leaks".
    The word tinker in there makes it not just about leaks in general. I read two things here.

  7. #547
    Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    Given tinkerererer is in april fools patch notes, guess the jokes on you.
    I think you need to reread my post and the post I was replying to if you think I was made a fool.

  8. #548
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    If you believe that, then you don't know what the word "objectively" means.
    There’s no word that is more misused, it’s a huge pet peeve of mine. It is supposed to be something that is an incontrovertible fact but people somewhere learned that it’s really just a way to try to sound smart and shut down debate.

    In most cases, what it really means is, “My head is so far up my ass that I can’t even recognize that other people might disagree with me, so I think my opinion is objective.”

  9. #549
    Glad we’ll find out soon and see who’s got their foot in their mouth.

  10. #550
    Would be funny if they still bring in tinker but use a different name like mechanic or something.

    Still have my doubts tinkers will happen next xpac overall if it’s dragon themed. (Unless the focus is more on Titan tech I guess)
    Will they happen eventually? Of course.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-04-01 at 03:04 PM.

  11. #551
    tinkers were an april fools joke but dark rangers weren't.

  12. #552
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Nah, WoD broke the cycle of “Race > Class > Race > Class”
    Technically MoP broke the cycle too because it got both a new race and a new class.

    Besides there’s no class that could’ve viably been put in SL.
    ... I hope you're realizing you're making my argument for me, here....

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    In most cases, what it really means is, “My head is so far up my ass that I can’t even recognize that other people might disagree with me, so I think my opinion is objective.”
    If that is how you wish to classify your own arguments, be my guest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  13. #553
    As much as I'd like Tinkers, I think this is the nail in the coffin for them to appear in 10.0. If they were planning on including Tinkers, it seems to me that they'd have just listed the April Fool's class as just "Leaker" right and excluded the Tinker mention entirely. Nothing in the class description really even references the Tinker aspect, just the leaker aspect. It's a fairly unnecessary addition to the gag.

    So er... Dragon class I guess?

  14. #554
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I suppose you could say that if your intention is to completely and dishonestly misrepresent my arguments.
    As long as you intend to keep shifting them, there's no way for you to honestly represent them yourself either.

    Really?! Care to link to some of those discussions? Because all I know about is about the runemaster, and nothing concrete was said about why they did not pick that particular concept.
    We do know that they planned to limit it down to 8 classes at start, which is the reason why they decided to cut many of their concepts down. Otherwise there would have been what, 27 classes?

    With Wrath, we also know the reasons why Necromancer and Runemaster were cut. Xelnath's blog details how the DK became playable, and how it was put into an internal 'vote' (involving a 1-to-1 discussion with designers and talking out the pros and cons between Runemaster and DK) with the DK eventually winning through, given to Corey Stockton to design. The end result is a DK with elements of the Runemaster and Necromancer added back into their concept.

    With Legion, we know that the Demon Hunter was planned for a long time, but not made playable. It was technically never 'cut', but if you consider this was a concept that existed as far back as being considered in the original 27 classes, then in a way you could consider that being 'cut' in Vanilla and finally making its way back into Legion. And along the way, Xelnath had planned to absorb the DH completely into the Warlock, an idea he pushed for but others pushed back on. Again, detailed on his blog.


    With all the information we have on class design behind the scenes, where do we see Professions being any significant factor on deciding what classes become playable and what doesn't? There isn't any.

    I asked you to prove your claim. You remain silent on the matter. I'm giving you plenty of chances to explain yourself here. You're the one choosing to divert the topic away.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-04-01 at 05:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  15. #555
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    ... I hope you're realizing you're making my argument for me, here....
    If your point was that class>race cycle every expansion have been broken already and thus makes sense why Shadowlands has no new race or class, then sure.

  16. #556
    Give me Dragonsworn instead.

  17. #557
    I am expecting a Darkfallen AR that serves as "Dark Rangers: the race" in 9.2.5 and an actual new class and/or race in 10.0.

    Drakonid have a unique female form in Hearthstone (boobs + no tentacle beard) so that would be the most likely dragon race.

    https://hearthstone.fandom.com/wiki/...konid_full.jpg

  18. #558
    Quote Originally Posted by Elflover99 View Post
    I am expecting a Darkfallen AR that serves as "Dark Rangers: the race" in 9.2.5 and an actual new class and/or race in 10.0.

    Drakonid have a unique female form in Hearthstone (boobs + no tentacle beard) so that would be the most likely dragon race.

    https://hearthstone.fandom.com/wiki/...konid_full.jpg
    A face only a mother could love :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  19. #559
    Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    Given tinkerererer is in april fools patch notes, guess the jokes on you.
    I'm thinking a "tink" should show... in the form of a particular fairy.

  20. #560
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I suppose you could say that if your intention is to completely and dishonestly misrepresent my arguments.


    Really?! Care to link to some of those discussions? Because all I know about is about the runemaster, and nothing concrete was said about why they did not pick that particular concept.

    - - - Updated - - -


    Again: "3 for 3" we should've had a class in Shadowlands. How did that go?

    And in case you try to duck out of way of my point again: patterns are bullshit if your intention is to state facts about future classes.
    We weren't guaranteed anything in shadowlands. You are saying we "should've" like there was proof we were going to have a class...a definitive, yes we will get a class in Shadowlands. Its the same argument you are using against why they won't use pre-existing classes as a template for the next class they add. And you try to show a pattern, but the pattern was broken 10 years ago in MoP. The pattern for WC3 units becoming the next playable launch class hasn't been broken yet.

    It doesn't matter when a 4th class is added post-launch, because the argument isn't about when it will be. It's about what it will be. There is no definititve time frame.

    We've gone from 2 new races (and class added to opposite faction - TBC), to new class (WotLK), to 2 new races (Cata), to new race and class (MoP), to nothing (WoD), to new class/allied races (Legion), to allied races (BfA), to nothin (SL - unless they drop allied races in 9.2.5).

    All this shows is when they are adding things, not what (type of race/class) those things are. A better argument for you would be how they've ignored pre-existing racial requests like High Elf, Ogre, and Naga to buck the system by adding completely NEW things like Void Elf and Vulpera.

    None of this changes that 3 of the last 3 post-launch classes are refurbished WC3 heroes. Not getting a class in SL doesn't change that we are still 3 for 3 new classes coming from WC3 units.
    Last edited by wushootaki; 2022-04-01 at 06:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •