Thread: Oscars slap.

Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    What you should want is 'course correction' and not 'punishment'. Meaning it'd be better for Smith to talk about why he was wrong and how he is going to improve, and how young people shouldn't copy his behavior. This would be more valuable to society than punishing Will Smith with jail time.

I'd say most of the criticisms in this video can also be applied to non-celebrities just as much as celebrities.
    As I said Fuck Will Smith and Fuck Jada Too. I don’t care about how either of them feel. He broke the law he committed a crime at the Oscar’s and introduced violence when there was no cause. He should be a arrested and banned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    If the DA filed charges for every single slap one person has given another... the courts wouldn't have time for anything else. All those tax-payer dollars going to waste because someone fucked around and found out.

Again, if we were talking about a serious beatdown... my thoughts would be different. But this wasn't a serious beatdown.

People like to talk about Will Smith laughing at the joke before the slap...well, Chris Rock was laughing after the slap. He made it part of the show. So much so that people that were there weren't even sure that it wasn't just a bit. Some people are still saying that the whole thing was staged.

I've seen a lot of my friends get into worse tussles than that one. Didn't feel a need for charges to be pressed in those cases either.

Those are your friends and despite your ignorance a crime requires evidence which without a a victim willing to press charges is almost pointless.

This has clear evidence there is no need for the victim to come forward.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    I was wondering why BLM isn't protesting against violence against black people. Cherry picking - I mean, how selective. Revoke their Nobel Peace prize for fraud.
    That has zero to do with Black Lives Matter. Will Smith and Chris Rock who’s mocked police brutality and violence on black people, aren’t involved in violence based on their skin color.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    As I said Fuck Will Smith and Fuck Jada Too. I don’t care about how either of them feel. He broke the law he committed a crime at the Oscar’s and introduced violence when there was no cause. He should be a arrested and banned.
    So you have zero tolerance for mistakes? Smith did 1 bad thing so he should be banned? Redemption is impossible? That's not reasonable.

Will Smith Went West Philly on Chris Rock — As He Should Have

- - - Updated - - -

I've seen a lot of my friends get into worse tussles than that one. Didn't feel a need for charges to be pressed in those cases either.
    Amounted to less than a bar fight really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    So you have zero tolerance for mistakes? Smith did 1 bad thing so he should be banned? Redemption is impossible? That's not reasonable.
    No I am all for mercy and tolerance for a mistake, but this wasn't a mistake, this was a deliberate act of assault the only reason I believe he apologized was to cover his own ass. He didn't give a flying fuck before or afterwards. He thought it was acceptable to do what he did and that is exactly what it has become.

Redemption comes from remorse and a real attempt to make things right, WORDS like an apology are meaningless without action. He should turn himself in, and he should accept and expect some kind of ban. He should feel ashamed to even keep an award after he ruined the night for everyone else who earned their night of recognition.

I haven't been keeping up with this at all, but are people really delusional enough to think he should be charged for something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post

- - - Updated - - -

A bar fight that was seen and witnessed by million in front of families. If this had happened in the bar, then that would be between the two of them and whoever where ever hat happened.

I personally don't care about either of them or what they do in their private lives or what happens at the Gold Party. When I am watching the Oscars, along with millions of others I am trying to watch an award show and be entertained, not watch a crime take place.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I haven't been keeping up with this at all, but are people really delusional enough to think he should be charged for something?
    plenty of bored people with really..... peculiar sense of what to be outraged over.

That has zero to do with Black Lives Matter. Will Smith and Chris Rock who’s mocked police brutality and violence on black people, aren’t involved in violence based on their skin color.
    If they really cared, they would advocate against this case of violence too.

I was wondering why BLM isn't protesting against violence against black people.
    you people are beyond parodies of yourselves.

He should feel ashamed to even keep an award after he ruined the night for everyone else who earned their night of recognition.
    He's from West Philly. He would've been ashamed had he not done as he did. The linked article should have told you that much.

This has nothing to do with BLM as an organization nor the areas they focus on. "Rich people doing dumb shit." is not a core area of focus for BLM, and why folks think that BLM is just "the catch-all for everything involving Black people" is weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    why folks think that BLM is just "the catch-all for everything involving Black people" is weird.
    it's a self repot, is what it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not relevant, whether it would be better for their wheel house is another matter. Black Lives Matter despite the name is no different than any other organization that could speak up.

I Mean fuck the Academy itself didn't do shit when it fucking happened at this point if they don't do somethin or maybe even if they do, the Academy should be boycotted and backlisted as well.

I mean the Super Bowl simply showed a nipple and the FCC was all over that too. Plenty of blowback should be coming, whether it does we will see, I am sure socially regardless to what happens, the GREEN LIGHT has gone out, conceal carry, people defending themselves from violence over a joke. Let's go.

- - - Updated - - -

He's from West Philly. He would've been ashamed had he not done as he did. The linked article should have told you that much.
    LOL Well I am sure West Philly is proud Will Smith physically checked a near 50+ old comedian. As I said It would have been impressive if it was The Rock. Now when everybody really looks back at this including the jokes about his "alleged" open marriage.

Will's apology is going to look like he is afraid to carry that same energy when everyone else goes after him and his family.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2022-03-30 at 07:39 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. And how many people here would insist on charges being pressed if they witnessed a similar situation happen at the local pub between a couple nobodies?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Some people are yeah. I've got Amadeus temporarily on my ignore list...because that discussion was going nowhere at all...so I can only assume he's still raving about "a crime is a crime" and all that.

I stand by my original statement. If Chris Rock wanted to press charges... I'd support that. He doesn't. And if he doesn't... why should anyone else care?
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2022-03-30 at 07:49 PM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. And how many people here would insist on charges being pressed if they witnessed a similar situation happen at the local pub between a couple nobodies?

- - - Updated - - -

Some people are yeah. I've got Amadeus temporarily on my ignore list...because that discussion was going nowhere at all...so I can only assume he's still raving about "a crime is a crime" and all that.

I stand by my original statement. If Chris Rock wanted to press charges... I'd support that. He doesn't. And if he doesn't... why should anyone else care?
    Except this wasn’t a bar this was an award show in front of families.

Except this wasn’t a bar this was an award show in front of families.
    Somehow i just knew that last response was aimed at me.

'nuff said.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somehow i just knew that last response was aimed at me.

'nuff said.
    I said families. People who didn’t tune in to watch assault and physical violence.

I said families. People who didn’t tune in to watch assault and physical violence.
    my dude, there are kid's movies that are more graphic and violent than what happened on that stage. are people really so bored they have to make a moral crusade out of everything?

You mean besides the fucking movies the award show is awarding? Looooooool

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    That award will attract far more business than the slap lost. He still had a standing ovation minutes after the incident.
    Of course. No one wanted to make a scene on the spot.

But the backlash from several organizations and other famous actors/actresses speaking out completely against what he did will make any producer think twice about risking putting him in a movie. You never know if there will be some people asking for boycotting his movies, or how things can spin out of control. Why take the risk, when you could just hire another actor?

I don't know how much he was asking before, but his bargaining power has reduced quite dramatically. No matter what happens, this will always be on the table.