Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Keyboard Turner
    1+ Year Old Account
    The last anime I finished was Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie. I really liked it, super adorable, the characters are great and insanely lovable (and many of the criticisms levied at them are wholly undeserved, especially regarding Izumi), and its second half starts to lean more into drama and it's genuinely well done. Solid 7/10 in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy1018 View Post
    9/10 Trapped in a Dating Sim: The World of Otome Games Is Tough for Mobs

9/10 Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie

10/10 Date A Live

10/10 BIRDIE WING -Golf Girls' Story-
    Birdie actually shocked me in how much I enjoyed it but we probably have to wait a year for another season sadly.

Currently really enjoying Aoashi and hopefully it becomes like Haikyuu!! Or Kuroko and actually gets finished in anime form. With Blue Lock also coming up in October should be a really good year for soccer anime.

9/10 Isekai Yakkyoku

Honestly expected this to be another throwaway isekai story, but it's actually very good. Not about action, but about the problems of emerging healthcare systems and medical knowledge. Much more thought-out than I expected an isekai to be, but it's definitely not the swords-and-dungeons kind of experience many people want out of the genre

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Birdie actually shocked me in how much I enjoyed it but we probably have to wait a year for another season sadly.

Currently really enjoying Aoashi and hopefully it becomes like Haikyuu!! Or Kuroko and actually gets finished in anime form. With Blue Lock also coming up in October should be a really good year for soccer anime.
    Actually no we don't part 2 of season 1 of Birdie Wing starts in Jan '23. So about 3.5 months from now ~ish?

- - - Updated - - -

Pantheon 12/10 - Western show on AMC

Overlord season 4 - 10/10

Engage Kiss 7/10

Black Summoner 10/10 - Very close to the source LN

Classroom of the Elite 10/10

A couple of Cuckoos 8/10 - Very good RomCom, on par with My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected just slightly below so far.

My Isekai Life 7/10 - Animation is lacking but story is just feel good Isekai power fantasy.

Call of the Night 9/10 - Fuck I think we all felt this way in middle or high school.

Lycoris Recoil 9/10 - Hell not even sure how to describe it, high school girl secret service/assassins doesn't do it justice.

Vermeil in Gold 9/10 - Heart warming show about falling in love.

Uncle from Another World 6/10 - Mainly because it breaks the illusion we all have about 1. Protags being good looking, and go the more realistic route, and 2. If you thought Isekai protogs were dumb as dirt before, well this takes it to 12/10. The production issues that make this a half cour doesn't help. Let me just say I stopped reading the manga about where the anime is stopping this season because it really leans into Isekai troops to the point that it was 4th wall breaking without meaning to be, otherwise known as immersion breaking.

lycoris recoil - minus 1/10 - a sloughing snoozefest of an anime, your run-off-the-mill cute girls cute things stuff with distinct superficial lez vibes
    engage kiss - minus 300/10 - instadropped after first episode due to horrendous plot and even more horrendous fight scenes and animation
    Devil is a part-timer s2 - unwatchable
    Arifureta s2 - unbearable
    Re-do of a Healer - 69/69 - a really good and soft story about love and friensdhip, and how friends can help you become a better person

I think it was Silent Voice
    10/10 imo. One of the best one i've seen.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortress of Arrogance View Post
    lycoris recoil - minus 1/10 - a sloughing snoozefest of an anime, your run-off-the-mill cute girls cute things stuff with distinct superficial lez vibes
    engage kiss - minus 300/10 - instadropped after first episode due to horrendous plot and even more horrendous fight scenes and animation
    Devil is a part-timer s2 - unwatchable
    Arifureta s2 - unbearable
    Re-do of a Healer - 69/69 - a really good and soft story about love and friensdhip, and how friends can help you become a better person
    Your tolling is noticed and I have to say it is pathetic because anyone that watches anime would already know about Redo of Healer even a hermit like me knows about the uproar it caused because people are. . . well people and like to deny in public what they would love to do to others in private/their mind. Good attempt though because everything else can be written off as personal opinion but like most trolls you just went too far because you are no where near as smart as you think you are, but hey learn from this and good luck next time. That is if you can keep your fucking ego in check.

My Hero Academia: 7/10

I haven't watched anime in FOREVER but

Hellsing Ultimate - 6/10
    Cool fight scenes but it doesn't flow as well as the OG Hellsing. Not to mention Victoria is annoying as hell in this.

Psycho-Pass - 3/10
    An absolute snoozefest. I didn't get past the 3rd episode, which is a shame considering I used to like Gen Urobuchi's work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jujutsu Kaisen - 7/10

Demons, Cursed techniques, bold headed protagonist with a deathwish & a will to take on the world. It felt like a mash up of other anime. Bleach + Naruto vibes.

Demon Slayer - 8/10

More demons. Definitely more emotions. Loved the ragtag group that forms as the adventures went on. The animation is on point plus Tanjiro strategizing puts you in the headspace.

Both up there with the top dawg anime now imo.

Attack on Titan 7/10

I saw a really nice shirt today with Deku on it and thought "hmm, this is my son's favorite show. I'll enjoy the shirt and give the show a try". I haven't really watched anime in a decade or two so this is a revival of sorts for me.

My thoughts on the first episode of My Hero Academia is that Izuku is a whiny little puke and I'm embarrassed to have him on my shirt My son assures me he gets better, so I'll continue with the show as I know it's been pretty well praised. I hope there's less of the over-dramatic emotional moments in future episodes, though. You know what I mean, the monster tears and snot trails and such.

Bubblegum Crisis: 10/10
    Iria Zeiram: 9/10

Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    I saw a really nice shirt today with Deku on it and thought "hmm, this is my son's favorite show. I'll enjoy the shirt and give the show a try". I haven't really watched anime in a decade or two so this is a revival of sorts for me.

My thoughts on the first episode of My Hero Academia is that Izuku is a whiny little puke and I'm embarrassed to have him on my shirt My son assures me he gets better, so I'll continue with the show as I know it's been pretty well praised. I hope there's less of the over-dramatic emotional moments in future episodes, though. You know what I mean, the monster tears and snot trails and such.
    He does get better from that. That isn't to say he doesn't get teary eyed at times, but I don't think anything ever gets as bad as him crying trying to drag Bakugo out of the slime monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    He does get better from that. That isn't to say he doesn't get teary eyed at times, but I don't think anything ever gets as bad as him crying trying to drag Bakugo out of the slime monster.
    That's good to hear. I like for characters to show emotion, it's the overly-dramatic emotional outbursts that are found in anime that puts me off. I'll suffer through some of that, though, if the surrounding story is as good as everyone has made it out to be.

The character designs are great, though. When I first saw All Might I thought he looked odd, then by the end of the episode I realized I really dug his look.

Beast Tamer

4/10

As generic as any other fantasy isekai trope with the OP Protagonist and their all female Harem...

Tried to dive into the isekai swamp with the "Reincarnated as a Sword".
    it's 3/10, sadly.
    Not entertaining, no animation, no interesting fight scenes, no characters besides sword and the nekogirl.

Also watching Arknights: Prelude to Dawn.
    5 episodes in so far.
    It's very bad, sadly, which is specially painful to me as an Arknights fan and player.