Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Patch 9.2 Hotfixes - March 28 - Sepulcher of the First Ones Tuning and Class Changes

Patch 9.2 Hotfixes - March 28, 2022
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes

Death Knight
    • Unholy
      • All damage increased by 5%.

Druid
    • Feral
      • All damage increased by 3%.
      • Primal Wrath damage increased by 10%.
      • Brutal Slash damage increased by 20%.
      • Swipe damage increased by 15%.
      • Thrash damage increased by 20%.
    • Guardian
      • [With realm restarts] (4) Set Bonus: Architect's Aligner now deals reduced damage beyond 5 targets.
        Developer note: Architect’s Aligner dealing damage to an uncapped amount of targets is inconsistent with the philosophy we applied earlier in Shadowlands to other similar abilities. As such, we are implementing a fix to this bonus that reduces the amount of damage done beyond 5 targets. Additionally, we will be watching the performance of this bonus and will make additional adjustments if the need arises. Thank you for the feedback regarding this bonus!

Hunter
    • Beast Mastery
      • Beast Cleave now deals reduced damage beyond 8 targets (was 5).
      • All damage increased by 3%.

Monk
    • Mistweaver
      • Spinning Crane Kick damage increased by 30%.

Rogue
    • Outlaw
      • Blade Flurry now strikes nearby enemies for 50% of normal damage (was 40%).

Shaman
    • Elemental

Warlock
    • Destruction

Warrior
    • Ignore Pain now ignores 55% of the damage (was 50%).
    • Protection
      • Demoralizing Shout now reduces the damage enemies deal to you by 25% (was 20%).
      • Ignore Pain now reduces the cost of Ignore Pain to 35 Rage (was 40 Rage).
      • Spell Reflection cooldown reduced to 20 seconds (was 25 seconds).
      • Vanguard reduces all damage taken by 15% (was 10%).

Dungeons and Raids
    • Tazavesh: Streets of Wonder
      • The Grand Menagerie
        • Fixed an issue where Gluttonous Feast could fail to cast at the beginning of The Grand Menagerie encounter in Tazavesh.
    • Sepulcher of the First Ones
      • Skolex, the Insatiable Ravener
        • [With realm restarts] Skolex's health has been reduced by ~6% in Mythic and Heroic difficulties.
      • Dausegne, the Fallen Oracle
        • [With realm restarts] Dausegne’s health has been reduced by ~6% in Heroic difficulty.
        • [With realm restarts] Disintegration Halo vulnerability reduced to 200% in Normal and Raid Finder difficulties.
      • Lords of Dread
        • [With realm restarts] Swarm of Darkness and Swarm of Decay caused by Mal'Ganis' Unto Darkness will now increase all damage taken by 100% rather than only area-of-effect abilities.
          Developer note: When originally creating the Unto Darkness and Swarm abilities for the Lords of Dread, the idea was intended to be in the flavor of the dreadlords turning into an actual swarm and being adversely affected by area-of-effect abilities such as Flamestrike. However, the way it played out was that this proved to be very limiting in which classes could perform at a required level for harder difficulties. We're making a change to update the vulnerability from area-of-effect damage to all damage taken so that every damage class can enjoy the phase equally.
    • Rygelon
      • [With realm restarts] Reduced boss health by 5% on Heroic difficulty.
      • [With realm restarts] Reduced the damage of Stellar Decay by 20% on Heroic difficulty.
      • [With realm restarts] Reduced the health of Unstable Quasars by approximately 33% on Heroic difficulty.
      • Fixed an issue with Corrupted Wound’s spell description in the Dungeon Journal. Functionality remains unchanged.
    • The Jailer
      • Fixed an issue with Diverted Life Shield's spell description that caused it to display the improper amount of healing. It will now properly show it heals 2% per tick.

Zereth Mortis
    • Bauble of Pure Innovation now respawns more quickly.

Items and Rewards
    • The Optional Reagent slot for Legendary Crafting can now also be unlocked by completing the campaign quest “The Crown of Wills”.
    • Players must now be on the ground to activate the Personal Containment Trap Toy.
    • Certified Vouchsafe's cast bar can now be interrupted by moving your character.
    • Cache of Acquired Treasures will now begin cycling the weapons you can rummage through just before it comes off cooldown.
    • Cosmic Gladiator's Eternal Aegis - Corrected an issue that could cause the absorb shield to incorrectly fully absorb large single attacks that exceed the remaining absorb amount.

Achievements
    • Characters who experienced a bug which prevented the achievement "Renowned" from being earned should now properly earn their achievement upon login if they have 80 Renown.

Pet Battles
    • You can now properly queue for a pet battle with the "Find Battle" button while in Zereth Mortis.

Player versus Player
    • War Mode
      • In War Mode, Kbato's damage versus other player's Kbatos in the "Knocking On Death's Door" quest has been reduced.
    • Shaman
      • Fixed an issue that allowed Chain Heal to heal vehicles in battlegrounds.
    Last edited by chaud; 2022-03-29 at 02:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sad to see there's still no buff to the drop rate for Dominance Key. Blizzard sure was eager to stealth nerf all the farming methods, though. =/
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Destro gets buffed, class tuning in 2022. That happens if u just try to balance a game around singletarget and completly ignore M+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    Sad to see there's still no buff to the drop rate for Dominance Key. Blizzard sure was eager to stealth nerf all the farming methods, though. =/
    Agreed.
    Zereth Mortis seems to be a wasteland already. Might have to increase the respawn rate of the Rares (check LFG, the groups dwindle every day).
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Jailer dead but no Halondrus nerfs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    Agreed.
    Zereth Mortis seems to be a wasteland already. Might have to increase the respawn rate of the Rares (check LFG, the groups dwindle every day).
    on saturday i actually had to wait for about ten minutes for a group to fill up for the world boss. and we started pulling with ten players..
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    on saturday i actually had to wait for about ten minutes for a group to fill up for the world boss. and we started pulling with ten players..
    I mean, 10 players is the amount which is enough? It literally starts to scale up if more players start attacking it.

Quote Originally Posted by daCarter View Post
    Destro gets buffed, class tuning in 2022. That happens if u just try to balance a game around singletarget and completly ignore M+.
    and pvp, destro with 4 piece is slamming everyone already.

I've been gone from retail wow for a couple of weeks, but have been logging on the last 3 days. Zereth is a great looking zone, but damn its dead.. I have WM off so thats where I normally meet alot of ppl. I doubt theres alot of players around with WM on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    I mean, 10 players is the amount which is enough? It literally starts to scale up if more players start attacking it.
    It's an MMO though. Where are the people.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

WoW is basically an instance MMO at this point. We're in the capital city 95% of the time, doing M+, raids and pvp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by daCarter View Post
    Ah yes, if you ignore the rest of the patch notes where they're specifically buffing the AoE of other specs. How convenient.

idk man, doing dungeons or some crap. I had 140 sign ups for my DoS 15 earlier in the week

And so ends survivals 5 mins in the spotlight. They'll still be good for keys I guess
    The greater the light, the darker the shadow. And this light casts a shadow over all I see - the Prophet Velen, when asked what's next for Blizzard

So, they buffed destro and elemental that are specs that already belong to a class that is overperforming (enh and demo are god tier in SoFO) and both specs (demo and elemental) are stronger than entire classes
    Stronger than both warrior dps specs
    Stronger than both druid dps specs
    Stronger than all mage dps specs
    Stronger than the only paladin dps spec
    Stronger than the only priest dps spec

who tf is doing these class balances has no clue about what's going on

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinte View Post
    WoW is basically an instance MMO at this point. We're in the capital city 95% of the time, doing M+, raids and pvp.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah yes, if you ignore the rest of the patch notes where they're specifically buffing the AoE of other specs. How convenient.
    I am sure - that's my opinion, so it is debattable - that more players do world content than instances, well at least M+ and raids.

This would mean there are other groups filling on LFG.

Also everyone does it Tuesday, so Saturday seems meaningless.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I've been gone from retail wow for a couple of weeks, but have been logging on the last 3 days. Zereth is a great looking zone, but damn its dead.. I have WM off so thats where I normally meet alot of ppl. I doubt theres alot of players around with WM on?
    normally i have WM off, too. there was a quest for a pvp trinket and i had WM on on one char. could've been because of that, but then.. it was saturday between 1400 and 1800. ususally i have two to three big groups to queue for and often they are instantly full again.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    sure, it is enough. but world bosses are loot pinatas, no? i flew my weak ass mage there for the weekly and maybe even loot.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by Akerfeldt View Post
    So, they buffed destro and elemental that are specs that already belong to a class that is overperforming (enh and demo are god tier in SoFO) and both specs (demo and elemental) are stronger than entire classes

Elemental isn't good and got a 14% nerf the other week.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

thankfully not casuals like you, stay in your lfr if you dont know shit about this game stop watching world first vids with demos geting 12 PIs, shout and faery infusion buffs lol
    I.O BFA Season 3

10+ Year Old Account

I wonder if you even play the game your posting this about? Because this "logic" makes no sense with the current DPS tuning and ranks in SFO atm.