Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    turning into a giant robo-tank is definitely not engineering either
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    turning into a giant robo-tank is definitely not engineering either
    For this we would need a Power Ranger Class!

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    For this we would need a Power Ranger Class!
    Blizzard already broke their old rule of needing to base classes off of WC3 so why not
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Honestly, I probably wouldn't respond at all.

For the last couple of years, I've grown to be passionate about two concepts; Tinkers and Dragons. I got one of my concepts realized, and I'm content with that. We got a unique class that offers new gameplay options, and we got a new class that fills the third Mail armor slot. That's all I've ever really wanted whether it was Tinker or Dragon, so I'm satisfied.

I will certainly miss some aspects of the great class debates, but at this point, I don't care about them anymore. Hopefully, the people wanting Necromancers, Dark Rangers, and whatever else get what they're pining for. Hopefully the people still desperately wanting Tinkers get them someday as well.
    I'm on your boat. At first I was all about dragons then
    jekyll and hyde 'ed into tinkers so I'm cool with it too.

Perhaps they should do something very special with engineering to make it happen somehow so the tinker fantasy could somehow be realized in combat.

Engineering always feels like the oddball professions since you can't really make decent gold with it as well as the other professions and instead focuses on quality of life items and enchants.

Maybe make engineering spell glyphs that turn various class abilities to have mech themed animations.

Like for paladins an avenging wrath engineering glyph turns your wings to look like Mercy's.

Maybe, a mech suit toy that allows you fight in a mech?

Maybe, more engineering enchants across more armor slots?

Engineering cosmetic back slot for the classic tinker look.

Idk, just some ideas off the top of my head that could satisfy that tinker itch without actually making them a class.

Honestly, after evokers, I'd rather have 4th specs over tinker.
    Last edited by Varx; 2022-04-25 at 11:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Blizzard already broke their old rule of needing to base classes off of WC3 so why not
    Man, Evoker still sounds weird. I can't help but think they could've had a better name. Tinker, potentially, has 'Artificer'.

Quote Originally Posted by puddypounce View Post
    24 days until Tinker reveal by Blizzard. They have been investing an enormous amount of time from their animation and art teams into creating unique racial animations for the class. They see this as a love letter to the most wildly popular new class request.

Edit: 23 days!
    They have them in Guild Wars 2 right now and they are fun to play. I think WoW missed the boat on this one. They should have implemented it with Mecha Gnomes the same way they are doing the evoker with the dragons.

I also think if they want to do this class made for a race type of specific combo- the class should be able to do all three roles (tank, heals, deeps) so that you don't miss out on a role you like just because you liked a certain race. The black drakonids that are already in game would make a mean tank. The black dragonflight is a very "tanky" flight in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. They just expanded it to include HotS. Honestly they were using HotS concepts when the created the DH class too.

you guys put up that poster on your wall yet saying tinkers will never happen - zolaris192?

1+ Year Old Account
    Not really. They just expanded it to include HotS. Honestly they were using HotS concepts when the created the DH class too.
    It still means them breaking away from WC3 for classes.

Though from what it looks, it seems like they aren't using HotS much at all for concepts and moreso just what we've seen in WoW from the dragons.
    Such as Red being DPS instead of healer, Bronze being healer instead of DPS, and Black not existing outside of (what I assume to be) base class abilities.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    It still means them breaking away from WC3 for classes.

Though from what it looks, it seems like they aren't using HotS much at all for concepts and moreso just what we've seen in WoW from the dragons.
    Such as Red being DPS instead of healer, Bronze being healer instead of DPS, and Black not existing outside of (what I assume to be) base class abilities.
    Eh, you’re still getting Alexstraza and Chromie’s HotS abilities in that class. The very name of the healing spec comes from one of Alexstraza’s abilities. Also I wouldn’t be surprised to see Deathwing’s HotS abilities popping up as well.

I find it more likely that rule never existed. Not every pattern was created on purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I find it more likely that rule never existed. Not every pattern was created on purpose.
    Every expansion class has come from WC3 and HotS. HotS is pretty much a mechanical successor/revamp of WC3. They used HotS concepts and designs in WC3:R for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by puddypounce View Post
    24 days until Tinker reveal by Blizzard. They have been investing an enormous amount of time from their animation and art teams into creating unique racial animations for the class. They see this as a love letter to the most wildly popular new class request.

Alliance:
    Gnomes: Gnomish tech (duh)
    Dark Iron Dwarves: Dark iron type tech (Think the drills and the BRD golems)
    Draenai: Alien crystal tech (you've seen the golems

Horde:
    Goblin: Standard goblin shredder type tech
    Mag'har orc: Iron Horde tech (It looks REALLY good).
    Blood Elf: Netherstorm blood elf type tech

Mail/intellect class.

Three specs:
    Enforcer: Tank. Battlesuit cooldown, with each race having a customized suit. Tank mechanic is built around a shield capacitor, with a focus on building large absorb shields to differentiate from other tanks.
    Alchemist: Healer. This spec plays most similar to how MOP Mistweaver played. There's a focus on self-spreading HOTS (and self-spreading DOTS). Some really cool visuals
    Engineer: Ranged DPS. I don't want to spoil it, but you guys are going to LOVE it.

All of these archetypes have been explored in WOW. The team has a ton of art direction to pull from and they are really excited about how this class came together.

Edit: 23 days!
    This aged well
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

There is absolutely nothing sacred when it comes to new class design, we need to all agree on this now following the expansion reveal

Does a new class need to have roots in Warcraft or the RTS? Nope.

Does a new class need an equivalent race in both factions? Nope. Can invent a new one on the spot.

Does a new class need to have been seen before on an NPC? Nope.

Does it need 3 specs? Nope.

Blizzard once again proves absolutely nothing is going to hold them back from any idea. So the arguments in opposition to anyone's class idea claiming "Blizzard can't/won't do that" is off the cards. Tinker could arrive, Bard could arrive, Storm Templar could arrive, Dinklesmasher could arrive...
    It's really just a matter of a bunch of nerds sitting around a table discussing if it would be cool or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    There is absolutely nothing sacred when it comes to new class design, we need to all agree on this now following the expansion reveal

Does a new class need to have roots in Warcraft or the RTS? Nope.

Does a new class need an equivalent race in both factions? Nope. Can invent a new one on the spot.

Does a new class need to have been seen before on an NPC? Nope.

Does it need 3 specs? Nope.

Blizzard once again proves absolutely nothing is going to hold them back from any idea. So the arguments in opposition to anyone's class idea claiming "Blizzard can't/won't do that" is off the cards. Tinker could arrive, Bard could arrive, Storm Templar could arrive, Dinklesmasher could arrive...
    It's really just a matter of a bunch of nerds sitting around a table discussing if it would be cool or not.
    I find this line of argumentation bizarre when the Evoker follows the same implementation structure of the previous expansion classes almost exactly. Which is why it was fairly easy to predict once the expansion theme was established.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I forget which interview specifically, but I could have sworn they’ve previously said that new classes had to have basis in Warcraft, which is why concepts like Runemaster didn’t make it in.

But I could be misremembering and I’m too lazy to go searching.

Though that doesn’t matter anymore because of the Evoker which has no backing in Warcraft. Which if it’s fun I wouldn’t mind because I could see it fitting the setting
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Though that doesn’t matter anymore because of the Evoker which has no backing in Warcraft.
    It literally comes from Alexstraza HotS. They just gave her and the other HotS dragons a class name to place their abilities under.

1+ Year Old Account
    It literally comes from Alexstraza HotS. They just gave her and the other HotS dragons a class name to place their abilities under.
    “Evoker has no backing in Warcraft”

“But HotS”

HotS isn’t Warcraft, and even if there are a few abilities that’re similar it just further reinforces that it doesn’t have backing in Warcraft.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    And from where it came to HotS?
    From pure imagination.
    If something is possible, healthy for the game, fun to play and fits the setting - it can be added. No rules are needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    “Evoker has no backing in Warcraft”

“But HotS”

HotS isn’t Warcraft, and even if there are a few abilities that’re similar it just further reinforces that it doesn’t have backing in Warcraft.
    Alexstraza comes from Warcraft, and HotS incorporated her, a WC hero, into the game and gave her class-like abilities and mechanics. Those abilities and mechanics were used for the development of the Dracthyr Evoker class/race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Supertoster View Post
    And from where it came to HotS?
    From pure imagination.
    If something is possible, healthy for the game, fun to play and fits the setting - it can be added. No rules are needed.
    Again, Alexstraza is a WC lore character/hero. So the basis for her HotS character originally came from Warcraft.