Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Anime] What is the last Anime you watched and how would you rate it?

Death Note - 8/10
    A very long series but very well done. The characters felt nuanced and and the subject matter was handled much better than I expected it to be. As easy as death becomes it remains impactful. Given how long it was... it does seem to drag in some parts.

Attack on Titan - 5/10
    It did not feel right to give this a lower rating as I couldn't finish it. I watched at least half the first season but could not care less about any of it. The world was meh, the action was alright, but the characters did not grip me. Honestly if you don't care what happens then your characters aren't that memorable.

That Time I was Reincarnated Into a Slime - 10/10
    This was a very fun anime that I wouldn't change a thing. The characters are great, the world building is exquisite, and story keeps you entertained... what more could you ask for?

Overlord - 10/10
    I know, a second 10/10 but I can not rate this one highly enough. The cast of characters are great and it's not everyday you find yourself on the bad guys side. Make no mistake Aniz is a bad guy but everything he does is entertaining.

So I'm a Spider, So What? - 9/10
    This is the last anime I finished. It is a great story that drags in parts as it cuts so much from the manga. The human characters come off as boring but they are not really given the time needed to really come alive. It is still a good anime that feels almost like a bridge between the two previous ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boku no Pico 10/10

10+ Year Old Account
    My Dress Up Darling - 8/10

Cute show with nice animation. The fan service is mildly annoying but every episode had me smiling.

Ranking of Kings - 10/10

I still have 2 episodes left, but I highly doubt my opinion will change. What really drives this show are the characters. They are all very complex and feel more realistic than almost any show I've watched before. Plus Bojji is so adorable it's hard not to root for the lil guy.

Jujutsu Kaisen 0 - 8/10

Beautiful movie that features a lot of the great characters from Jujutsu Kaisen. That being said I did feel the absence of the main cast as they are some of my favorite characters. Overall, a fun movie. Nothing like crazy but it was nice to be back in the universe. Very excited for Season 2.

Reposting my review of 86 from the anime thread.

86 - 4/10 (meh)

S2 isn't as gripping as the first half of S1 was. S1 had a high casualty rate early on but then they ran out of fodders to blow up. S1 was also weighed down by the insufferable heroine and the melodrama. S2 strangely doesn't infuse the heroes with a lot of new few fodder characters, so it doesn't feel like there is much tension in the battles. On the upside, Lena is absent for most of S1, but sadly a new insufferable girl replaces her. Also has that ugly modern anime aesthetic with cartoony anime characters juxtaposed against photrealistic backgrounds, and pristine adobe after effects particles and FoV and milky filters plastered over the image. Only good thing about it was the impactful sound design, which was great.

10+ Year Old Account
    DragonBall Z, FUNimation dub. 10/10

I'm a sucker for Bruce Faulconer's music score for the entire FUNimation dub of the series. I've downloaded all of the albums across multiple devices over the past 10 years or so.

Dorohedoro: 9/10 I'd give it a perfect score but the CG to me doesn't capture the all encompassing dirt, filth and grime that gives the art style of the manga so much... "texture". otherwise love the story, the music slaps way harder than it needs to. watched it 5 times on repeat. give me another season ASAP.

I watched Cowboy Bebop again because I wanted to compare it to the live action version. 9/10.

Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody - 7/10
    I know another isekai... but for some reason I really like the world building in this genre. While everything is presented as kindness and not lewd... it's still a little on the creepy side given the ages of everyone involved.

Record of the Lodoss War - 10/10
    Holy hell this is a great anime that is like watching Dungeon's and Dragons from the 80's. I wouldn't change anything... the story, the characters, it all works exceptionally well. I just want more of this.

Bastard!! - 9/10
    I absolutely love this anime. Only point deduction is due to still being unfinished after decades. The 80's Metal Band references are great and an absolute joy. The main character is over the top and absolutely sells the dialogue. Highly recommend.

Berserk - 8/10
    Great story that kinda goes off the rails... and becomes exceptionally dark. Not for the faint of heart but if brutality doesn't bother you then definitely check this one out.

Ninja Scroll - 10/10
    An amazing anime that has it all. The story is one of the best and there is a reason why it's considered a classic that can not be missed. If you skipped due to hype... do yourself a favor and trust this one.

In Another World with My Smartphone - 7/10
    Another Isekai with an OP protagonist. The formula is very common at this point but the characters are likeable and bringing modern advancements to a middle age world is fun. Especially liked the bicycles... though a hand gun with rubber bullets has been amusing as well.

Cautious Hero: The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious - 8/10
    This one took me by surprise. Instead of unearned power the hero trains to become stronger. At first I felt Seiya was a one trick and not worth investing more time into but I'm glad I stuck with it. One of the best character arcs I've seen in a long while.

Grimgar, Ashes and Illusions - 7/10
    While no where near as light hearted as most isekai are... this one has striking visuals and gives a really grounded feel of what it would be like to be in a dangerous fantasy world. It is worth watching if you enjoy a more gritty D&D vibe.

Cells at Work - 10/10
    I know this is a kids show but my god it is so upbeat. The platelets are so cute... combined with the brutality of the white blood cell it becomes a surreal experience. What's even better is you actually learn something while you watch.

Goblin Slayer - 9/10
    This one starts off in one of the most brutal ways imaginable which will turn a lot of people off. However, that experience and the threat of that kind of violence sets the tone needed to carry this one home. Goblin Slayer is not OP but his knowledge and tactics makes him the best at what he does.

Rewatched The Twelve Kingdoms. Good art and animation compared to today's anime. Interesting world. Sadly the series is very slowly paced. Best arcs were the Taiki and Kouya arcs. I'm torn between giving it a 5/10 or a 6/10.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    Legend of the Galactic Heroes - Die Neue These - episode 36 (season 3) (2022)
    It doesn't hold up to be in cinemas but it is in Japan, (they clumped some episodes together) still a 9/10.

Quote Originally Posted by ugabelege View Post
    Legend of the Galactic Heroes - Die Neue These - episode 36
    The one positive thing I will say about the latest episode is that Muller and Kempff got more focus and are more sympathetic in the remake than I remember from the original OVA series. I overall find the remake to be inferior to the original OVA series, though. Doesn't have the timeless aesthetics or classical music, and it doesn't have that "epic" feel the original did.

Ya Boy Kongming!
    9/10, really surprised how good this one ended up being. I absolutely adore Kongming, and the rest of the cast are pretty great as well.
    Also the opening is an absolute banger

Downside is that it's on HIDIVE, and I didn't even know what that was until I wanted to watch it.

The most recent anime I watched was my hero academia. Uh, it's a bit slow to start. Didn't watch very much, up to where the kids do a 2 kids vs teacher test. I'd rate it like 6.5/10. Didn't watch enough to see much character development.

Before that was reading and watching Attack on Titan. Flesh Gundams, what I always wanted. It wasn't exactly the "this is the end" apocalypse I hoped for. It went from horror to flesh gundam vs child soldiers with flesh gundams. I just can't. No character development occurred. Ending was flubbed from fan pressure. 7/10

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    The most recent anime I watched was my hero academia. Uh, it's a bit slow to start. Didn't watch very much, up to where the kids do a 2 kids vs teacher test. I'd rate it like 6.5/10. Didn't watch enough to see much character development.

Before that was reading and watching Attack on Titan. Flesh Gundams, what I always wanted. It wasn't exactly the "this is the end" apocalypse I hoped for. It went from horror to flesh gundam vs child soldiers with flesh gundams. I just can't. No character development occurred. Ending was flubbed from fan pressure. 7/10
    Its not done though, one more season to go

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
    Its not done though, one more season to go
    That's why I said read, the manga did.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Erased : 9.5/10

Quite a beautiful one season wonder. Basically a who done it crime solver with time travel mixed into it. But its the way its executed that I gave it such a high rating.

Normally I hate time travel because of plot holes it opens but this was expertly handled with grace and was more realistic in that high fantasy setting. The artstyle at times is completely beautiful and has many memorable visual scenes.

Has dark subject matter that doesnt become depressing but gives gravity to the events of the series. Highly recommend for anyone who likes more intellectual anime.

Similar to two other anime I watched recently which also only have one season atm but have bigger manga and have more seasons coming.

Tower of God 9/10.

Beautiful high concept anime that pulls it off and is intellectually engaging. Has all the fun of anime, OP powers, OP weapons, crazy memorable characters and "game to pass of the week" type episodes. But has depth in its simplicity of climbing the tower and the parallels of life combined with an art style that is truly unique

Classroom of the elite : 9/10.

Havent enjoyed this kind of "battle of wits" since death note with Light vs L. Also incredibly refreshing to have a protagonist that doesnt fall to the normal tropes of anime and is rational and doesnt bend to everyones will to please
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    That's why I said read, the manga did.
    You said both and the thread is about anime not manga.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    9/10 Trapped in a Dating Sim: The World of Otome Games Is Tough for Mobs

9/10 Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie

10/10 Date A Live

10/10 BIRDIE WING -Golf Girls' Story-

My Hero Academia: 8/10 - I enjoyed everything about this besides Deku
    The Devil is a Part-Timer: 7/10 - I like the story but I needed a little more action
    Prison School: 4/10 - I like the art style but the type of "fan service" here makes it an awkward watch for me

Currently I'm watching Rosario + Vampire and while it's not what I expected its been mildly interesting