Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharnath View Post
    really....

REALLY!?!

edit: It was never about Tinkerers... It was about 1 group being wrong and another group being correct and the latter lording it over the former.
    They been wrong every x pac since wod

Quote Originally Posted by datguy81 View Post
    They been wrong every x pac since wod
    And..........................................................?

Quote Originally Posted by Kharnath View Post
    And..........................................................?
    And the cycle continues X reason why tinker is being added in next xpac/patch and it never happens. Than it starts all over

Yeah it was a good run. I was really rooting for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Supertoster View Post
    If HoTs is enough basement for new class, then Tinker should be even higher on the list, because Tinkers are both in lore, in WoW game, and in Hots (Gazlow)
    And we may be getting that with the Professions revamp coming up this very expansion.

If the Miners gear and 'backpack' is any indication, they could totally fit the entire Tinker fantasy into the new Profession outfits and round it out with new gadgets that mimic HotS Tinker abilities, like deployable turrets and grav bombs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I'd love a Tinker class. I would especially love a mech-based Tinker. I think the problem is that Blizzard is afraid to create a Gnome/Goblin-based expansion to bring them in. Undermine will always be a possible new continent though, so as long as Undermine is out there, the Tinker has a chance at implementation.
    I does not have to be a goblin/gnome themed expansion. Tinkers are basically war-engineers. Any theme that involves warfare or any other technological factions could work.
    Tbh, Tinkers could have been added in BfA with all this azerite tech and Horde/Alliance arms race.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    And we may be getting that with the Professions revamp coming up this very expansion.

If the Miners gear and 'backpack' is any indication, they could totally fit the entire Tinker fantasy into the new Profession outfits and round it out with new gadgets that mimic HotS Tinker abilities, like deployable turrets and grav bombs.
    I didn't even think of that. Makes sense.
    If Engineers get a backpack with robotic arms, the Tinker class dream is over. Maybe it can be an Engineering title.

I have my fingers crossed for the Tinker fans to get their class soon because seeing the backlash from some people is quite sad...

I'm quite happy with Drakthyr/Evoker so I'm all for the Tinkers to get their Tinkers now.

If HoTs is enough basement for new class, then Tinker should be even higher on the list, because Tinkers are both in lore, in WoW game, and in Hots (Gazlow)
    I don't like to use that word, but 'copium' really reeks here.

Every single time. Every single pre-expansion-reveal. Every single "leak season".

It's always "tinkers are at the top of the list!" "tinkers are top priority!" "tinkers are gonna be the new class!" Always the same tiresome, repetitive spiel.

When will you guys accept that there isn't a "priority list", and if there is one, the tinker is not at the top of it? Wrath, MoP, Legion and now Dragonflight. Four expansions that brought us four new classes. And of those four, three (arguably all four) that were below tinker in popularity were added into the game.

Two of them barely registering in people's radars, like monk and evoker. At least not until 'dragons' became the running theory for next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    aaaaand its gone. So again next few years hype around! :P
    Last edited by czarek; 2022-04-21 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I didn't even think of that. Makes sense.
    If Engineers get a backpack with robotic arms, the Tinker class dream is over. Maybe it can be an Engineering title.
    I cant wait for Engineers tp get a backpack with robotic arms

10+ Year Old Account
    I just realized the cruel irony of Evoker.
    Their key feature is charge-abilities. Guess who has the same ability in HotS?
    Gazlow. The tinker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gazlow. The tinker.
    Nothing says the Tinker couldn't be implemented in the future, and could utilize such an ability. If anything, the addition of charge abilities to the Evoker further opens up an inevitable Tinker class to more ability options.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post

Hopefully, this is the case. Iterate on engineering to make tinkers rather than gutting it to make a class. Maybe alchemy too to satisfy the alchemist class itch (aoe damage and healing vials?).

Nothing says the Tinker couldn't be implemented in the future, and could utilize such an ability. If anything, the addition of charge abilities to the Evoker further opens up an inevitable Tinker class to more ability options.
    I'm pretty sure they will introduce charged abilities to more classes in the future to begin with, its just a new system they are experimenting with, so at first they naturally restrict it to the new class, where they can remove it fast if it ends up causing more problems then doing good. Marksman Hunters are a prime candidate for charged shots.

Sorry for those of you who had your hopes up. I know you really wanted this class. But don't give up your hope. People were told for many years that Demon Hunters and Pandaren would never be in the game. That the former would just be a Warlock spec if it was ever added at all and the latter was just a joke that Blizzard wouldn't dare put in the game because China for some reason. Don't let yourselves be discouraged. Keep shouting about what you'd like to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chain Chungus View Post
    Hopefully, this is the case. Iterate on engineering to make tinkers rather than gutting it to make a class. Maybe alchemy too to satisfy the alchemist class itch (aoe damage and healing vials?).
    Tinkers wouldn't take anything from engineering, since it is a class with its own abilities, and engineering is a profession that makes items.

In fact, a Tinker class would only make engineering better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    I'm pretty sure they will introduce charged abilities to more classes in the future to begin with, its just a new system they are experimenting with, so at first they naturally restrict it to the new class, where they can remove it fast if it ends up causing more problems then doing good. Marksman Hunters are a prime candidate for charged shots.
    I agree, and charged abilities would help MM a ton in carving out its own identity as a unique spec, instead of just Beastmaster without a pet.

Gazlow. The tinker.
    So do Y'rel, Hanzo, Alarak, and others. Should protoss be added to WoW as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Chain Chungus View Post
    I very much hope so.

Engineering has sucked for way too long, and I really enjoyed the profession for my Dwarf Pally. I would prefer having that tech aesthetic wherever I can get it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    So do Y'rel, Hanzo, Alarak, and others. Should protoss be added to WoW as well?
    They're one step away with the Dragoon in Shadowlands.

So it's fine for the tinker to copy features from other existing classes, but god forbid other class ideas do the same? You always kept harping how other concepts "take" what already exists in other classes, that two classes cannot have the same features, etc.

But when the tinker's concerned? Everything's valid, take whatever you want for however many classes you want?