Thread: Oscars slap.

Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    lol oh no, Will smith won't appear in the next Judd Apatow movie, what a lose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    my dude, there are kid's movies that are more graphic and violent than what happened on that stage. are people really so bored they have to make a moral crusade out of everything?
    Yeah movies aren’t reality. This wasn’t a movie.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Yeah movies aren’t reality. This wasn’t a movie.
    You've lost reality.
    What kind of parent forces their kids to watch the Oscars?
    What kind of kids want to watch the Oscars? They really hype about watching grownups just talk for 2 hours?

These are your own imaginary bullshit.

Or "imagine if Jason Mamoa or The Rock said da joke ... what would Will slap him?"
    Again, that's an imaginary Jason Mamoa or Dwayne Johnson that only exists in your head.

You have personal hang ups with Will Smith. Neat.

Hiding behind kids, families, or Jason Mamoa is some real Karen energy. Because one of the lesson of BLM was. Karens needlessly calling the cops, gets people killed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Given how absolutely fickle people are these days, nobody will care about this in a week or two. Except those that need to be constantly outraged on behalf of other people, I guess.
    People will move on because other things are going to happen. And just because physical assault doesn’t happen to you doesn’t mean it doesn’t matter. This was a public event and a violent crime being committed in front of people over nothing.

That’s something everyone should care about and do. Which is why we have laws. But just because some accept that bullshit doesn’t mean others should.

Mr cool peace and love can go fuck himself right along with anyone else being a hypocrite and condoning this.

That’s something everyone should care about and do.
    no, fuck that, there are so much more important things people can and should be focusing on not only in their personal lives but in the interest of making the world a better place. this petty, moral crusade of yours is just a hack and lazy attempt at pretending you're better than the rest of us. getting this outraged over this is just proof you have nothing of real value to add to the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    You've lost reality.
    What kind of parent forces their kids to watch the Oscars?
    What kind of kids want to watch the Oscars? They really hype about watching grownups just talk for 2 hours?

These are your own imaginary bullshit.

Or "imagine if Jason Mamoa or The Rock said da joke ... what would Will slap him?"
    Again, that's an imaginary Jason Mamoa or Dwayne Johnson that only exists in your head.

You have personal hang ups with Will Smith. Neat.

Hiding behind kids, families, or Jason Mamoa is some real Karen energy. Because one of the lesson of BLM was. Karens needlessly calling the cops, gets people killed.
    I didn’t say anything about kids I said families. People not tuning in to see a violent crime.

No I have a problem with people preaching piece love or trying to pull out other bullshit like systemic racism to derail the fucking subject.

Will Smith committed a violent crime for no cause.

Period. If you think anything thing excuses that or mitigate what happened you’re the one with a reality problem.

- - - Updated - - -

no, fuck that, there are so much more important things people can and should be focusing on not only in their personal lives but in the interest of making the world a better place. this petty, moral crusade of yours is just a hack and lazy attempt at pretending you're better than the rest of us. getting this outraged over this is just proof you have nothing of real value to add to the world.
    You don’t get to decide that to hand wave this shit. You can go on complaining about your hypocritical bullshit on the countless other threads you think is important where you can rely comfortably on not having any ability or any actual business.

This was a public event I’m speaking to and for accountability regardless to how cool you and a few people think that is.

I didn’t say anything about kids I said families. People not tuning in to see a violent crime.

No I have a problem with people preaching piece love or trying to pull out other bullshit like systemic racism to derail the fucking subject.

Period. If you think anything thing excuses that or mitigate what happened you’re the one with a reality problem.

- - - Updated - - -

You don’t get to decide that to hand wave this shit. You can go on complaining about your hypocritical bullshit on the countless other threads you think is important where you can rely comfortably on not having any ability or any actual business.

This was a public event I’m speaking to and for accountability regardless to how cool you and a few people think that is.
    Unhinged Mall is back in full force.

Because the incident amounted to little more than a bar spat — one in which the victim, Rock, wasn’t seriously injured and no weapons were used — the only viable charge against Smith would be misdemeanor battery, according to criminal defense attorney Alan Jackson, a former Los Angeles County prosecutor.

LA has bigger issue and crimes to worry over without wasting resources on...this.

You can go on complaining about your hypocritical bullshit on the countless other threads you think is important where you can rely comfortably on not having any ability or any actual business.
    how is this any different from the way you're acting?

you're not Chris Rock, you're not any of the people involved in this, this quite literally has nothing to do with you outside of your need to virtue signal.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Unhinged Mall is back in full force.
    Yeah, that's why I put him on ignore....I just have to fully commit to not reading his posts. Nothing good can come from engaging with him right now.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

At this point I'd say it's a non-issue. At least until his next movie comes out; "Emancipation."

10+ Year Old Account
    how is this any different from the way you're acting?

you're not Chris Rock, you're not any of the people involved in this, this quite literally has nothing to do with you outside of your need to virtue signal.
    Easily because while it didn't happen to me, socially it still happened in a society I am apart of which I don't view as OK or Acceptable along with plenty of others regardless to how cool some thing it was.

I am going to stand for accountability, you can keep standing for the Not in My Backyard, Ignore shit because the COOL kids on discord or wherever the fuck said so. I am not weak, I don't give a fuck who likes it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Because the incident amounted to little more than a bar spat — one in which the victim, Rock, wasn’t seriously injured and no weapons were used — the only viable charge against Smith would be misdemeanor battery, according to criminal defense attorney Alan Jackson, a former Los Angeles County prosecutor.

LA has bigger issue and crimes to worry over without wasting resources on...this.

L.A Has bigger issues but it is quit possibly this is part of that bigger fucking problem of the LAW not holding people accountable when they can do something when the burdens of proof are evident this clear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not weak, I don't give a fuck who likes it.

No but you continue to reveal your severe lack of understanding on the connection between objectivity and subjectivity and continue to put it on full display in literally every thread you show up in that isn't a "NAME YOUR FAVORITE 3 ______ POLL" and the "I don't give a fuck who likes it" is clearly false as well because you wouldn't be acting like this in order to defend it.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point I'd say it's a non-issue. At least until his next movie comes out; "Emancipation."
    Foxnews and Stormfront will accept your challenge to boycott the movie in the name of Ethics in Game Journalism.

Imagine being in that boycott line, standing between an Anti-Vaxxer and a guy demanding Obama's Birth Certificate.

/s

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I am going to disagree, this is a symptom of an obviously bigger problem, but yes obviously bigger problems exist. Doing something about it does matter and the optics of this aren't going to go away either.

People are already under the impression L.A along with California and Hollywood is a cesspool of shit, and degradation in many eyes. This right here isn't going to do anything to improve that image regardless to Texas or Florida for example being far worse.

Mitigating crime no matter how bad it is, is something people can and will do all the time.

As I said, I ultimately don't care about Will Smith his personal life or even Chris Rock, I care about the fact this was a public event and someone was physically assaulted and the message being sent out from peace and love and all the other hypocrites is that this is OK as long as you say you're sorry and the victim doesn't press charges.

This is NOT ok and there need to be serious consequences because of it, one of them actually is the society now actually handwaving this shit, when we all know this could have gone down a 100 different ways and the same people saying it's no big deal would be outraged too.

If the rule of law is selective then there is no rule or law.

I don't get the outrage over this, sure it will cost Smith work in the future and damage his reputation. I doubt he will ever be nominated or invited to another Oscar ceremony, but Rock was capable of speaking a few seconds later and both went home fine at the end of the night. Back stage would have been a better place to confront him about his shitty joke.

Lets not forget they all know each other, so its not like some dumbass stranger shouting something offensive out in public. which is far easier to ignore, it was a personal attack from somebody they know, which can easily feel like a betrayal. You really need to get some objectivity in the grand scheme off things this is nothing, if he kicked the shit out of him and did lasting damage I would go along with it, but he didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Foxnews and Stormfront will accept your challenge to boycott the movie in the name of Ethics in Game Journalism. Imagine being in that boycott line, standing between an Anti-Vaxxer and a guy demanding Obama's Birth Certificate. /s
    That movie is based upon the life of one "Gordon," a former slave https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gord...ican_American)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    No but you continue to reveal your severe lack of understanding on the connection between objectivity and subjectivity and continue to put it on full display in literally every thread you show up in that isn't a "NAME YOUR FAVORITE 3 ______ POLL" and the "I don't give a fuck who likes it" is clearly false as well because you wouldn't be acting like this in order to defend it.
    Well you fail at plenty of things and this post is a full on display for anyone being objective. A meaningless or fun poll has nothing to do with this, one might be fun and mild interest, that has nothing to do with a Violent Act where someone actually commits violence against someone else for not cause.

Anyone thinking that is cool or ok isn't someone who's views on anything I care about. Forget how anyone feels the fact is this is a crime that happened some are literally because they think it's funny like well I don't give a fuck because it didn't happen to me. Yet they will go on COUNTLESS threads arguing with each other in the direct opposite that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post
    I don't get the outrage over this, sure it will cost Smith work in the future and damage his reputation. I doubt he will ever be nominated or invited to another Oscar ceremony, but Rock was capable of speaking a few seconds later and both went home fine at the end of the night. Back stage would have been a better place to confront him about his shitty joke.

Lets not forget they all know each other, so its not like some dumbass stranger shouting something offensive out in public. which is far easier to ignore, it was a personal attack from somebody they know, which can easily feel like a betrayal. You really need to get some objectivity in the grand scheme off things this is nothing, if he kicked the shit out of him and did lasting damage I would go along with it, but he didn't.
    Because this wasn't either of their personal or private event. And just because he didn't beat the shit out of him isn't a defense, he had no cause to hit him in the first place over a tame joke.

Violence escalates, once the cat is out of the bag nobody has any credibility to say what is right or wrong about what happens next purely over a projection of how someone else felt about something that happened like a physical assault.

Lol what a bullshit “article”.

Basically what we have here is a bunch of idiots who don’t understand the difference between a joke and an insult. What Chris Rock said was NOT and insult UNLESS you think being bald is unequivocally terrible and unattractive, and the mere mention of baldness implies mockery. That would be a you problem, though.

For example, I have a few white hairs in my beard. I’m not sensitive about it but some people very much are, so let’s pretend I am for a second. If someone came up to me and said “hey, I see you’re rocking the [insert attractive celebrity with similar feature] look”, it’s obviously a joke that’s referencing a feature I’m not happy about, but while it might make me sad or upset it’s still NOT an insult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Excuse me, but could you not be so violent in your wording, my family might be watching me scroll through this forum. I don't want to have to possibly press charges.
    Go for it, because we all know words are the same thing as physical assault.